GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. Let's ignore the typo in the headline, and the fact that this is an article from Dec. 2013, but it is news to me. Very interesting article that gives some bizarre information of which I was not aware.

rsbm
3. After spending a month in jail, DS told his mother he couldn't go to prison for fear of being raped and murdered. But, apparently, he didn't mind being in prison if he was on death row because, as he told his mother, it would be "simple, happy and peaceful."
4. He said he didn't want to waste money on getting a lawyer because they were going to kill him anyway.

I don't know whether to rely on this information or not. What with the typo in the headline, and a couple of other unintelligible sentences, let's just say it is not very well written and may also be inaccurate.

Ugh the hypocrisy...he's afraid of being raped and murdered....barf..this is just like Kenia's killer, Travis Forbes, who agreed to reveal the location of her body only if he wouldn't be labeled a sex offender in prison!

Bleuboy, very worthwhile overview of case and what we can expect to see in the courtroom starting tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Among other things, one of the 3 reporters (Paige Kelton) talked about the perceived arrogance of DS, and, if he were to take the stand, that would not play well with the jury. I (IMO) don't think he will be taking the stand, but they seemed to think it was a possibility.

One thing I have noticed, that man does not make eye contact with any camera. His gaze is averted -- downward, usually. In the courtroom proceedings with jury selection, he held that head high -- like he was in charge and very confident.

He maintains his innocence, but when LE pointed out to him that they have surveillance video showing him leaving Walmart with Cherish and walking toward his van, he did admit that she was in his van at that point, but that later she jumped out at a red light. This is to separate himself from implication in her rape and murder -- I guess he's thinking the only thing they can pin on him would be kidnapping (if that, he thinks). [IMO]

Do they have solar powered Sparkies in Florida? It is the Sunshine State.
Thanks for putting the description to that video alexwood. I can't wait for tomorrow.

So I haven't really followed many trials "live" before. Maybe none at all, really. Will the entire thing be streamed online?? Sorry, that is probably a dumb question. Just wondering how this will work. I will be busy off and on during the day but would like to somehow follow along when I am able.

So I haven't really followed many trials "live" before. Maybe none at all, really. Will the entire thing be streamed online?? Sorry, that is probably a dumb question. Just wondering how this will work. I will be busy off and on during the day but would like to somehow follow along when I am able.

No not a dumb question at all. Links above are stating it will be live streamed. Several of us plan to be here. Start time is stated to be 8:45 a.m. Check in when you can and we will have links up to follow. Yes typically if a trial is streamed it is. Start to finish.

Ugh the hypocrisy...he's afraid of being raped and murdered....barf..this is just like Kenia's killer, Travis Forbes, who agreed to reveal the location of her body only if he wouldn't be labeled a sex offender in prison!

bbm
Oh, that esso-bee. The very idea. I can't even...

Thinking of the Jurors tonight. It's going to be tough enough for us to know the horrible details. They will not only hear them but will also see them.

Thinking of the Jurors tonight. It's going to be tough enough for us to know the horrible details. They will not only hear them but will also see them.

Same here. Hope they can stick it out and do what needs to be done...all the way to the death penalty. moo

News4Jax.com will stream gavel-to-gavel coverage until a verdict is reached.
https://www.news4jax.com/news/donal...ok-back-at-the-case-that-shocked-jacksonville

News4Jax will not only cover every moment of the trial, we will live stream the proceedings online, with the disclaimer that the some graphic testimony and evidence will be presented during the trial.
https://www.news4jax.com/news/donal...ying-out-case-against-donald-smith-for-jurors

Donald Smith trial Monday: What to expect
Court begins at 9 a.m. Monday. First Coast News will provide gavel-to-gavel coverage via a web livestream. Follow @schindy on Twitter for real-time courthouse updates.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/donald-smith-trial-monday-what-to-expect/517385312

https://twitter.com/hashtag/DonaldSmith?src=hash

https://twitter.com/search?q=#CherishPerrywinkle

Amy, also when trials are live streamed, they are usually archived and posted daily to be viewed later. So if you are busy at work, you can watch the coverage later.

Knew it wouldn't start on time! Looks so dark in that courtroom. DS's attorney is seated next to him and she is speaking to him. He is almost making eye contact with her --- but not quite. He looks very worried.

Wonder what they're waiting for. While they were picking the jurors this last go-round, I heard a reporter comment that the proceedings did not start on time that morning because some of the potential jurors were late.

mod note:This case is very emotional and it might be a good idea to sit on your hands, keep a pillow to hit or scream into or a shoe close by. Be mindful that our rules still apply. The parents are considered victims. Websleuths does not condone or allow wishing violence of any kind on the defendant or others.

:hug: :grouphug:

Heavens, I didn't realize the judge would address the jurors before the full court. But I haven't watched any live coverage before either.

Here we go again with the volume issues. I sure hope they correct that fast. I can barely hear the judge. The bailiff's big head is in the way. Totally blocking view the defendant.

Here is another time wasting pleading innocent to all the camera evidence

I'm glad that the balliff's ?..head is blocking the view of the defendant from the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173