GUILTY WA- 3 N. Seattle brothers, 78,79 & 82, arrested child sex-abuse investigation

But I thought he was going to be sentenced on Dec. 22nd?? Isn't what that is for? Or is this like a "penalty phase" for trial??

TIA! if anyone can answer that! :wave:

But I thought he was going to be sentenced on Dec. 22nd?? Isn't what that is for? Or is this like a "penalty phase" for trial??

TIA! if anyone can answer that! :wave:
Hi Niner

This is how I have personally have seen these type cases work. Also unless the press picks it up, the actusl sentence may not be disclosed. The Court record will just read SENTENCED. It is public record. You would have to request the sentence detail from the Court.

After the lawyers have made their arguments (called “submissions”), the judge will consider their arguments and sentence the offender. Sometimes the judge will do this right after submissions. Other times, the judge will take a break or even adjourn the case to another day to think about what sentence they will*give.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SEATTLE — Edwin Emery, one of three elderly Seattle brothers arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges, was sentenced to 9 months in prison Friday.

http://q13fox.com/2017/12/22/one-of...tiser censored*-case-gets-9-months-in-prison/

SEATTLE — Edwin Emery, one of three elderly Seattle brothers arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges, was sentenced to 9 months in prison Friday.

http://q13fox.com/2017/12/22/one-of...tiser censored*-case-gets-9-months-in-prison/

Ugh.

Quoting from the link: During that investigation, Edwin Emery acknowledged having molested two female relatives decades earlier, the detective wrote. No charges were filed after prosecutors determined the images "did not meet filing standards for exploitation crimes against children," Dan Donohoe, a spokesman for the King County Prosecutor's Office, said in an email. The statute of limitations for any sex crimes would have expired, he said.

Here’s the Seattle Times story:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...entenced-in-child-*advertiser censored*-case/

1 of 3 elderly Seattle brothers sentenced to 9 months in child-*advertiser censored* case

Edwin Emery, 79, pleaded guilty last month to two counts of second-degree possession of depictions of minors engaged in sexual conduct. Prosecutors have alleged Emery and his two older brothers had “spent a lifetime accumulating” child *advertiser censored*.

Ugh.

Quoting from the link: During that investigation, Edwin Emery acknowledged having molested two female relatives decades earlier, the detective wrote. No charges were filed after prosecutors determined the images "did not meet filing standards for exploitation crimes against children," Dan Donohoe, a spokesman for the King County Prosecutor's Office, said in an email. The statute of limitations for any sex crimes would have expired, he said.
I am wondering on his sentence...was the 4 months he has been in jail taken away from the 9 month sentence, and also his "good" behavior credits, to knock down that sentence to a "short stay" in jail.

Oh you all beat me to the article!

Thanks for the information Sanz!

So I guess we wait until Jan. 16th for the last bro....

would be interesting to see a pic of these brothers when they were younger (25ish)

for the SEVENTH continuance....

Tuesday, January 16th:
*Order of Continuance Hearing - WA - arrested for 2 counts possession of depiction of minors engaged in sexual explicit conduct & found Manifesto detailing child rape & homicide - hearing for Thomas Edwin Emery (80) 9/26 pled not guilty. Remains in jail in lieu of $550K bail. This is the 7th continuance hearing for Thomas.
Edwin Harold Emery (78) made the guilty plea Friday (11/21) to two counts of second-degree possession of child *advertiser censored* in King County Superior Court. He remains in jail. He was sentenced Dec. 22: Edwin was sentenced to 9 months in prison Friday. Their bro: Charles L. Emery (82): was sent for competency eval on 8/31. Held on $500,000 bail. 10/26 all charges dropped due to mental illness. Court records indicate the state will seek to have Charles Emery, 83, civilly committed after he was diagnosed with a major neurocognitive disorder and pedophilia. Emery and his brothers, Thomas Emery, 80, and Edwin Emery, who turns 79 on Friday, were each charged in August with two counts of second-degree possession of depictions of minors engaged in sexual conduct. Thomas and Edwin Emery each remain jailed in lieu of $500,000 bail. Case-setting hearings in their cases were scheduled for Tuesday but have since been continued to later this month, according to prosecutors.

Well, it looks like Thomas pled guilty....

01-09-2018 GUILTY PLEA ONLY HEARING JDG0030 Guilty Plea Only Hearing
Judge Douglass A. North, Dept 30

01-09-2018 AUDIO LOG Audio Log W 711

01-09-2018 ORD PERMITTING FILING AMENDED INFO Ord Permitting Filing Amended Info

01-09-2018 AMENDED INFORMATION Amended Information

01-09-2018 STATEMENT OF DEFENDANT,PLEA GUILTY Statement Of Defendant,plea Guilty/felony

01-10-2018 NOTICE OF HEARING ACTION Notice Of Hearing
2:45 /roberts /sent 01-19-2018

I'm going to guess his sentencing will be Jan. 19th.

At this stage of his life, I don't know what good will come of him pleading guilty to a *advertiser censored* charge (if that's what it is) except to give him a home where he will be able to receive free food and medical care.

I would much rather have him talk and confess to all deeds done throughout the years by him and his brothers maybe without fear of retribution so LE could be able to close the many unsolved crimes they have committed.

Did LE make any progress in testing all the clothing and underwear that was discovered?

I guess these four brothers were just found out too late for true justice to be served and that's the real shame.

I looked up at the court site - and here is what they have:

01-10-2018 NOTICE OF HEARING ACTION Notice Of Hearing
2:45 /roberts /sent 01-19-2018

01-11-2018 PRESENTENCE INVESTIGATION ORDER ACTION Presentence Investigation Order 8:30am/roberts 02-07-2018

01-11-2018 NOTICE OF HEARING ACTION Notice Of Hearing
8:30am/sent/roberts 02-07-2018

01-17-2018 STATEMENT OF PROSECUTING ATTORNEY Statement Of Prosecuting Attorney

So does anyone know "what" this all means? Sentencing now on Feb. 7th??

TIA!

Just :bump: up thread for sentencing for this creep....

Wednesday, February 7th:
*Sentencing (@ 8:30am) - WA - arrested for 2 counts possession of depiction of minors engaged in sexual explicit conduct & found Manifesto detailing child rape & homicide - hearing for Thomas Edwin Emery (80) 9/26 pled not guilty. Remains in jail in lieu of $550K bail. Pled guilty 1/9, sentencing delayed from Jan. 19th
Edwin Harold Emery (78) made the guilty plea Friday (11/21) to two counts of second-degree possession of child *advertiser censored* in King County Superior Court. He remains in jail. He was scheduled to be sentenced Dec. 22: Edwin was sentenced to 9 months in prison Friday.Their bro: Charles L. Emery (82): was sent for competency eval on 8/31. Held on $500,000 bail. 10/26 all charges dropped due to mental illness. Court records indicate the state will seek to have Charles Emery, 83, civilly committed after he was diagnosed with a major neurocognitive disorder and pedophilia. Emery and his brothers, Thomas Emery, 80, and Edwin Emery, who turns 79 on Friday, were each charged in August with two counts of second-degree possession of depictions of minors engaged in sexual conduct. Thomas and Edwin Emery each remain jailed in lieu of $500,000 bail. Case-setting hearings in their cases were scheduled for Tuesday but have since been continued to later this month, according to prosecutors.

:judge:

Looks like they moved sentencing to today....

02-06-2018NOTICE OF HEARING
ACTION
Notice Of Hearing
8:30 /roberts /sent
02-09-2018

Looks like they moved sentencing to today....

02-06-2018NOTICE OF HEARING
ACTION
Notice Of Hearing
8:30 /roberts /sent
02-09-2018

Hi Niner
No not sure if the docket calendar is always correct if something gets moved to a different date. I have been using the WA ST Courts Name search for their Court records. I’ll post Thomas information as of 02-06-2018.
debf7470360fb08f1db8020f5c26ed96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Sanz! And that's what it STILL says for today.... no updates! :gaah:

This is what the docket says today:

02-09-2018 SENTENCING HEARING
JDG0004 Sentencing Hearing
Judge Mary E. Roberts Dept 4

02-09-2018 AUDIO LOG Audio Log Dr W905

02-09-2018 COURT NOTICE RIGHT OF APPEAL Court Notice Right Of Appeal

Doesn't really say "what" the sentence was. Anyone in Washington have any articles about this case?

TIA!

According to vinelink he is out of custody as of 2/14/18 and sentence served.
Offender ID# 1955045

I am so dead set against that damn statute of limitations, especially in cases like this!

So they get a slap on the wrist in their elder years for all the little girls they molested and assaulted? They basically walk away free and we let them! Sick!

According to vinelink he is out of custody as of 2/14/18 and sentence served.
Offender ID# 1955045

Oh NO!!! You're kidding!!?!?! Geez.... totally agree with you Steelslady! :gaah:

edited to add: I went back to see when they were arrested - 8/22/17, so he spent almost 6 months in jail for this....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back