Head blow vs strangulation

UKGuy said:
rashomon,
Well it does not look small to me. I agree it has been described as an abrasion, but it may also be a post-mortem contusion, with the dark abrasion color being caused by the lack of oxygen in the blood?

WolfmarsGirl has a theory that the stun-gun marks may have been produced by rings, which I assume would be contusions and not abrasions?

UK, we are looking at a the face of a 40 pound 6 year old child. The abrasion you speak of is no bigger than my index finger FINGERNAIL, if that. That is small.

JMO8778 said:
what about into a bathroom cabinet? I haven't noticed what type handles were on there..were they the round kind of knobs,or the long handle kind? could a slam head-first into that produce that kind of head wound?

I don't know where the photos of JonBenet's bathroom are located...could be she was slammed against the cabinet, the towel heater, the toilet, the bathtub...

I believe that JonBenet did get hit over the head in her bathroom which rendered her unconcious. Her death occured in the basement.

Toltec said:
I don't know where the photos of JonBenet's bathroom are located...could be she was slammed against the cabinet, the towel heater, the toilet, the bathtub...

I believe that JonBenet did get hit over the head in her bathroom which rendered her unconcious. Her death occured in the basement.
I think so,too,seeing as her bladder emptied upon death,which was outside the WC.I think the ligature was the final weapon.

Toltec said:
I wonder if she was picked up by her clothes,while in bed, and slammed/thrown headfirst into the bathroom.

JusticeSeekerE said:
I know that there has been some discussion about JB being hit with a flashlight ... so I am just curious ... To me it would make more sense for a parent to hit her with bat or a golf club or a lamp or something handy (if we are looking at rage?). Do we know where the flash light was originally? Seems to me if we are look at some sort of act of rage on either parent's part or even at an accident of some kind we would be looking for some kind of object that would have been handy not something that you would go searching for and then return with. What would a parent be doing walking around their own house with a flashlight anyway? I don't know about you, but I don't need any light to walk around my house at night because I know where everything is, and if I did need some light I wouldn't hunt down a flash light I would simply flip on the light.
she couldnt flip on a light in JB's room..it went to the ceiling fan only.so it makes sense to carry a FL into the room,at least for initial light.she may not have ever turned on a bedroom light,in order for JB to get back to sleep more easily.

JMO8778 said:
I wonder if she was picked up by her clothes,while in bed, and slammed/thrown headfirst into the bathroom.
You really have to be lower than an animal to do something like that. No wonder she won't admit it.

JusticeSeekerE said:
I know that there has been some discussion about JB being hit with a flashlight ... so I am just curious ... To me it would make more sense for a parent to hit her with bat or a golf club or a lamp or something handy (if we are looking at rage?). Do we know where the flash light was originally? Seems to me if we are look at some sort of act of rage on either parent's part or even at an accident of some kind we would be looking for some kind of object that would have been handy not something that you would go searching for and then return with. What would a parent be doing walking around their own house with a flashlight anyway? I don't know about you, but I don't need any light to walk around my house at night because I know where everything is, and if I did need some light I wouldn't hunt down a flash light I would simply flip on the light.

Now, a faucet in the bath tub makes a little more sense to me honestly, but still, with the head injury she substained I believe that John or Patsy would have literally had to have thrown her in the tub. The blow was to the side of her head ... another part of her body would have had to have come into contact with the tub before her head did and there were no other marks on her body in an area that would have hit the tub. Of course, this also holds no water, if she was actually in tub. Then someone could have grabbed her by her hair and forced her into the faucet. But why would she be in tub that late at night or that early in the morning? Had she wet the bed? One thing I do want to know ... I have heard that there was urine in the hallway in front of the wine cellar. Is this true? If so then why would her parents put her urine stained panties and pants back her? If she had wet the bed and was killed in rage then why is there urine in the basement? You would think that after wetting the bed she wouldn't have much urine in her to lose. Also, why didn't the Ramsey's wash the sheets? They managed to get rid of the rope and tape ... and cover everything else up nicely, so with the time they would have had after killing her why didn't they wash the sheets and put them back on and ruffle them up a little? Someone mentioned something about traces of a chemical in healthy urine was found on her sheets ... cannot remember who it was and now that I am looking for that post I cannot find it (the chemical started with a C I think)! Is that chemical similar to DNA or blood? Can it survive the washing machine? As far as hitting her head or being thrown into the sink ... I have to keep in mind her height. If it was the sink, we aren't looking at an accident with Burke. A parent would have had had to have done that. In order to have had full access to the sink on her own she would have had to have a step stool. She wouldn't have been tall enough to have been pushed into the sink she would have had to have been thrown. If this were the case where are the other injuries? When children fall or are thrown they try to catch themselves which leads to other injuries. If she was thrown directly on her head would we not also be looking for a neck injury? I just find it hard to believe that she could have been thrown and have no other injuries.

I agree the flashlight could have been left as an element of staging and may or may not have been used in the actual crime .... If this is the case then they did something with the actual weapon used IMO. I don't think she was thrown. If she was hit with something out of rage they disregarded it or removed along with the access tape and rope.
JusticeSeeker: there was urine on JB's sheets, but by the time the police finally thought of collecting them, the sheets were (already) dry, and since JB was a chronic bedwetter, it it impossible to say if the urine was from that night or from previous accidents.

But you are right, JusticeSeeker: if JB had wet the bed on that fatal night, the Ramseys most likely would have removed the wet sheet fom the bed.
I believe JB never went to bed on that night, but still it is possible that a soiling/wetting accidenct triggered parental rage while the child had not yet gone to bed, for JB wet and soiled herself also during daytime (= when she was not asleep).
Suppose JB, excited from Christmas day, refused to got to bed, Patsy was stressed-out and pressed for time since they had to get up early in the morning for their flight, it was already close to midnight (John and Burke having gone to bed already), and when JB then also wet and soiled herself, Patsy flew off the handle, yanked her around, slamming her against the bathtub, the result being the tragic head injury.

I think the underwear in which JB was finally found was put on her after death, and that the urine which JB shed in this underwear was post-mortem release of which the Ramseys in their panicked frenzy did not even become aware of.

What Dr. Ronald Wright (one of the experts consulted on the case) said about the urine would support the toilet rage theory imo.
For Dr. Wright pointed out that normally, at post-mortem urine release, people's bladders don't empty completely , but only partly. As opposed to that, JB's bladder was completely empty, and Dr. Wright concluded that she must have evacuated her bladder not long before her death. The bladder refills constantly, and by the time JB drew her last breath, the small amount of urine which had collected again was now emptied completely.

JMO8778 said:
she couldnt flip on a light in JB's room..it went to the ceiling fan only.so it makes sense to carry a FL into the room,at least for initial light.she may not have ever turned on a bedroom light,in order for JB to get back to sleep more easily.

Right...the flashlight would have been in Patsy's hands if she did not want to drown the room in bright lights.

We know that LHP changed JonBenet's sheets on the 23d of December. After looking at the crime scene photos...LHP stated that the sheets on JonBenets bed were not the sheets she put on.

I do not believe JonBenet wet the bed on the 24th of December because Patsy told LE that JonBenet did not wet the bed that night. Her pink pajamas were not wet and I believe did not smell of urine.

I believe Patsy changed JonBenet's sheets Christmas night after discovering that she wet the bed on Christmas night..... because of the cords fibers on the sheets.

My belief is that JonBenet was dressed in the large size 12 panties post-mortem because the blood on her vagina did not match the corresponding blood on the panties.

Toltec said:
Right...the flashlight would have been in Patsy's hands if she did not want to drown the room in bright lights.

We know that LHP changed JonBenet's sheets on the 23d of December. After looking at the crime scene photos...LHP stated that the sheets on JonBenets bed were not the sheets she put on.

I do not believe JonBenet wet the bed on the 24th of December because Patsy told LE that JonBenet did not wet the bed that night. Her pink pajamas were not wet and I believe did not smell of urine.

I believe Patsy changed JonBenet's sheets Christmas night after discovering that she wet the bed on Christmas night..... because of the cords fibers on the sheets.

My belief is that JonBenet was dressed in the large size 12 panties post-mortem because the blood on her vagina did not match the corresponding blood on the panties.

What blood is this?

Toltec said:

But the sheets which the police collected from JB's bed did have urine on them. The urine was dry (by the time the police finally thought of collecting the sheets, even fresh urine would have dried - also JB was a chronic bedwetter), but if Patsy changed JB's sheets Christmas night, no urine would have been found on them. I don't believe JB ever went to bed on that night.
To me, JB's bed does not look as if anyone had slept in it that night.

rashomon said:
But the sheets which the police collected from JB's bed did have urine on them. The urine was dry (by the time the police finally thought of collecting the sheets, even fresh urine would have dried - also JB was a chronic bedwetter), but if Patsy changed JB's sheets Christmas night, no urine would have been found on them. I don't believe JB ever went to bed on that night.
To me, JB's bed does not look as if anyone had slept in it that night.

You are right...JonBenet's bed does not look like she slept in it. Perhaps the sheets were changed Christmas eve. LHP changed JonBenet's sheets on the 23d of December...JonBenet wets them that night...wakes up Christmas eve...Patsy washes her sheets and blanket and puts fresh sheets on her bed.

This is what I believed happened: Linda Hoffman Pugh changes JonBenet's sheets on the 23d of December. The crime scene photos shown to LHP verify that the sheets are not the same ones she placed on JB's bed.

Were they changed Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

My guess is Christmas Eve because JonBenet woke up wet....

JonBenet removes her wet panties and pink Barbie nightgown....

Patsy places JonBenet's sheets, white blanket, wet panties and pink Barbie nightgown in the washer. After they are washed, she places the items in the dryer. She then places fresh sheets on JonBenet's bed....

Patsy then bathes JonBenet. They go about their business Christmas Eve....

JonBenet goes to bed wearing her pink pajama top and bottom....

JonBenet wakes up Christmas morning, goes downstairs to open her gifts. She is photographed by John that morning...

JonBenet changes into her play clothes...

JonBenet gets ready for the Whites..she dresses up in her Gap outfit....

NO BATH CHRISTMAS DAY....because she did not wet the bed Christmas Eve night.

After the murder of JonBenet, she is placed in the wine cellar wrapped in her white blanket. Patsy does not notice the pink barbie nightgown that was stuck on the blanket due to static cling.

It makes sense that the blanket was retrieved from the dryer Christmas night. The blanket and sheet and nightgown were still in the dryer from the morning before. What intruder would think to look for a blanket in the dryer?

You are right...JonBenet's bed does not look like she slept in it. Perhaps the sheets were changed Christmas eve. LHP changed JonBenet's sheets on the 23d of December...JonBenet wets them that night...wakes up Christmas eve...Patsy washes her sheets and blanket and puts fresh sheets on her bed.

This is what I believed happened: Linda Hoffman Pugh changes JonBenet's sheets on the 23d of December. The crime scene photos shown to LHP verify that the sheets are not the same ones she placed on JB's bed.

Patsy places JonBenet's sheets, white blanket, wet panties and pink Barbie nightgown in the washer. After they are washed, she places the items in the dryer. She then places fresh sheets on JonBenet's bed....

JonBenet wakes up Christmas morning, goes downstairs to open her gifts. She is photographed by John that morning...

After the murder of JonBenet, she is placed in the wine cellar wrapped in her white blanket. Patsy does not notice the pink barbie nightgown that was stuck on the blanket due to static cling.

It makes sense that the blanket was retrieved from the dryer Christmas night. The blanket and sheet and nightgown were still in the dryer from the morning before. What intruder would think to look for a blanket in the dryer?

Toltec,
Applying the kiss principle, JonBenet's bed did not look slept in precisely because she never reached it.

She was killed shortly after snacking pineapple, also information not released so far, but important, is were JonBenet's fingerprints on the spoon lying in the bowl?

Possibly because she shared someone elses bed that night, as she may have done the night she was killed?

Could you expand upon this, are you saying she was wrapped in the blankets before being taken down to the basement, or while she was actually down there?

Patsy does not notice the pink barbie nightgown that was stuck on the blanket due to static cling.
Her pink barbie nightgown is like the pineapple its a give away, it was not clinging to the blankets it was lying on the floor close by but separate. You do not fake a crime-scene then leave a barbie gown lying about, its just as easy to remove it when leaving, just as allegedlly other items were removed.

Toltec,
Applying the kiss principle, JonBenet's bed did not look slept in precisely because she never reached it.

She was killed shortly after snacking pineapple, also information not released so far, but important, is were JonBenet's fingerprints on the spoon lying in the bowl?

Possibly because she shared someone elses bed that night, as she may have done the night she was killed?

Could you expand upon this, are you saying she was wrapped in the blankets before being taken down to the basement, or while she was actually down there?

Her pink barbie nightgown is like the pineapple its a give away, it was not clinging to the blankets it was lying on the floor close by but separate. You do not fake a crime-scene then leave a barbie gown lying about, its just as easy to remove it when leaving, just as allegedlly other items were removed.

UK, I think you might be right about her never reaching her bed. But, do you think there was any altercation in her bathroom at all. There were hair ties all over the place, am I right??? And the rolled up turtleneck (which could have been there from earlier in the day. It does appear that there was some sort of altercation in that bathroom. What do you thing?

UK, I think you might be right about her never reaching her bed. But, do you think there was any altercation in her bathroom at all. There were hair ties all over the place, am I right??? And the rolled up turtleneck (which could have been there from earlier in the day. It does appear that there was some sort of altercation in that bathroom. What do you thing?

Solace,

There may have been, alternatively the scattering of hair-ties may simply represent an accident during the process of revising JonBenet's staging, bear in mind, most people doubt JonBenet went to the White's wearing assymetric ponytails, never mind any at all, and Patsy stated that JonBenet was placed directly to bed with only her velvet pants being changed, so her hair-ties may be like the pineapple and barbie-nightgown evidence of fabrication by the Ramsey's?

Solace,

There may have been, alternatively the scattering of hair-ties may simply represent an accident during the process of revising JonBenet's staging, bear in mind, most people doubt JonBenet went to the White's wearing assymetric ponytails, never mind any at all, and Patsy stated that JonBenet was placed directly to bed with only her velvet pants being changed, so her hair-ties may be like the pineapple and barbie-nightgown evidence of fabrication by the Ramsey's?

I cannot believe that no pictures were taken at the White's that night. What do you think about that?

I cannot believe that no pictures were taken at the White's that night. What do you think about that?

Solace,

Of course there were photos, and Steve Thomas has seen them and compared JonBenet as seen at the party and her postmortem status, so he knows whether she was wearing ponytails or not. I suspect not!

Solace,

Of course there were photos, and Steve Thomas has seen them and compared JonBenet as seen at the party and her postmortem status, so he knows whether she was wearing ponytails or not. I suspect not!

You would think by now someone would have something. I mean you cannot even find an interview anymore on the internet. The two interviews of Patsy and John on CourtTV cannot be accessed. You can find nothing if it portrays them in a bad light.

But why did the sheets which were collected from JB's bed have urine on them?

But why did the sheets which were collected from JB's bed have urine on them?

She wet the bed again. She is going to wet it one night and not the next, possible, not likely though. And Linda said the washer was going every morning when she arrived - sheets being washed. They just never washed the sheets the next morning because she had been killed the night before. She wet that bed.

Please do not assume that I am assuming that of course she wet the bed every night. I am not, but as of late, she had been. There was urine on the sheets. She wet the bed. That is it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01
Back