Found Safe CA - Julia Kebbel, 36, Los Angeles, 31 Jan 2018

Julia and her dog have been found alive and safe!

Can you supply a link for this please?

ETA: slowpoke wasn't so slow this time lol... (we were posting at the same time) thanks and PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS GREAT - More good news at WS, where so much of what we see and do is sad... I don't need to know anything more - glad she and Cindy are safe!

Can you supply a link for this please?

ETA: slowpoke wasn't so slow this time lol... (we were posting at the same time) thanks and PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS GREAT - More good news at WS, where so much of what we see and do is sad... I don't need to know anything more - glad she and Cindy are safe!
I kinda want to know a little more...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

of course, I should have said that I grew up in Detroit (in Detroit, not the burbs) and then lived in this very same Silver Lake neighborhood when I was 21 for a stretch so "safe neighborhood" is certainly subjective... I never felt scared living in that area or walking in that area though. It is a very walkable type area, certainly gentrifying itself over the last 6 years or so. But sure, there's drugs and folks stealing cars and lawn furniture anywhere. Bad people know no boundaries...

I recall they were searching Griffith Park - I guess nothing at all came of that?
I read they searched Griffith Park does that mean the abandoned Zoo? I looked to see and could not tell.

glad she was found, located, turned herself in.. whatever.
It is a relief though.. I hope she is well.

Wonderful news. I know these families deserve right to privacy, but whenever someone is found I always find myself frustrated wondering, what are the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful news. I know these families deserve right to privacy, but whenever someone is found I always find myself frustrated wondering, what are the circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly.
We spend so much time learning about the missing one's life that they become a member of our family. Mad when they've been wronged, sad if they die, happy when found safe.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I get the feeling that she took off voluntarily. It seems to me that if she had been held against her will by her ex, or taken by force, they would have asked for privacy, but said she had escaped or been released. JMO

Wow! This is great news indeed. [emoji3]

Awesome news!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Update from Julia through her sister, Arielle:

attachment.php

"To you, from my loving Sis: “My name is Julia Kebbel. I have bipolar disorder and suffered a severe episode at the end of January, 2018. It led to me experiencing a psychotic break from reality, during which time, I went missing with my dog, Cindy. Thanks to my wonderful family, friends, colleagues and many good Samaritans who didn't even know me, I am now safe (Cindy too) and extremely grateful for the treatment and care I'm getting. I would like to thank every person involved in the search for us for your incredible outpouring of support and love. On my road to recovery, I am hoping to help raise awareness of mental health disorders, including fighting the stigmatization of these illnesses that affect so many. I proudly stand with you.” — With love and gratitude, Julia Kebbel."

Link

Attachments

• 4A2AB2F200000578-5497601-image-a-45_1520984553324.jpg
    4A2AB2F200000578-5497601-image-a-45_1520984553324.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 230
It's nice to get resolution and hear that she's ok. Very brave of her to share her story and become an advocate. Truly a great ending.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back