CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
The locks I was referring to are the closets in Texas that was in the Washington Post article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...of-strange-behavior-family-and-neighbors-say/ Also a spokesman for the DA's office is quoted in The Desert Sun article today (that is one of the local newspapers) that they are looking at what happened in all jurisdictions. I gather than means Texas too because the quote did not say all jurisdictions in California, but simply all jurisdictions.

What is admissible will be up to the judge. I'm sure that the defendants will try to declare as much inadmissible as they can get away with.

Maybe there was evidence o locks, on photos that I didn't see. I looked at photos of the TX home and didn't see any signs of locks, at the Rio Vista home. It was plumb nasty looking though.

I have a hard time distinguishing them. I finally made photo and listed the names over the heads of the ones I'd figured out so I could have something to refer to, myself, in my head, rather than calling them #s.
I think the names of 1 thru 12 are listed the family message in one of the grandparents obit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I love that thought; I hope you're right! $400,000 seems like a paltry amount when a bus aide who was harassed by a student got $700,000 in a short time.

O/T
That was terribly unkind, of the students, but, geeze... She'll not have to worry about coming BACK from vacation. O.O

I think the names of 1 thru 12 are listed the family message in one of the grandparents obit.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, I keep forgetting that LT's parents are deceased. I hate calling them by #s but no other option, publicly, for now.

Thanks, I keep forgetting that LT's parents are deceased. I hate calling them by #s but no other option, publicly, for now.

True. I do hope they get to pick their own new names one day, like the Fritz children. These kids man, they will -I hope and pray- thrive in their new lives. <3

BBM

This is what Amy Duggar wants. So I will say “No” it’s not really being considered, except by Amy on Twitter. There is no way this will happen. The state is working hard for the benefit of the survivors, and handing them over to a reality show family would not be to their benefit at all.
I don't think she was serious. I think it was said in a thoughtful way, like any of us would say. Hey, I wish I could adopt them all and fix everything with just my love, too. But I know it's just not possible, for at least a hundred reasons. The only reason it is repeated in MSM is because she's an almost famous Duggar on Twitter. I don't think it's a serious offer. My opinion.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

He didn&#8217;t say that he had some people there I didn&#8217;t see it from the beginning but there were two women and one of them was from the facility the children were in I believe and she was the one talking about the mind of a child

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BBM

I can&#8217;t imagine that anyone who has cared for the Turpin siblings at a &#8220;facility&#8221; is going to risk her job and violate HIPAA privacy laws to spill info on Dr Oz. Nor would Dr Oz allow that (he is a real doctor and bound by the same laws). I suggest finding and posting a link, please.

True. I do hope they get to pick their own new names one day, like the Fritz children. These kids man, they will -I hope and pray- thrive in their new lives. <3

Yeah, I came close just now to asking why we can't call them by initials...duh. :doh:

ETA: They may want to keep their first names, but, who knows? They may just decide to make a whole new start one day.

I love that thought; I hope you're right! $400,000 seems like a paltry amount when a bus aide who was harassed by a student got $700,000 in a short time.

I think the difference may be the way the fundraisers have been publicized. KKs fundraiser was posted on “the front page of the internet” website, the same website that had a huge part in identifying grateful doe. So a LOT of people were aware of her situation and the fundraiser. If I wasn’t on WS, I wouldn’t know about the fundraising efforts for the T victims. It may just be a matter of exposure.

Don't mean to be snarky, but, I may not be a Duggar show fan, nor understand the draw, but Amy was a victim of abuse too. I don't really understand the vitriol. My parents never picked me up by the throat or tried to run me over with a car. She isn't going to get the Turpin kids. No fears.

I agree. I am not a Duggar fan but Amy is a cousin who is actually quite outspoken about not agreeing with the Duggar’s beliefs.

And I think she tweeted in the same way that many here have posted, with sincere concern and desire to help, but because she’s “reality famous,” it caught on... JMO and all that.

Idk, I feel like $400k in two weeks is a lot of money for a fundraiser. Maybe it doesn’t seem like very much since it’s for 13 individuals. Hopefully the dine out fundraiser tomorrow will raise a bunch of money too. But I do think $400k is a lot to raise in a couple of weeks JMO

It seems soooooo much longer than two weeks! But compared to other campaigns, it doesn’t seem like a lot to me. I don’t think money is being collected through , so I wonder if that has made the difference. Yes, here’s hoping for more.

It seems soooooo much longer than two weeks! But compared to other campaigns, it doesn’t seem like a lot to me. I don’t think money is being collected through , so I wonder if that has made the difference. Yes, here’s hoping for more.

I do think the way funds are being raised has an impact on the amount donated. If I wasn’t on WS, I would have heard about the case, but I doubt I would have heard about the fundraising aspect. It’s not very publicized IMO. If there was more of a social media campaign which shared the links to donate, it would probably have a positive effect on the amount of donations.

I don't think she was serious. I think it was said in a thoughtful way, like any of us would say. Hey, I wish I could adopt them all and fix everything with just my love, too. But I know it's just not possible, for at least a hundred reasons. The only reason it is repeated in MSM is because she's an almost famous Duggar on Twitter. I don't think it's a serious offer. My opinion.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

See how much I know, bless her heart, I thought she WAS one of the original Duggars w/the original t.v. show. Never watched the show, but feel for the kids of the apparently very odd upbringings. I've said this before, I was brought up Pentecostal but my upbringing was NOTHING like that. I wore bikinis, shorts, cut my hair, all that jazz. We were allowed to "live" life.

There's actually a psychology to this. You can raise more money for one person than two. The psychology behind it is that the public cannot connect as easily to two or more people in a group as they can on the individual level. I've seen this in animal rescue as well. I raised 2K one evening for the very compelling need of one cat. But it took weeks to raise the same amount for a group of cats from a horrendous situation.

It's called the identifiable victim effect, along with psychic numbing when people are overwhelmed by the scale.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BBM

I can&#8217;t imagine that anyone who has cared for the Turpin siblings at a &#8220;facility&#8221; is going to risk her job and violate HIPAA privacy laws to spill info on Dr Oz. Nor would Dr Oz allow that (he is a real doctor and bound by the same laws). I suggest finding and posting a link, please.

Thanks!! I can't imagine it either. Waiting for that link. I won't be shocked if someone from that facility was on the show, I'll be horrified.

It seems soooooo much longer than two weeks! But compared to other campaigns, it doesn&#8217;t seem like a lot to me. I don&#8217;t think money is being collected through , so I wonder if that has made the difference. Yes, here&#8217;s hoping for more.

I think has a psychological effect. People like to see how the campaign is doing and check back to see if it's reaching it's goal and perhaps even donate a second time to help get there. I donated to a cause in our area and when I checked back, it was only $30 short of reaching the goal so donated $30 more.

I'm already doing this mission injustice. I'm really unsure of dates on pictures and I'm hoping some discussion and manipulation of photos (add # identification?) by fellow sleuthers will clear things up.

Here is another set of pictures. What strikes me on these is one of the three youngest is now a head taller than her other two sisters. The circus circus branded one appears to be from 2014. Same place and time in these two? The kids aren't alright.

6f79e523c810aa17cc840b38365f95c1.jpegTurpin-circus-circus-2014-copy-REV.jpg

One word of caution,

Be very careful about donating and fundraising especially on-line. The Turpin case is a case of hugely international proportions. Working to filter out the sincere from the slim-balls takes effort and planning. Don't be too quick to donate online as the wrong clicks can lead to viruses, malware, and identity theft. Make sure that you are researching the organization before giving anything!

This is a list that is constantly updated of proven charities that are legitimate and verified. If your organization is not on this list, there is likelihood that it is not legit and could be a scam:

https://www.charitywatch.org/top-rated-charities

Satch

One more from the day of posing with characters. Four pigtails and one bangs, same day. Their poor feet in those flip flops. And the middle boy is posing so carefully. He tugs at my heartstrings. He always seems to try SO hard. The youngest on this day, taking all the pictures together still looks 4ish to me, but certainly could be 6/7. She's hamming it up for the camera, maybe a little baby innocence, yet? But that doesn't work if I think our brave whistleblower may be around 12/13 here. I think. Correct me where I'm wrong.

TELEMMGLPICT000151426951_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqdUd-TAaiPbxkimx6luvE3VAu7jBTWG0CIoKp6yj7fc.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks