CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the nearest ones to that rec area where her car was found?

I'm going to correct my earlier post. According to this website, there is a toilet at the trailhead/parking area. It is a simple vault toilet, however. Single stall.

http://www.hikingintherockies.com/hiking/hike reports/elder_fehn/ElderFehn.htm

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 8.35.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 8.35.08 AM.png
    693.8 KB · Views: 314
Leaves and twigs has never struck me as anything huge. I have asked the question how common it is for outdoor killers to bury their victims. But obviously there’s no sort of statistic.

While it is haunting to hear “buried under leaves and twigs,” what else does a murderer do with a body, in a hurry, when he wants to somewhat conceal it?

There are two choices in my opinion: bury it under dirt or bury it under leaves.

I bet this is more common than we know for victims in wooded areas.

I agree and I am willing to bet it is more common than digging a hole.

If anyone has ever tried to dig a good size hole in their yard then you know what I mean. It is much more difficult than you think because you usually hit rocks roots and other things that make digging a deep and large enough hole a daunting task. Could take hours and sometimes its not even possible due to rocks and roots.

Ive tried to dig large holes for trees that I bought at a nursery and it was difficult. I cant even imagine trying to dig a large hole that would be deep enough to fully cover a body. It depends on the type and area of the soil but most places have obstacles when digging i have found.

I believe that is why we sometimes hear "partially buried" as well. Covering with leaves and woods debri is probably more common than we think IMO.

What attack?

Poor choice of words on my part. Should have said "killing". I do think there was a confrontation of some sort that started this. So whether or not there was any physical fighting or hatchet throwing before the actual killing we dont know at this point.

I do think that area would be a good area to search for any evidence like shell casings or blood evidence.

Poor choice of words on my part. Should have said "killing". I do think there was a confrontation of some sort that started this. So whether or not there was any physical fighting or hatchet throwing before the actual killing we dont know at this point.

I do think that area would be a good area to search for any evidence like shell casings or blood evidence.

Are you talking about ML?

Oh, OK. The toilet was at the trailhead where ML's car was found.

Sorry. I didnt mean to confuse anyone and I thought we were near the camping area where DN was known to have camped.

I need to take a break from these cases LOL
Sorry about that. Ignore all my posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther