CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what homepoathy is. Using a miniscule amount of substance. Those things listed are not homeopathy. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

From what I just learned, herbs/oils/tea is holistic medicine.
I always thought homeopathy was oils, etc.

ETA: would mixing activated charcoal in a drink be considered homeopathy or holistic medicine?

I think for a woman who has had 13 children, LT looks great. We know she is not thin from doing washing, cleaning, running the kids to activities. Her mother looks skeletal. The only skeletal people I know are long distance runners and total vegans although some vegans are totally fabulously muscular.

LT and DT went out to eat at places not known for their lo cal foods.

Anorexics look in the mirror and see fat when they are near death. Did LT not see the skeleton? I wonder what the children ate for their one meal?

I know men who are into Disney and Vegas along with their wives.

ETA: would mixing activated charcoal in a drink be considered homeopathy or holistic medicine?

Holistic. It is not a diluted substance

I think for a woman who has had 13 children, LT looks great. We know she is not thin from doing washing, cleaning, running the kids to activities. Her mother looks skeletal. The only skeletal people I know are long distance runners and total vegans although some vegans are totally fabulously muscular.

LT and DT went out to eat at places not known for their lo cal foods.

Anorexics look in the mirror and see fat when they are near death. Did LT not see the skeleton? I wonder what the children ate for their one meal?

I know men who are into Disney and Vegas along with their wives.

They probably ate vienna sausages.
IIRC, there were vienna sausage cans littered about one of their houses...possibly the Texas house.

IMO

Because as a society we expect much more of women in parenting roles - well, in most roles, pretty much. They are either the angel or the devil, the virgin Mary or the wh*re. Even as we think of ourselves as modern and forward thinking, even feminists can fall into the trap of blaming the woman more. It's ingrained in us to think this way. It's damaging us as we do so, IMO.

The woman is nearly always blamed more, even if for just "allowing" it to happen. She is supposed to be the nurturing one, the moral one, having those supposedly "feminine" qualities, while also having the strength of superwoman to overcome any man's actions toward her children. Posters will call it "being mama bear," which is the ability to be both nurturing and loving while also having some kind of super human strength (physical and mental) to fight off any danger towards her children.

I find myself "almost" going there in my mind, and the only reason I don't is because of my background in Women's Studies and my amazing literature professors who highlighted the angel/wh*re tropes in literature throughout the ages.

Please don't think that I am criticizing anyone here. It is a hard thing to do to get past how we are indoctrinated from birth on to view the world. We live in a patriarchal world, and even with my specific education that is geared towards recognizing this way of thinking, I have found myself going there before. But at this point, I could write an analysis paper on the propensity of WS posters to take threads in this direction in just about every case.

They are at least equally responsible here in my mind. Both had a responsibility to love and protect their kids and to nurture them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Best post Vmmking, well done for ‘calling’ it here and the Sherin Matthews thread. I think, for the latter, especially, the majority of posters are also mothers and the judgemental expectations of ‘mother’ have added vitriol, alongside all the indoctrination of the overtly patriarchal society.

From a country where the (grieving) Chamberlain parents were accused, tried and convicted. (It was the dingo!) The trial by media and now here, trial by SM is salient. Here, there is no doubt of culpability (though of course currently ‘alleged’), but LTs family’s comments, photos and her actions 16- are easier to latch onto. The much quieter in-laws, his employer and aloofness in photos are much harder to infer anything (nefarious or evil) from. Though I consider both equally responsible in every way.

Activated charcoal is regularly given at ERs for food poisoning and is considered mainstream allopathic (Western) medicine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It truly is. I can't tell you to how many uncomfortable fathers I've had to explain that their preschool age son isn't gay or whatever because he plays with the classroom dolls!

I go with this rule of thumb, accessed today from https://goo.gl/images/Pf2uAD
ac2e3762e8b7d6517cae170c512c1fd0.jpg

:snort:

They probably ate vienna sausages.
IIRC, there were vienna sausage cans littered about one of their houses...possibly the Texas house.

IMO
This makes me so sad, for all the reasons it is sad to all y'all, too. But also because in my family, giving someone a can of Vienna sausages means they're special...stems from a family story decades old. I'm going to choose to still think of them that way and also not tell my siblings and nieces that's maybe all these siblings had :(

It truly is. I can't tell you to how many uncomfortable fathers I've had to explain that their preschool age son isn't gay or whatever because he plays with the classroom dolls!

I go with this rule of thumb, accessed today from https://goo.gl/images/Pf2uAD
ac2e3762e8b7d6517cae170c512c1fd0.jpg

I’ve posted this on my FB a few times. All of my kids have loved dolls, Hot Wheels, shopkins and trains, but there are still so many people who go bat crap crazy about kids playing dress up and heaven forbid someone snaps a photo of a boy in a tiara[emoji849]

(holistic just means treating the whole person, taking all aspects of their life into consideration and viewing the big picture) that's my understanding at least

It depends on where you lived, I imagine. A 16 year old getting married was considered very undesireable where I lived in MN.

Sixteen year olds can marry in almost every state in the Union (some younger), with parental consent. While maybe not in LTs case, I think that marriage certificates, and firstborn birth certificates, can be compared, many times, to see why parental consent was given, or a judge signed off on a youthful marriage, in many cases. There have been folks who have been a bit surprised to find the dates, on their parents actual marriage certs, after going through deceased parents papers.

I’ve posted this on my FB a few times. All of my kids have loved dolls, Hot Wheels, shopkins and trains, but there are still so many people who go bat crap crazy about kids playing dress up and heaven forbid someone snaps a photo of a boy in a tiara[emoji849]

My sister used to play with dinosaurs when she was kid.
My youngest brother has Lego Friends sets.
Our parents never cared what we played with...as long as we were happy!

Activated charcoal is regularly given at ERs for food poisoning and is considered mainstream allopathic (Western) medicine.

Also sold by health food stores to prevent illness

Best post Vmmking, well done for ‘calling’ it here and the Sherin Matthews thread. I think, for the latter, especially, the majority of posters are also mothers and the judgemental expectations of ‘mother’ have added vitriol, alongside all the indoctrination of the overtly patriarchal society.

From a country where the (grieving) Chamberlain parents were accused, tried and convicted. (It was the dingo!) The trial by media and now here, trial by SM is salient. Here, there is no doubt of culpability (though of course currently ‘alleged’), but LTs family’s comments, photos and her actions 16- are easier to latch onto. The much quieter in-laws, his employer and aloofness in photos are much harder to infer anything (nefarious or evil) from. Though I consider both equally responsible in every way.

The term "The Banality of Evil" comes to mind. (DT)

Also sold by health food stores to prevent illness

That's what my mom uses it for.
My stepdad had a stomach flu just before Christmas, so my mom and little brother took activated charcoal right away and they never got any symptoms. She also gave my stepdad some and his symptoms were lessened.

So do you think LE found any herbs, teas or charcoal in the house? I don't.

Possible. But I have been lazy before and taken pictures of old pictures while still in an album and posted them to my own Facebook before. These could have been shared privately among friends on either LT's page or a family member's page, then lifted by a friend and given to the press. My money would be on a friend who is Mexican-American having done this because of where they have been published (seemingly exclusively at this point).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I find the choice of Telemundo to publicize personal family pictures very interesting. Coincidence LT's sister has spanish lastname? Last thing I'd be doing if I was connected to this mess is bring out the family photo album to the media.

What I meant about rickets being reversible is if one of the survivors has been suffering with this for years and has not seen a doctor, that is especially tragic. I should have been clearer. Of course, it is also preventable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77