Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEPTEMBER 18 2014
Sergeant John King from the police rescue squad told a briefing on Thursday morning that vehicles would travel into mountainous regions to look for evidence such as rubbish discarded from cars.
"We are moving to a more evidence-based search," he said.
"Something may have been discarded from a car."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/search-fo...ave-been-taken-to-by-car-20140918-10iiwn.html

15 September 2014
Superintendent Paul Fehon said the State Emergency Service's volunteers will walk the forest's trails as they search for part of a vehicle that may have become detached.
Teams of emergency services began the first of a two-day search of roadsides ‘‘in case something has been thrown’’, said NSW Police Rescue Sergeant John King.
‘‘It will be a sweep search of the side of the road,’’ he told volunteers at a briefing in Kendall on Thursday.
Police have asked anyone who knows a person or car that was using Benaroo Drive or in Kendall on Friday to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/...-missing-william-tyrell-audio-photos/?cs=2452

A couple of early articles.
I don't recall if it was ever said anything was found.

But the bolded line is interesting in hindsight. Given it was a long time before we heard about the cars fm saw across the road.
imo
is there more info referring to looking for car parts or is it an assumption from the quote above?
because to me that sentence
could imply something inside the car rather than something belonging to the car.
I wonder if william has a missing toy??
was eating a biscuit ...drinking a popper drink ....etc
might be that very obvious link that is being withheld from public consumption :thinking:

All vehicles available to BS would have been searched for DNA would they not.

is there more info referring to looking for car parts or is it an assumption from the quote above?
because to me that sentence
could imply something inside the car rather than something belonging to the car.
I wonder if william has a missing toy??
was eating a biscuit ...drinking a popper drink ....etc
might be that very obvious link that is being withheld from public consumption :thinking:

15 September 2014
Superintendent Paul Fehon said the State Emergency Service's volunteers will walk the forest's trails as they search for part of a vehicle that may have become detached.
Teams of emergency services began the first of a two-day search of roadsides ‘‘in case something has been thrown’’, said NSW Police Rescue Sergeant John King.
‘‘It will be a sweep search of the side of the road,’’ he told volunteers at a briefing in Kendall on Thursday.
Police have asked anyone who knows a person or car that was using Benaroo Drive or in Kendall on Friday to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/2...hotos/?cs=2452

He went down the hill next door imo. Wouldn't cross a road .almost like he was correlled in that direction by someone wary of that person.hence no car heard .He may have frozen in fear.

Maybe they were searching for a washing machine part that may have been discarded from a vehicle?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sadly, I agree with kiwi.

I think William’s disappearance is more likely to become one of those cases of missing children that remains unsolved for decades, if they are solved at all.

Sometimes, we have to accept our limitations and the lessons we learn from our experiences in this life in order to become more self-aware and not have the same experiences in the next.

Not all battles are ours to fight.

I won't give up . Sleuthing helps because suggestions from others open one's mind. Twig a memory .Put that face one has seen in its rightful place.Seeing what Dutch Treat wrote some years ago made me convinced i was right about the belanglo angel being the mother.

But if William is found alive, personally, it’s worth it. Best develop a great deal more commonsense moving forward if at all *sips tea*

I think he's alive. You might enjoy a trip to Hepburn Springs.

I went back and looked at Morrisa's link to the trial, from yesterday or the day before, and that link now says .....

51u7m8.jpg

I notice that your link says the judge has not been selected yet. Will he still pull Judge Helen Syme? She dealt with the mention today ... hopefully she will still be presiding over the trial. She sounds perfect for this kind of trial.

A ploy to avoid having her perhaps? She has a great track record.

A ploy to avoid having her perhaps? She has a great track record.

That was exactly my thought, too.

I thought perhaps his lawyer had 'created' a reason for a mention. Spedding is feeling a bit ill at the moment, they didn't yet have a piece of information they needed, some other thing. His lawyer would be aware of Judge Helen Syme's great track record in these types of cases. Her large experience. And the more severe sentences she imposes, if the defendant is found guilty.

I'm sure she is aware of avoidance tactics. Hopefully, her calendar allows for any changes.

All vehicles available to BS would have been searched for DNA would they not.

Daniel's killer Brett Cowan's vehicle was searched and turned up nothing. Despite the fact Daniel had been in the front seat and later his body was placed in the back to move him.

Initially the results of the vehicle search were not even followed up for 8 years due to the laborious nature of forensic testing at the time of Daniels disappearance

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-...rder-evidence-ignored-for-eight-years/8122904

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daniel's killer Brett Cowan's vehicle was searched and turned up nothing. Despite the fact Daniel had been in the front seat and later his body was placed in the back to move him.

Initially the results of the vehicle search were not even followed up for 8 years due to the laborious nature of forensic testing at the time of Daniels disappearance

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-...rder-evidence-ignored-for-eight-years/8122904

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, Spedding's vehicles were not impounded until 4 months after William's disappearance, when his properties were all searched. Perhaps because they needed reasonable cause to do that. Plenty of time for a good cleaning.

An initial search may have been authorised by the vehicle's owner, and that is when the police may have questioned a missing/broken car part.

During the raids on Spedding’s pawnbroking business, police took away items including *computers and a mattress. For two days they also searched his house at Bonny Hills, a short drive from Kendall, where they pumped out a septic tank and ferreted beneath the house. Three vehicles belonging to Spedding were taken away for forensic examination.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

Also, Spedding's vehicles were not impounded until 4 months after William's disappearance, when his properties were all searched. Perhaps because they needed reasonable cause to do that. Plenty of time for a good cleaning.

An initial search may have been authorised by the vehicle's owner, and that is when the police may have questioned a missing/broken car part.

During the raids on Spedding’s pawnbroking business, police took away items including *computers and a mattress. For two days they also searched his house at Bonny Hills, a short drive from Kendall, where they pumped out a septic tank and ferreted beneath the house. Three vehicles belonging to Spedding were taken away for forensic examination.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

It is a little strange considering how quickly they knew he had a past and had been to the house that it took so long to do a proper search of his vehicles. I do feel there were some issues with the initial investigation.

It is a little strange considering how quickly they knew he had a past and had been to the house that it took so long to do a proper search of his vehicles. I do feel there were some issues with the initial investigation.

I re-read in an article recently, many locals were saying that he would never do such a thing, etc etc. Perhaps once the 'outsiders' were brought in to take over and run the investigation, things changed. Did things change when the previous guy retired?

I re-read in an article recently, many locals were saying that he would never do such a thing, etc etc. Perhaps once the 'outsiders' were brought in to take over and run the investigation, things changed. Did things change when the previous guy retired?

That's my understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member