Found Deceased Germany - Liam Colgan, 29, Scottish tourist, Hamburg, 10 Feb 2018

A question would be is his bank card being used? Would that be required for train or subway travel in Hamburg?

A question would be is his bank card being used? Would that be required for train or subway travel in Hamburg?
Ticket inspections for subway trains and buses are very irregular. Passenger trains are a different story, they usually check. Tickets can be bought paying cash or ATM card (EC card).

Wondering if Liam was in a relationship of any kind and if in Germany tinder or other similar dating site is commonly used. Would Liam be likely to meet up with somebody for a date.
speculation.( sorry, cannot seem to get my question mark key to work)

I really don’t see this as a possibility, I know most of the lads on the trip and they all would have just wanted a great weekend with the lads, they also had activities booked for most of the stay.Not only that,Liam’s phone battery died early in the evening so would have had no means of contact.Cant rule anything out but I’d suggest it’s doubtful

Wondering if Liam was in a relationship of any kind and if in Germany tinder or other similar dating site is commonly used. Would Liam be likely to meet up with somebody for a date.
speculation.( sorry, cannot seem to get my question mark key to work)
Dating apps/sites (including Tinder) are very common here. I think it‘s also possible he met a woman at one of the locations at Reeperbahn if he was up to it.
I know that next to his brother Eamonn, Eamonn’s fiancee and a few friends his cousins Fiona and Leanne Maillie are here to search for him but no word of a girlfriend in the media. They are all over TV, radio and news here, giving interviews and organizing the search. They are doing quite a good job. I don‘t think there are many Germans who haven‘t heard about Liam yet (unless they live under a rock).

I really don’t see this as a possibility, I know most of the lads on the trip and they all would have just wanted a great weekend with the lads, they also had activities booked for most of the stay.Not only that,Liam’s phone battery died early in the evening so would have had no means of contact.Cant rule anything out but I’d suggest it’s doubtful
I am with you, they had enough activities on the list , i wonder also how he should find the date without the phone etc.

So if that confused man is Liam, what would cause him to be suddenly confused and not know how to get back to his hotel room or ask for help? Many Germans speak English, so language should not be a problem. Alcohol alone would not cause this, and it would have worn off long ago anyway. :dunno:

to add I was drugged at a concert a few yrs ago, it lasted 3 - 4 DAYS. I couldn't even speak, or walk. I had no tongue.

to add I was drugged at a concert a few yrs ago, it lasted 3 - 4 DAYS. I couldn't even speak, or walk. I had no tongue.

OMG I am so glad you're OK. What a frightening experience Cherry! :( Hope they caught the person who did that to you.

I'm so sorry! That must have been truly frightening. Glad you are alright.

If something like this happened to Liam, shouldn't he feel a bit clearer by now?

Just to note there are conflicting stories out there about the Buxtehude sighting. Some news stories say the woman from the bakery shop in Buxtehude thought she saw Liam and that he spoke English (no word of him mentioning he‘s Scottish). I‘ve read in other articles a seemingly confused guy asked for water in the bakery shop and said he is from Scotland.

Found this interview (English, German subtitles) where Eamonn says the witnesses he spoke to can‘t say he‘s Scottish but that he‘s definitely British. Eamonn also asks people not to focus on clothing and the description they have given out because the person witnesses saw was wearing dark clothes and had a backpack.
I hope it‘s Liam they saw but how would he wear different clothing and carry a backpack?
https://youtu.be/u4ULz3T-DcQ

Found this interview (English, German subtitles) where Eamonn says the witnesses he spoke to can‘t say he‘s Scottish but that he‘s definitely British. Eamonn also asks people not to focus on clothing and the description they have given out because the person witnesses saw was wearing dark clothes and had a backpack.
I hope it‘s Liam they saw but how would he wear different clothing and carry a backpack?
https://youtu.be/u4ULz3T-DcQ

Yea that does not seem likely. How disappointing.

I backpacked around Europe a while back. I took trains everywhere. If he was in a state of confusion he could have hopped on a train and been in Italy in a matter of hours. So, the search area could be huge! I skimmed through this case. Does it mention anywhere if he had his passport with him?

Sorry if this already posted, John Lordan has just done a BrainScratch Searchlight for Liam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDiUeez-pTo .

I'm pretty sure it mentions he did not have his passport with him when he went missing. Also mentions his friends said he was pretty inebriated the last time they saw him which unfortunately can be the way these events go. Makes me fear there has been a nasty accident here for someone in an environment that was unfamiliar to them. Hopefully he's just confused/disorienated and someone will recognize him. I'm thinking most Germans would not probably be able to distinguish a Scotsman from an Englishman just by accent so hoping it is clear that he may just appear to them to be British/English.

Also, worryingly a lot of water in this area apparently. For some reason, young men who are under the influence seem to be drawn to water. Some think it is due to perhaps they get near the water to relieve themselves, or to be sick (and then lose their balance) , or even think, in their affected state that it would be a way of refreshing themselves/waking themselves up.

Then of course they can get into difficulties. It must be fairly cold in Hamburg, it is cold here, so the water temps will not be good. But a very populated area and as others have said, a fair amount of police and resources and I am sure that checking the water sources will be routine for them in this sort of situation. Awful for the family and friends. Fingers crossed this is not the scenario.

Also, worryingly a lot of water in this area apparently. For some reason, young men who are under the influence seem to be drawn to water. Some think it is due to perhaps they get near the water to relieve themselves, or to be sick (and then lose their balance) , or even think, in their affected state that it would be a way of refreshing themselves/waking themselves up.

Then of course they can get into difficulties. It must be fairly cold in Hamburg, it is cold here, so the water temps will not be good. But a very populated area and as others have said, a fair amount of police and resources and I am sure that checking the water sources will be routine for them in this sort of situation. Awful for the family and friends. Fingers crossed this is not the scenario.
They are checking the river and canals but the Elbe has a heavy drift and underwater vision is bad. It took 11 weeks to find Timo Kraus last year (drowned after a night out intoxicated in the same area):
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...hristmas-party-found-dead-at-bottom-of-river/

This whole intoxication and water thing has me fascinated. I just can't understand it. I wonder how many women have drowned after leaving a bar intoxicated... Is it really as simple as men falling in the water while relieving themselves? So bizarre.. :thinking: Its almost an epidemic.

FOUR witnesses claim to have spotted what could be missing stag do reveller Liam Colgan 30 miles from where he was last seen, his brother revealed.

Relatives have travelled to the German town of Buxtehude — on the outskirts of Hamburg — after the handful of sightings of a ‘confused Scotsman’.

In one of the encounters the befuddled man asked for a glass of water. Police dogs have since picked up Liam’s scent in the area.

Brother Eamonn, 33, from Broughty Ferry, Dundee, said: “It gives us hope but at the same time we don’t want to get carried away.

“We don’t have any positive CCTV to go with the fresh sightings and the police have warned the dogs picking up the scent is not an exact science.

“I hope it’s genuine. I would like to think that no one is that cruel.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...hamburg-liam-colgan-stag-do-confused-missing/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back