GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has DeKalb PD ever said that they think that she didn’t go missing voluntarily? This was the only video I recall with a police spokesman on camera and he seemed to indicate that they still weren’t sure either way. And, this was after her car was found abandoned. http://www.11alive.com/mobile/artic...rgia/woman-vanishes-car-found-empty/476644040

Most of what I’ve seen in the way of public comment has come from the parents on social media. To date, they’ve hired their own PIs, a psychic and SAR dog pro. Perhaps this is the way it is in big cities and if no one is asking questions, police aren’t taking time to circle back and inform the public or ask for help. Maybe they’re too busy hunting leads. Or maybe not all LE agencies are equal and this one hasn’t done the best job.

Since we have no way to be certain which it is, it would be nice to hear an official update from them. Someone should ask for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenna's cat died.[emoji22]
It was 22!!!

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I saw that posted on facebook. How sad. I also get the impression from the wording in the post, saying(not exact word for word) that someone was at the apartment and knows what happened, that the family thinks she was harmed there. Does anyone else get that impression?

I saw that posted on facebook. How sad. I also get the impression from the wording in the post, saying(not exact word for word) that someone was at the apartment and knows what happened, that the family thinks she was harmed there. Does anyone else get that impression?

No, I don't. My interpretation is that there are people she hang out with or (were there that night) at the apartment (according to the podcast she met some friends that night in her own apartment) who have more information then they tell.

It seems like the sketchy roommate should know something! I’m still shocked LE didn’t have some serious concern about the apartment situation after their first encounter with the roommate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree the roommates behavior was suspicious...... but perhaps the roommate wasn't there that night and can prove his whereabouts. As for Jenna's "friends", I believe someone said she left the apartment ~11 to go back to her parents house. I would hope LE knows who was at the apartment with Jenna Friday night but we don't know that for sure. It's a mystery why they (friends) won't talk..... are they protecting someone, afraid of retaliation, or perhaps worried about incriminating themselves?

I agree the roommates behavior was suspicious...... but perhaps the roommate wasn't there that night and can prove his whereabouts. As for Jenna's "friends", I believe someone said she left the apartment ~11 to go back to her parents house. I would hope LE knows who was at the apartment with Jenna Friday night but we don't know that for sure. It's a mystery why they (friends) won't talk..... are they protecting someone, afraid of retaliation, or perhaps worried about incriminating themselves?
So they know she left the apartment to go back to her parents' house but don't know who she left with apparently. :confused:

So they know she left the apartment to go back to her parents' house but don't know who she left with apparently. :confused:

As I recall right she left her apartment (and the friends who were there) to meet somebody. It's in the podcast....

It was posted Dec 18 on Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen FB page that police had phone information from the day that Jenna went missing.

And yes, Bit of Hope..... I relistened to the podcast..... a friend reported that Jenna left the apartment ~11:30 to meet someone. They feel certain that she returned back to parents house at some point because Jenna's FB was accessed from home IP address.

I still can't help but wonder if any of these people knew each other: ex-boyfriend, roommate, townhouse or IG guy, and violent ex-boyfriend? And also wonder if Jenna's friends knew these people too.

As I recall right she left her apartment (and the friends who were there) to meet somebody. It's in the podcast....
Well who reported seeing her in the car with a male passenger as stated in the original flyers? Where did that info come from if not her friends? Do we know?

Have they been able to find her second phone or check the records of it?

I'm not overly familiar with this case yet, but when I heard she was developmentally delayed/high-functioning autism and how her parents described her as "vulnerable" and "easily manipulated" etc. I wondered if maybe she felt suffocated and micromanaged by them and intentionally left the house and disappeared on purpose because she wanted them to leave her alone and felt they would not if they knew where she was.

but reading all this, i'm beginning to wonder if something bad happened to her.

Was the debit card date/time for Wendy's ever verified? Wondering how that fits into the timeline of Jenna leaving the apartment ~11:30. Seems as though Wendy's would be able to correlate her debit card payment with the order..... what & quantity of food/drinks ordered. Were enough food/drinks for 2 (or more) people ordered? But, of course, the passenger(s) could have paid for their own orders too. Wendy's transaction wouldn't identify the passenger(s) unless, they too, paid with their own debit card(s). Just a thought.

Was the debit card date/time for Wendy's ever verified? Wondering how that fits into the timeline of Jenna leaving the apartment ~11:30. Seems as though Wendy's would be able to correlate her debit card payment with the order..... what & quantity of food/drinks ordered. Were enough food/drinks for 2 (or more) people ordered? But, of course, the passenger(s) could have paid for their own orders too. Wendy's transaction wouldn't identify the passenger(s) unless, they too, paid with their own debit card(s). Just a thought.
All we know is a Wendy's straw was found in her mum's car and passenger seat was right back. I don't suppose they tested the straw for fingerprints or DNA? That would be too sensible right?
We haven't been given the times or amounts or order of any of the card transactions, nor what was purchased. I am beginning to think LE don't want this solved. Wouldn't hurt to give out those transaction details with some video would it?
:cow:
::pullhair:

Do we even know who the friends were at the apartment ? E.g. person 1, 2, 5 etc.

hi - was following this case closely but haven't had computer access for the last few months. is there an update from october 2017 to now? too much to read through and a little confused :( so sad J hasn't been found.

hi - was following this case closely but haven't had computer access for the last few months. is there an update from october 2017 to now? too much to read through and a little confused :( so sad J hasn't been found.

The only thing of note is the reward increase to $50k and the vanished pod cast is good. You know that Subie doesn't comment any more based on someone's advice do you? So mostly speculation since you last checked in. Only 30 odd pages since November so the thread has really slowed up. Now only about half dozen posts a day at the most. Very sad. No LE updates at all. Family updates perhaps a few times a month on the Help Find FB
and that is all really.

The only thing of note is the reward increase to $50k and the vanished pod cast is good. You know that Subie doesn't comment any more based on someone's advice do you? So mostly speculation since you last checked in. Only 30 odd pages since November so the thread has really slowed up. Now only about half dozen posts a day at the most. Very sad. No LE updates at all. Family updates perhaps a few times a month on the Help Find FB
and that is all really.

thank you so much! ugh. wait, confused about the subie thing. listening to the podcast now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member