CA CA - Dr. Enrique Garibay Ruiz, 51, Los Angeles, 6 Oct 2017

Interesting how they never answer the question about his publishing. And the vague reference to Loyola publishing.

I read somewhere about the meeting at Loyola and had the impression that a former colleague had set something up as a favor for a friend type of thing. I don’t get the impression his family knew much about his schedule.

Hmmmm ... I live less than two miles from Loyola. Will take a look around next weekend if there's no news by then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

As I was driving back to the Los Angeles airport last night for my flight.. I passed a few blocks right on airport rd that have cars lined up.. I’m wondering if those cars have been checked for his missing car

Any ID on the body found in Malibu? The one linked several posts above?

I wondered this, too. I just don't think he abandoned his family to start a new life. Can't make that connection in my head for some reason. I'm locked on suicide or car accident. I do hope someday his family (and we) have an answer --- especially, his family. Very anxious for an ID on the body in Malibu.

I read somewhere so consider it rumor but the move to Hungary was to be close to the wife's aging Mom.
I wish that car had a gps on it.

Shouldn't THESE HEADLINES be garnering more attention??? :thinking:

MEXICAN NUCLEAR PHYSICIST.............DISAPPEARS IN LA

https://translate.google.ca/transla...iz-desaparece-en-los-angeles.html&prev=search

MEXICAN SCIENTIST....DISAPPEARED IN LA
https://translate.google.ca/transla...ribay-desaparecido-en-los-angeles&prev=search

(there's some tidbits of additional info at both those links (ie: apparently he travels to LA often, also nephew in MX quoted, etc...2nd one has a link to someone on FB page called I'm looking for Enrique written in spanish...???)

:candle:

Where is Enrique???

I still am highly skeptical of certain aspects of this narrative. He did NOT need to come to the US to shop whatever writing project it is claimed. This type of thing is no longer done in person- or even on paper!

He rented the car AFTER his trip- at the end when he was alleged to be returning home.

He cannot be traced to the airport as it seems he claimed.

So that leaves me with two scenarios.
1. Voluntary disappearance
2. Voluntary disappearance with concurrent vehicle accident/ not found yet.

And he is not a nuclear physicist (poor translation there)

So I just rented a car from Enterprise as I wrecked my jeep and asked about gps. The only cars that have gps are the exotics. Also, they probably think now I have no intentions of returning my rental.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So I just rented a car from Enterprise as I wrecked my jeep and asked about gps. The only cars that have gps are the exotics. Also, they probably think now I have no intentions of returning my rental.

I love the questions we ask all around town, for the sake of sleuthing! We are a dedicated bunch. And I love it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My search history on my laptop (related to WS) is disturbing...just putting that out there!

My search history on my laptop (related to WS) is disturbing...just putting that out there!
We may all need a get out jail card with I am a member of websleuths.
ETA I don't think it was ever answered on whether they would report the car as stolen.

We may all need a get out jail card with I am a member of websleuths.
ETA I don't think it was ever answered on whether they would report the car as stolen.

Lol Maybe you'll have better luck with answers once you return it.

Ask them how they locate vehicles that are stolen and or not returned.
Do they have someone who works for them look in parking garages at airports for vehicles rented and not returned?
Do they file police reports on non-returned vehicles?
Do they continue billing the credit card on file for the car rental?

Do they have someone who works for them look in parking garages at airports for vehicles rented and not returned?
Thanks for the list. :) I'm doubtful they will have that info but I will ask.

Any new news? His poor family must be so frantic and worried. [emoji17]

Thanks for the list. [emoji4] I'm doubtful they will have that info but I will ask.

In a previous life, I worked in the rental car industry, given it was ages ago, and a two different airports in different states than CA, and a different Rental Car Agency, so perhaps the Company’s answers will be different than those below, but from my experience...

QUESTION 1:
•••No, not typically; however, that would be a call made by the Branch Mgr...based on how much staff he has on-site & how busy they are, etc....usually, when a vehicle is ‘found’ having been left in airport parking (short or long term), it is because airport security has spotted the vehicle, and then contacted the rental car company directly to tell them one of their vehicles was found & where. The airport has its own policies about how long a vehicle can just sit there in short or long term parking before they themselves report it as an abandoned vehicle and have it towed off sight..As far as Rental Agency, depending upon the Branch Mgr, the Rental Agency might call a direct contact in airport security and ask them to keep an eye out for that specific vehicle. Airport security (I believe, but don’t hold me to it) tracks which vehicles are on their lots & for how long, and after X/? Amount of time is when they report them to Rental Car Agencies or the Police as an abandoned vehicle, or have them towed away..I think to the City Impound lot, but depends where they are located•••

QUESTION 2:
•••Yes, typically, “when” is what depends upon the On-site Branch Manager, along with whatever their own Corporate Policy dictates, I believe it was 30-60 days post rental return date back in the day. Obviously, the Rental Car Agency attempts to contact the Renter through whatever information he/she has provide 1st before ever filing any legal claims for theft, or loss. You would be surprised at how many people exceed the return date & then pop up and return the car (& get charged an outrageous amount for the rental, usually corporate rentals, but there are some unusual people who will do that privately, too..but that was back before leasing autos became a thing)•••

QUESTION 3:
•••Complicated=The charges continue to accrue as it is an open rental contract. At the point the Mgr decides, depending upon corporate policy, to file a police report, for theft. The rental Agreement, Customer Information, C/C info., etc, all gets forwarded to that Rental Agency’s Corporate ‘Subrogation Dept’, which are responsible for recouping costs for the Rental Car Company. Typically, filing whatever paperwork necessary, such as legal documents outside of the initial claim of theft, filing a loss claim against someone’s c/c company for reimbursement and/or that Renter’s Auto Insurance Co, or like going to civil or criminal court and a filing claim for the vehicle cost, etc..whatever needs filing to recoup the loss.•••

Ok, so the above applies if the Rental Agreement length hits the trigger point (30-60 days post scheduled return date) based on that particular company’s policy’s & procedures. Otherwise, the cost for the rental car just keeps on accruing, until the vehicle is returned. If someone brings the vehicle back, the rental is just processed like any other return, with whatever amount being processed against the Customer’s c/c.

I read in a different case where the missing person’s family was waiting for the rental car company to file a theft loss claim, in order for local police to be able to then turn around, and open a missing person investigation, and to be able to do whatever records searches, etc. that they needed to do. So, in this case, if the family were able to contact the Rental Agency’s Branch Mgr or District Mgr directly, then they might be able to get the ball rolling quicker than that Agency’s typical Corp Policy and internal wait times dictate.

Again, the above is how things were handled when I was in the industry ages ago, so it may differ from how how agencies handle things today.

I hope he is soon found safe & healthy.

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories, views, and possible BIG Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to a direct origin source..Thanks!
The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

In a previous life, I worked in the rental car industry, given it was ages ago, and a two different airports in different states than CA, and a different Rental Car Agency, so perhaps the Company’s answers will be different than those below, but from my experience...

QUESTION 1:
•••No, not typically; however, that would be a call made by the Branch Mgr...based on how much staff he has on-site & how busy they are, etc....usually, when a vehicle is ‘found’ having been left in airport parking (short or long term), it is because airport security has spotted the vehicle, and then contacted the rental car company directly to tell them one of their vehicles was found & where. The airport has its own policies about how long a vehicle can just sit there in short or long term parking before they themselves report it as an abandoned vehicle and have it towed off sight..As far as Rental Agency, depending upon the Branch Mgr, the Rental Agency might call a direct contact in airport security and ask them to keep an eye out for that specific vehicle. Airport security (I believe, but don’t hold me to it) tracks which vehicles are on their lots & for how long, and after X/? Amount of time is when they report them to Rental Car Agencies or the Police as an abandoned vehicle, or have them towed away..I think to the City Impound lot, but depends where they are located•••

QUESTION 2:
•••Yes, typically, “when” is what depends upon the On-site Branch Manager, along with whatever their own Corporate Policy dictates, I believe it was 30-60 days post rental return date back in the day. Obviously, the Rental Car Agency attempts to contact the Renter through whatever information he/she has provide 1st before ever filing any legal claims for theft, or loss. You would be surprised at how many people exceed the return date & then pop up and return the car (& get charged an outrageous amount for the rental, usually corporate rentals, but there are some unusual people who will do that privately, too..but that was back before leasing autos became a thing)•••

QUESTION 3:
•••Complicated=The charges continue to accrue as it is an open rental contract. At the point the Mgr decides, depending upon corporate policy, to file a police report, for theft. The rental Agreement, Customer Information, C/C info., etc, all gets forwarded to that Rental Agency’s Corporate ‘Subrogation Dept’, which are responsible for recouping costs for the Rental Car Company. Typically, filing whatever paperwork necessary, such as legal documents outside of the initial claim of theft, filing a loss claim against someone’s c/c company for reimbursement and/or that Renter’s Auto Insurance Co, or like going to civil or criminal court and a filing claim for the vehicle cost, etc..whatever needs filing to recoup the loss.•••

Ok, so the above applies if the Rental Agreement length hits the trigger point (30-60 days post scheduled return date) based on that particular company’s policy’s & procedures. Otherwise, the cost for the rental car just keeps on accruing, until the vehicle is returned. If someone brings the vehicle back, the rental is just processed like any other return, with whatever amount being processed against the Customer’s c/c.

I read in a different case where the missing person’s family was waiting for the rental car company to file a theft loss claim, in order for local police to be able to then turn around, and open a missing person investigation, and to be able to do whatever records searches, etc. that they needed to do. So, in this case, if the family were able to contact the Rental Agency’s Branch Mgr or District Mgr directly, then they might be able to get the ball rolling quicker than that Agency’s typical Corp Policy and internal wait times dictate.

Again, the above is how things were handled when I was in the industry ages ago, so it may differ from how how agencies handle things today.

I hope he is soon found safe & healthy.

***Note:The above is only my own opinions, thoughts, theories, views, and possible BIG Fish Tales; unless otherwise indicated by a website URL and/or reference to a direct origin source..Thanks!
The TRUTH WILL OUT!, and There will be a Reckoning, in this Life or the Next!

Thanks for answering my questions. Interesting. Pretty much, I guess we wait til the car turns up, if it turns up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back