AZ - Helicopter crash at Grand Canyon - 3 dead, 4 injured - 10 Feb 2018

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Rescuers try to reach survivors of horrific Grand Canyon helicopter crash as three people are killed and four are injured when tour ends in tragedy

Three people have been killed and four more injured after a tour helicopter crashed near the Grand Canyon.

A Eurocopter EC130 crashed in 'unknown circumstances' at around 5.30pm around 60 miles northwest of Peach Springs, Arizona.

The helicopter had seven people on board when it crashed on the Hualapai Nation reservation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ple-killed-Grand-Canyon-helicopter-crash.html

From your link:

"Authorities said the four were level one trauma patients, meaning they had critical, life-threatening injuries."

Praying for the survivors. My son and grandson took a helicopter tour of the canyon a while back. Makes a body thankful it wasn't them and yet, it was other peoples' loved ones. So sad.

Witness describes seeing survivor walk out of flames from Grand Canyon helicopter crash that killed 3

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-injured-helicopter-crash-grand-canyon/story?id=52992784

As investigators tried to figure out what caused the crash of the Papillon aerial-touring company helicopter -- which was carrying a pilot and six tourists from the United Kingdom -- a witness described to ABC News watching in disbelief as one of the survivors walked out of the flames.

Witness Lionel Douglass, who was attending a wedding on a bluff about 1,000 yards away from where the helicopter crashed and exploded, said the scene reminded him of the biblical story of when Jesus rescued Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego from a fiery furnace they were cast into by King Nebuchadnezzar.

Family IDs British tourists killed in Grand Canyon helicopter crash

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-grand-canyon-helicopter-crash-20180212-story.html

"Three British people who died in a helicopter crash at the Grand Canyon were in the American Southwest to celebrate one of their birthdays, a trip they had been looking forward to for a long time, family and friends said.

They were identified early Monday as veterinary receptionist Becky Dobson, 27; her boyfriend, Stuart Hill, 30; and his brother, Jason Hill, 32. Dobson's father, Peter Dobson, told Britain's Press Association news agency that the three were staying in Las Vegas for a long weekend."

oh no
so sad
that helicopter tour is something I've long wanted to do as well

I've seen a report that suggests the helicopter shouldn't have taken off due to the strong winds in the area. The winds were strong enough to hamper the rescue efforts so maybe there's something in the claim.

This is a horrific tragedy. I can’t imagine surviving this and then having to wait nine agonising hours more to be rescued. Hopefully a review is done to try and learn from this horrendous event.

I hate helicopters if something goes terribly wrong you don’t have a great chance of survival.

Huh, I wonder why it took so long for a rescue.

Huh, I wonder why it took so long for a rescue.

According to reports, it was due to the inaccessibility of the area of the crash and the high winds in the area which hampered rescue efforts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back