Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwards has been charged with the murder of Sarah spiers

Verbatim from Perth Now - it's updating now to here. [FONT=&quot]WA POLICE have charged Bradley Roberts Edwards with the murder of Sarah Spiers.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cold case homicide detectives charged the 49-year-old Thursday morning following extensive inquiries.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speaking at a press conference held Thursday afternoon Police Commissioner Chris Dawson confirmed Mr Edwards had now been charged with the wilful murder of Sarah Spiers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Earlier today a charge was preferred in relation to the disappearance of 18-year-old Sarah Spiers on January 27 1996,” he told the media at police headquarters in East Perth.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“This development follows extensive inquiries by the Macro investigation team within the cold case homicide squad.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Sarah disappeared after a night out with friends in Claremont on Friday January, 26 1996. She telephoned for a taxi from a phonebox near the corner of Stirling Road and Stirling Highway just after 2am on the Saturday morning.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“When the taxi arrived several minutes later Sarah was nowhere to be seen. Her body has never been found.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He is expected to appear at Stirling Gardens Magistrates Court on February 28.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]More to come.

[/FONT]

Think you can bet that next week will be postponed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW.....what a turn of events! I hope it brings a result.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Discussing the case of Sarah Spiers disappearance is now subject to Subjudice.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

This is quite a revelation, though I'm sure a surprise to hardly anyone. BRE doesn't seem to be the confessing type so not sure whether there is any increased likeliness of finding Sarah at this stage.

They must have something else in the way of evidence towards a charge, surely. With only a few days to go until he appears in court, perhaps some kind of deal is being brokered, he's talking or someone else is.

Interesting development. I was sure they must have found the Camry and got the evidence they needed, but they’re still looking for it. I wonder what evidence they have for laying the charge as it can’t be dna.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG OMG OMG!!! The alleged CSK BRE has been charged with the wilful murder of Sarah Spiers!!!
https://thewest.com.au/news/crime/c...rds-with-murder-of-sarah-spiers-ng-b88753983z
Apologies I know I’m not first with the news but just had to post it.
I hope and pray that she’ll finally be found so that her poor parents can give her the dignified burial that she deserves.
I also hope the State government brings in the no body no parol legislation being championed by poor Hayley Dodd’s Mum

Wow!!! Can’t wait to find out what they have found!!!!

Think you can bet that next week will be postponed

Probably yes - good point

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

So to charge BRE with alleged murder of SS, do cops have :
1) evidence
2) a confession from BRE
3) someone else talked (as mentioned above)
OR
4) a body?

Maybe WAPOL have located SS and are keeping it super quiet!
Wouldn't that be a turn of events

Posts my opinion unless source included. All my original text/images are my personal copyright and can't be reproduced outside of WebSleuths without my permission.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Discussing the case of Sarah Spiers disappearance is now subject to Subjudice.

https://twitter.com/DrJM_Fernandez/status/966595576509865984

7c7e23bc95d4dbdbbb8de123eb7b4fc4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics