FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]FL. SCHOOL SHOOTING:- 17 people dead- 12 inside school- 2 outside school- 1 on the street- 2 died at hospital[/FONT]

Per pc on Fox News: 12 fatalities inside school, 2 outside on school grounds, 1 on Pine Island road (?), and 2 in hospital

What does JROTC mean?
Thank you.

Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps is a federal program sponsored by the United States Armed Forces in high schools and also in some middle schools across the United States and United States military bases across the world. Wikipedia

Broward County Sheriff on CNN Live:

Was expelled from the HS for disciplinary reasons

IMO if officials did not use that word disciplinary but a more accurate one like mental illness might be more real

want to know what alternative placement he was placed in that would give us insight into his issues

What does JROTC mean?
Thank you.

It’s kinda like a military prep program that is offered in high school to prepare those planning to enlist in the military upon graduation.

ETA: they obviously aren’t trained with firearms or anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does JROTC mean?
Thank you.

Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps.

Military sponsors it for schools as an extracurricular usually. They wear uniforms some days, learn about citizenship, kiddie military type stuff.

What does JROTC mean?
Thank you.

Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps

The Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) is a federal program sponsored by the United States Armed Forces in high schools and also in some middle schools across the United States and United States military bases across the world.

Former Army JROTC member wielding an assault rifle. Nicolas Cruz, 19, was identified as the gunman ...

kinda reminded me of FOrt Luderdale airport shooter

rejection rejection

he called his dad and said he may have done something wrong == clearly troubled, probably with severe limitations imo local 7

JROTC is Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps...the regular ROTC is the college version. My son is was in the Air Force version...basically some military history combined with some military drills...just parade stuff though, no weapons training. My son was in the Color Guard and dang can't come up with the word, been a while, but Rifle Drills, where they flip rifles and march. The rifles are 'plugged' meaning they have a piece of metal in the barrel so the gun cannot be fired.

It’s kinda like a military prep program that is offered in high school to prepare those planning to enlist in the military upon graduation.

ETA: they obviously aren’t trained with firearms or anything like that.

makes sense that military would have appealed to him

sounds like he started going down one would have to reasonably functioning to get in I would think

there are some still in surgery local 7

IMO if officials did not use that word disciplinary but a more accurate one like mental illness might be more real

want to know what alternative placement he was placed in that would give us insight into his issues

I was watching a local news livestream and long before they publically identified him, a kid was interviewed who said they knew the shooter from an alternative school, that he was known to be troubled.

So I'm reading that he wasn't allowed on campus with a backpack because he was violent, had made threats agains students and they knew he had guns. Questions:

1. Why weren't mental health services via the police involved?
2. Did he have parents? Were they involved in trying to help him or stop him from harming others?
3. Where did he get access to firearms? How and where? Given his age and past problems it seems it wouldn't be that easy for him.

Hearing about parents that have not heard from their kids yet as well as the initial pictures from the scene are so much like Columbine it hurts.

From student ch 7 pne fatality is a teacher- in front of the class

shooting reported around 230 arrested 400

makes me think he did live there or nearby how would they know to go there?

[FONT=&]the school administration sent out an email warning teachers that the student had made threats against others in the past and should not be allowed on the campus with a backpack.

[/FONT]
[FONT="]“I plan on getting this but I need more information on it so if someone could give advice on how much I’m spending and background cheeks please to god let me know,” he wrote in 2016.

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#0E0E0E][FONT=&]HE also stated shooting is group therapy

photo he took

[/FONT][/COLOR][IMG]https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/2016-01-06-16-13-22-1156745263225621046_2292487929.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=532&strip=all[/IMG]

[IMG]https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/2016-01-04-19-51-21-1155405423976499857_2292487929.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all[/IMG]

[COLOR=#0E0E0E][FONT="]“what does allahu akbar.” He then wrote in the caption, “Well at least we now know what it means when a sand durka says “allahu Akbar” ??????”

[/FONT]
[FONT="]Also in 2015, he posted a meme of a target with bullet holes in it with the words “Group therapy, sometimes it works.” He added in the caption, “It really does f*cking work give it a try ;)

[/FONT][/COLOR][IMG]https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/2015-12-24-08-29-27-1147089682915248227_2292487929.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=531&strip=all[/IMG]

[IMG]https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/2015-12-23-18-31-25-1146667883505240205_2292487929.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&strip=all[/IMG]

[COLOR=#0E0E0E][FONT="] “F*ck youuuuuuuuuuuu allllll.”

[/FONT]
[FONT="]a lot of people were saying it was going to be him,” the student said. “A lot of kids threw jokes around like that, saying that he’s the one to shoot up the school, but it turns out, you know, everyone predicted it

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]no red flags here give me a break

[/FONT]
https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/nicolas-nikolas-nick-cruz-florida-school-shooter-gunman-instagram/[FONT=&]

Elley may link[/FONT]

If he made threats he should have been arrested a long time ago and in juvie. Why did they drop the ball?!!!

High schools are so big though. It takes seconds to kill a lot of people.

If school police are still the same caliber of those of the late 90's, I'm not surprised that they weren't a deterrent today. No offense intended, but my school's police officers, real LE, were considered a joke on campus.

2 fatalities, 3 in critical condition and 3 in stable at one hospital.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member