UNSOLVED UK - London, woman pushed into path of bus, 5 May 2017

Alyce, thanks very much. This is so strange. I have not been able to find any other incidents of joggers pushing people into traffic. I suppose if it happened again we would know it's a public safety issue and not targeted.

TBH I find it odd that the victim has not thanked the bus driver who saved her life, or at the very least saved her from being severely injured. If she wants to stay anonymous (fair enough) she could have police relay a thank you note to him, at least. jmo

Police have released a new CCTV image of a jogger who appeared to push a woman into the path of a bus.

The new image of the jogger was captured on the Number 430 bus which narrowly avoided her.

He is described as a white man, aged in his 30s, with brown eyes and short brown hair

Det Sgt Chris Griffith appealed for anyone who provided officers with a name of the potential suspect to contact police again "so we can fully follow up those lines of enquiry".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41253483

Good side view and better image of his face
To me he looks older than 30s

Putney Jogger.jpg

Oops, sorry Jessie, didnt see your post before I did mine....

what do you think of the new image ?

New article in the Mail also

The fresh CCTV photograph was taken from the 430 bus that had to swerve to avoid his victim

He appears to be running outside a food and wine store on the north London end of Putney Bridge - and is wearing quite distinctive blue shorts, with a green trim.

Oliver Salbris, 45, managed to steer his double-decker London bus away from the 33-year-old

Speaking for the first time about the attack, Mr Salbris said the jogger had singled out the woman.
Asked if the push was intentional, he said: 'Yes – unless he's a blind jogger.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...se-new-image-Putney-pusher.html#ixzz4sYVW5tK8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I can't believe he's still not being identified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops, sorry Jessie, didnt see your post before I did mine....

what do you think of the new image ?

Glad you could put up the new image Alyce, I'm not good at images !

I think this is a clearer/better view of the man, looks mid-30's early 40's in age to me ?

Not sure if I'm reading between the lines (as usual) but :-
Det Sgt Chris Griffith appealed for anyone who provided officers with a name of the potential suspect to contact police again "so we can fully follow up those lines of enquiry".
makes me wonder if they dismissed any other suspects once they had made that first - wrong - arrest ? Not good if that has happened.

Glad you could put up the new image Alyce, I'm not good at images !

I think this is a clearer/better view of the man, looks mid-30's early 40's in age to me ?

Not sure if I'm reading between the lines (as usual) but :-
makes me wonder if they dismissed any other suspects once they had made that first - wrong - arrest ? Not good if that has happened.

Can't be Eric, he has an iron clad alibi

Looks like this guy has fat eyebrows. Are the 2 cctv images taken from the same bus?

OT- just want to highlight that WebSleuths is in dire need of donations if you can spare a few dollars. Latest announcement from Tricia here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/announcement.php?a=310

Thanks Whiskers16 -- Just to let our UK members know that $10 = £7.50p. $5.00 = approx £3.75.
as differing currencies can be confusing. Not had any bad experiences myself on exchange rates through Paypal or , if that helps.

[bbm]

definitely this IMO

Such a strange case! Was it targeted? (hired) or was it a narcissistic or impulse control thing?

Clearly the woman was staying to the side and giving him plenty of room to jog past her.

Bump

'Putney pusher' case unlikely to be solved, say former detectives

Three months after the incident, which took place at 7.40am on May 5, the Metropolitan Police launched an appeal for information regarding the identity of the middle-aged man. Since then, three men have been arrested but quickly released without charge.

Colin Sutton, a retired detective chief inspector who solved some of the Met's most notorious crimes, said that such cases reached a point when there was little else that could be done with limited money and resources.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/24/putney-pusher-case-unlikely-solved-say-former-detectives/

Thanks for that link, interesting article.
There are four CCTV stills shown in that article, and I don't think that fourth one has been shown before? Maybe I've missed it.
Looks like the jogger is in a residential area in that one so suppose they tracked his route backwards/forwards for some distance.
Very strange he hasn't been identified.

Very strange he hasn't been identified.

I think it very likely that someone has identified him but has chosen to keep quiet about it, especially if he and that person are well-connected.

It was mentioned in the article that the police think he might be foreign, which is not at all impossible considering how internationally mobile middle and senior people are in the banking, legal and other finance sector are. He could well have been a visiting businessman or someone temporarily seconded to the London office of an international law firm or bank and then either left at the end of his visit or managed to get a quick transfer out of the UK by his employer. Or simply a foreigner who returned to his own country or got on a plane to somewhere else.

It makes you wonder if he's done this, or something very similar, before elsewhere.

I think it very likely that someone has identified him but has chosen to keep quiet about it, especially if he and that person are well-connected

It makes you wonder if he's done this, or something very similar, before elsewhere.

A very worrying thought BBM. Such a belligerent act, and apparently without any care for the other person. IMO someone with no conscience at all.

[/B][/B]

A very worrying thought BBM. Such a belligerent act, and apparently without any care for the other person. IMO someone with no conscience at all.

This man has all the signs of being sociopath. I bet he is abusive to his partner and generally unpleasant. I wish someone had been able to restrain him and call the police but I can understand not wanting to put yourself in physical danger by doing this.

Update?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat