GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

MOO, thinking about the horrific abuse Sini committed on Sherin and the indifference she showed when Sherin went missing (asking about attending a baby shower FFS) it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Sini doesn't have a very strong nurturing nature. Toward anyone.

Just because we haven't heard that either parent abused or neglected their bio daughter it doesn't necessarily mean that she was especially loved and cherished. It's easy to meet a child's basic needs but we really don't know how much affection Sini and Wesley felt toward the little girl. IMO both parents lack insight and appear very selfish. How much room in their hearts do they have to spare for their daughter? I sure don't know.

Plus, on a more pragmatic note, if the girl is going to be adopted by maternal family then what stops Sini from being involved in her life once she gets out of prison - assuming she is even convicted?

All MOO.

One can only hope the family sees what a heartless ***** she is like everyone else does.

Bolded: That has been my worst fear after hearing maternal family was taking the bio daughter. I understand that it is potentially a better situation for her than foster care but down the road I see Sini being right back in her life.

I have a feeling that by the time Sini gets out of prison, her little girl will be an adult (older than 18).

I have a feeling that by the time Sini gets out of prison, her little girl will be an adult (older than 18).

I think that will depend on what can be proven at Trial. So far she is effectively charged with Child endangerment/Neglect because that was evidence LE were able to prove. The rest of it i'm not so sure about?

I think that will depend on what can be proven at Trial. So far she is effectively charged with Child endangerment/Neglect because that was evidence LE were able to prove. The rest of it i'm not so sure about?

What if Sherin was already deceased when they went out for dinner because Wesley had killed her? That would mean Sini didn't endanger her by leaving her at home alone so there goes that charge.

What if Sherin was already deceased when they went out for dinner because Wesley had killed her? That would mean Sini didn't endanger her by leaving her at home alone so there goes that charge.

Yes definitely if that is proven.

It would be easy enough. The adoptive family pays a visit to India with the daughter; Sini travels to India separately after she has done her time; they start over again in India.... unless of course part of the adoption agreement is that they can't take bio daughter out of the country.

BBM
I worry about that as well; just starting over together in India (or even somewhere else) Is it possible to put that sort of travel restriction into the adoption agreement? Has it been done successfully before? It would no doubt help ensure Sini doesn't just take her and begin right where they left off as if nothing (like a murder!) happened.

There is still the reality that Sini knew about ongoing abuse (prior fractures) and did nothing to protect Sherin. CPS may be able to hide behind not knowing who did what. But Sini knew that either she was the one abusing Sherin, or Wesley was. Either way she is responsible for way more than leaving her untended when the family went to dinner. Leaving her while they went to dinner was easy to substantiate and enough to make an arrest. They have a good bit more to bring to trial, as we saw from the custody hearing.

MOO, thinking about the horrific abuse Sini committed on Sherin and the indifference she showed when Sherin went missing (asking about attending a baby shower FFS) it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Sini doesn't have a very strong nurturing nature. Toward anyone.

Just because we haven't heard that either parent abused or neglected their bio daughter it doesn't necessarily mean that she was especially loved and cherished. It's easy to meet a child's basic needs but we really don't know how much affection Sini and Wesley felt toward the little girl. IMO both parents lack insight and appear very selfish. How much room in their hearts do they have to spare for their daughter? I sure don't know.

Plus, on a more pragmatic note, if the girl is going to be adopted by maternal family then what stops Sini from being involved in her life once she gets out of prison - assuming she is even convicted?

All MOO.

I would imagine that a condition of probation might be that she have no contact with children. That could add several more years of protection.

I would imagine that a condition of probation might be that she have no contact with children. That could add several more years of protection.

True. Msm reported that the Mathewses may eventually be able to have supervised visits with the little girl but didn't specifically address how prison and/or probation would affect that.

I was thinking more along the lines of Sini having access to the girl regardless of any court order. IOW, how stringently would her relatives adhere to court-ordered restrictions? We see women ignore the law all the time when they move abusive men back into their homes after a court forbids them living with their minor kids.

Well, as my late mother-in-law used to say, "Don't borrow trouble" so I'll wait and see how Sini's case unfolds. Like Rocco said she could be in prison until her daughter becomes an adult.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...Parental-Rights-to-Other-Child-471284974.html

That would also mean she was not “asleep” when Sherin was killed, though. I wouldn’t think she’d want to go down that road.

I wonder if, during the hour that Wesley was gone, if something/anything Sini was doing at the home that could be used to prove she was at least awake if she was "clever enough" to not use her phone. Lights inside going on or off from neighboring video? Spikes in electrical usage? Netflix or Hulu or something streaming on the TV? Can't really think of anything else, I'm bad at this stuff......

I don't post much on this thread, but I am of a mind that Sini is as guilty as Wesley if not more so. That has been my opinion from the beginning.

That being said, if Sini is the kind of woman I have suspected she is from day 1, why would she post bond?

1. She cannot see her spouse or bio daughter.
2. Someone cooks every meal for her.
3. Someone else cleans for her.
4. Her health and welfare is provided by the state (or city).
5. She has no responsibility to anyone but herself.

Why would she want to leave all of that?
I apsolutely agree. IMO she did it, he hid it.

Who would ever think that LE would accept "choking on milk" as a defense.

Hello. New poster here, I usually just lurk. Feeling a bit lonely today so felt like posting. I'm British but emigrated to the USA 3 months ago, am living in Austin. I came across a picture of Sherin's grave online a couple of days ago. Sherin's epitaph - 'a moment in our arms, a lifetime in our hearts' was apparently written by Wesley Mathews. This world just makes me sick sometimes. :(

To the poster Stunned - you say a few posts above ''she did it, he hid it''. May I respectfully ask why you think this, please? (I'm not saying I disagree; I don't know). But all I've read on MSM says that Wesley is the one that is charged with murder, so the police must have some evidence it was him? Just wondering why there's so much gunning for the mother? I'm not being confrontational here, just genuinely interested/intrigued. :)

To the poster Stunned - you say a few posts above ''she did it, he hid it''. May I respectfully ask why you think this, please? (I'm not saying I disagree; I don't know). But all I've read on MSM says that Wesley is the one that is charged with murder, so the police must have some evidence it was him? Just wondering why there's so much gunning for the mother? I'm not being confrontational here, just genuinely interested/intrigued. :)

Just a feeling I’ve had after watching the adoption video. IMO Dad seemed delighted, Mom......not so much.

Just a feeling I’ve had after watching the adoption video. IMO Dad seemed delighted, Mom......not so much.

I just rewatched it, uncomfortable weird, it makes the inside of my head itch...

Her reactions to the baby seem superficial and shallow, seems to be smiling in a fake way and the ''right'' times needed to pass for looking socially acceptable.

Although to be honest I get weird vibes from the father as well, errr... let's just say it really wouldn't surprise me if his attraction to the child was sexual attraction. IMO.

Just that poor little girl is all I can think now, talk about from the frying pan into the fire. So depressing.

I just rewatched it, uncomfortable weird, it makes the inside of my head itch...

Her reactions to the baby seem superficial and shallow, seems to be smiling in a fake way and the ''right'' times needed to pass for looking socially acceptable.

Although to be honest I get weird vibes from the father as well, errr... let's just say it really wouldn't surprise me if his attraction to the child was sexual attraction. IMO.

Just that poor little girl is all I really think now, talk about from the frying pan into the fire. So depressing.
I get what you are saying. Was Mom jealous? I think maybe. No way this was going on in the home without her knowing. She made her choices known when she walked out that door to go to dinner without Sherin. Who may or may not have been alive at the time.

I get what you are saying. Was Mom jealous? I think maybe. No way this was going on in the home without her knowing. She made her choices known when she walked out that door to go to dinner without Sherin. Who may or may not have been alive at the time.

Yes. Jealousy is a good point, I hadn't even thought of that.

You didn't ask me, but I will tell you why I have felt she is guilty. Wesley's story has not made sense from day 1. The "I put her outside as punishment" is almost an insult to anyone's intelligence. It doesn't make any sense what-so-ever. When I read comments online or on TV, everyone spoke about what a good Dad he was. Good Dad's don't murder their children. They also said he was so happy when they adopted Sherin. There were not a lot of comments about Sini being a great Mom. (Please don't make me find links! I read it in different places!) I see Sini as the dominate partner here. (All just my opinion). People who knew them would comment about how much Wesley loved his family.

So let's think about this! Most women turn into Mama Bears if someone is hurting their child. We know Sini took Sherin to the doctor and according to testimony was put out with the doctor and how long the appointment was taking. (Or something trivial IIRC) We know Sherin had multiple broken bones and was being abused. I just feel like Sini was the one abusing her because she was so indifferent to the physician. If Wesley was the abuser, most Mother's would be worried, sad, apologetic, whatever they needed to do to help their child. Sini did none of this according to the CPS report.

Was Wesley aware of what was going on? Did Sini lie to Wesley about how she hurt herself? Was he afraid of Sini? Was she afraid of him? I don't see fear in Sini. I see defiance. And I see something different in Wesley's eyes. I see sadness and affection for Sini. She just doesn't portray that image to me.

If he loved his family as much as people have said, I think most men would do anything for the woman they loved. And I feel that includes taking the blame for something they didn't do to keep their loved one out of trouble. I think eventually we may see Wesley crack.

This is my opinion only, but I think Sini is the main abuser, killed Sherin and Wesley is covering for her. They made a pact in the wee hours before they called 911. They got the story straight and if we both stick to it, they cannot make us say different. I may be way off base here and will admit it if we ever find out otherwise. And then again we may never know what really happened in that horrible place. Maybe someday the other child will remember something and talk.....if she hasn't already. I hope they end up trying them both together myself. We will probably learn a lot when they go on trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back