CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think LT was a manipulative and rebellious kid. When DT proposed and said he would give her everything she ever wanted if she married him, she took him at his word. He owed her.
I think she had an entitled, selfish and lazy mindset, as well as a vision of herself as a beauty queen.
That's what I think too! Kinda nutty imo! :noooo::noooo::noooo::laughcry::gasp:

This is a photograph of someone’s photo album. Who is sharing their photo album with Telemundo?
Were these taken from the house? So perhaps someone in the LE office was paid off to leak some photos.

Were these taken from the house? So perhaps someone in the LE office was paid off to leak some photos.

I think the photo album comes most likely from one of LT's siblings. But it could be an album seized by L.E. via a search warrant. Very interesting.

For the record:

I will never ever believe that this man was some sort of deferential accomplice. He was aggressive enough to commit sexual predation against one of his daughters on record. In fundie or hyper religious circles , the amount of children a woman bears, is a testament to the man and the man only. And I believe that is what occurred here. This is also indicative of fundamentalist religious views (Christian and otherwise) of women as objects. Things. Things used to give birth and things used for sexual drives, regardless of age.

From the day he signed her out of school and her parents failed to protect her, the beginning of this tragedy was written. DT's family has done NOTHING but rush to excuse him, state that he had so many children because "God called on him", refer to them as a respectable family, and disbelieve the survivors regarding statements of torture and abuse. Despite the fact that DT's relatives actually laid eyes on these malnourished children and were not alarmed.

Meanwhile, LT's family has been all over TV, referring to child sexual abuse, referring to her as "strange' and some disowning her. The contrast is telling of the male privileged environments they both grew up in. Both of them were from patriarchal religions and backgrounds. She was much younger than he was. She appears way more deluded and inappropriate in her affect than he does. He seems to understand that he is "caught" and going to spend the rest of his life in jail. She is googly eyed and smiling inappropreatly in every photo post arrest. She was the one "confused" as to why LE was at her door. She smirked and spat upon arrest. She is full of untreated early child hood trauma.

I do not recall any stories of LT's relatives spending any facetime with these children in recent times. (Other than the sister that lived with them YEARS ago, before they had the majority of their children ). We know that LT's family facetime contact was dissolved over time.Yet his family was allowed to spend time at DL with the entire family. IMO, This speaks to possible isolation and control of LT by DT from the little information that we have.

I am not excusing her. Just trying to understand and contrast the two from what little we know.

No way was David some sort of cowed bystander.

I will eat my hat before I ever believe that.

:moo:

I can't decide what type of room this picture was taken in. Looks like a vacuum in the corner, blank walls, a counter in the other. Perhaps a garage maybe? Also the series of Private School Affidavits on the California Department of Education over the years show a 'high school graduation' almost every year.

I think that they are in a hotel. It looks to be 2007. At that time, if it was a h.s. grad party, I'd think that it would be S#2. He'd have been 16 then.

I’m that new video (Spanish one) there is a photo where LT looks sick. Very thin and gaunt, bags under her eyes. She’s sitting at a table looking at the camera. IMO it looks like it might have been the time her Louise Robinette Facebook profile pic was taken.

I wonder if she has had an eating disorder? And if this plays into why she didn’t feed her children?

That pic stood out for me also. I thought along the same lines! Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record:

I will never ever believe that this man was some sort of deferential accomplice.

Both of them were from patriarchal religions and backgrounds. She was much younger than he was. She appears way more deluded and inappropriate in her affect than he does. He seems to understand that he is "caught" and going to spend the rest of his life in jail. She is googly eyed and smiling inappropreatly in every photo post arrest. She was the one "confused" as to why LE was at her door. She smirked and spat upon arrest.

I am not excusing her. Just trying to understand and contrast the two from what little we know.

No way was David some sort of cowed bystander.

I will eat my hat before I ever believe that.

:aktion: Great post, I agree 1000%

For the photo on the left, if we are to assume this is 2007, one child is missing. I only count 11 children when I would expect 12. But maybe this is before 2007 and the person in the cap and gown is not the oldest child, but someone else who is a different relative and not a child. I'm a little confused by this. The one being held looks around 2 ish to me. If anyone has some ideas on who is missing and when they think this photo was taken, that would be great.
I think the oldest girl is missing. I say that because there are 2 girls, #11 and #12 smaller than the youngest boy and those 2 are in the picture with the gap and gown, LT holding #12. Another possibility is if one of the middle girls is missing, possibly the girl in the orange T in the 2nd picture.
This picture shows that there were years they subscribed to fundamentalism "no pants for girls".

IMO......the female is no victim.

I do, after running across some info today, even more strongly now, believe, that she and the sisters, were victims of abuse as children. I wasn't sleuthing the extended family, but an article I read, while looking for info on the T parents, led me to kinda believe that LT isn't the only sister who has lived like this. I think those girls may have had a rather difficult time as youths. You can tell something is just kinda, well, it's in the eyes. Maybe she saw DT as her savior. The knight in shining armor that would take her way. If they just wanted to split and get married, they could have done that in TN. I can't post the article b/c TOS.

I do not however, see her as a victim, in her marriage to DT. I see them equally at fault. Although I do think that she has some type of mental health issue. That doesn't mean that she doesn't understand right from wrong, or that DT couldn't have sought out help for her.

I think they are both responsible.

But, no, I don't think he was "cowed" by her.

Is that little one dressed in white lace "lingerie" esqe tights?

REALLY?
To be fair those used to be stylish for kids back in the late 80s early 90s... I remember lots of kids at church having them. They just looked like cute patterned tights to me... Again I think context messes with us in this case.

Is that little one dressed in white lace "lingerie" esqe tights?

REALLY?

Theyre just lace. Kind of in style in the late 80's
through part of the 90's.

I do, after running across some info today, even more strongly now, believe, that she and the sisters, were victims of abuse as children. I wasn't sleuthing the extended family, but an article I read, while looking for info on the T parents, led me to kinda believe that LT isn't the only sister who has lived like this. I think those girls may have had a rather difficult time as youths. You can tell something is just kinda, well, it's in the eyes. Maybe she saw DT as her savior. The knight in shining armor that would take her way. If they just wanted to split and get married, they could have done that in TN. I can't post the article b/c TOS.

I do not however, see her as a victim, in her marriage to DT. I see them equally at fault. Although I do think that she has some type of mental health issue. That doesn't mean that she doesn't understand right from wrong, or that DT couldn't have sought out help for her.

I agree with you One Million Percent.

Thank You.

It's important that people realize that to "understand" is not equivalent to "excusing" .

I too believe that LT is an untreated trauma victim raised in a patriarchal religion that she continued to pursue . It's all about "repitition compulsion" for LT.

DT is absolutely the "savior" the "prophet' and the patriarchal ruler. They are both complicit, but his privilege will outweigh hers in their myriad religious circles and the shaping of their psyches.

:moo:

Theyre just lace. Kind of in style in the late 80's
through part of the 90's.

Yeah no.

In my mind, there is such thing as age appropriateness, in general, for all things, from dress to discipline. Especially when it comes to objectifying women and little girls.

I was born in 72, I am a 90s girl.

Not appropriate for a child in this particular context. I see it as sexualizing here.

Maybe not with other parents, but with LT/DT, their secrets, torture, DT's lewd behavior "vs" his their apparent t"conservativeness". I think it is very important to take this in context. It's not innocent. IMO

There's a diploma on the table -
left front corner ...

attachment.php

I've been thinking about this. I know somebody said that they didn't think the oldest was educated at all above grade 3, but these photos combined with #2 going to college combined with the desks found at the Texas house makes me think that they started out with the intention of providing education, at least to some extent. But I just don't see them having the patience needed to spend time to properly teach a student. I also seriously doubt whether LT was able or qualified to determine if a student had properly passed high school requirements. I wonder if often the actual education consisted of sitting quietly at their desks and reading textbooks, or being sent to their rooms to read the textbooks.

I'm sure part of their current evaluation is to find out what the current level of education truly is for each.

This is what is sometimes confusing - we have two differing pictures, even while in Texas. On the one hand we see the oldest graduating high school. On the other hand, we see deplorable conditions that dated back even before the home schooling began.

I'm guessing by the sounds of it, though, that there was little actual education going on, especially the last few years. Conditions had degraded to the point where control and intimidation were the primary factors. How could anybody truly learn under the conditions to which they were subjected? Especially since the conditions also eroded cognitive abilities.

If you go back and look at LT's childhood photos, she and her mother both look very thin, although her father is fatter than John Candy. I'm sure there was something diet-related or food-related going on in LT's raising. Also, in the ABC video, LT's sister talks about how LT and DT treated the children back when the sister lived with them in Texas. I get the impression that, rather than this coming from DT, that LT was parenting the same way she was parented as a child---that the father had to be respected and given special preferencial treatment.

attachment.php

attachment.php
That's not a happy family. Sad kids, sad mom, disturbing.

IMO. DT is absolutely as guilty as LT. They both have separate issues that sadly converged into this travesty. I don't think he is as shrewd or as cunning as LT. He seems more the nerdy book smart type. I'm sure he wanted to be seen as the patriarchal father figure, the one who enforces the rules. LT was LAZY and self absorbed and she didn't want to deal with feeding the children, educating the children or running a household. When faced with the realization of this, he deluded himself into thinking that "her way" was okay. He could have stopped the abuse of those children at any time. He choose not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆