GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

I fully expected this outcome, but I'm so heartbroken for that little girl. Prayers to her and the family.

I am interested to hear the motive and exactly how this went down. LE sounds very confident with the level of evidence they have. Good for them. Again wondering if the liquor bottle and cell phone were left outside by him on purpose to stage the scene. Also wondering if this was premeditated in any way or heat of the moment.

Does anyone else find it odd that he killed her and left her in the street in front of their house for someone else to find? What was he thinking? Didn't call EMS and pretend it was an accident or try to move her body, etc. Just left her there for someone else to discover. Maybe he didn't care if he was caught, <modsnip>

Does anyone else find it odd that he killed her and left her in the street in front of their house for someone else to find? What was he thinking? Didn't call EMS and pretend it was an accident or try to move her body, etc. Just left her there for someone else to discover. Maybe he didn't care if he was caught,<modsnip>

It is odd. In my mind either he murdered her in the street (which would be very brazen) or he murdered her inside the home and tried to move her but was either spooked or too drunk to finish the job. I did look at the area around their home and there are still homes being built in that area. Maybe he was trying to move her body to a construction site? IMO the LE statement about evidence points to them finding blood stains/an attempt to clean up inside the home.

This is all pure speculation though.

Does anyone else find it odd that he killed her and left her in the street in front of their house for someone else to find? What was he thinking? Didn't call EMS and pretend it was an accident or try to move her body, etc. Just left her there for someone else to discover. Maybe he didn't care if he was caught, <modsnip>
Yes it is odd he'd leave her there instead of trying to hide her. I think he was sitting inside the home waiting on someone to find her because he came outside so quickly so it's not like he was passed out from drinking too much.

I think its odd too. But I wonder if he perhaps was just pretty drunk and not thinking clearly. Or maybe he killed her just before the girl came along and found her and there wasn't time to move Kate's body.

It&#8217;s super weird. I think that fact alone threw a lot of us off. I remember seeing a show, possibly Forensic Files, where a man had killed his parents with an axe, but the police were baffled because someone had walked out and got the newspaper and cooked breakfast early in the morning after the attack. It turned out that even though the Dad had been hit numerous times in the head with the axe....he did not die right away. When he regained consciousness, his brain went into auto pilot and he went on with his usual morning routine of getting the paper/making breakfast before finally succumbing to his injuries.

I wonder if something along those lines occurred here? For the husband to walk out of the house and say &#8220;What&#8217;s going on, that&#8217;s my wife?&#8221; While smoking a cigarette.....tells me he was either unaware that she wasn&#8217;t in the house or was in the middle of moving her but took a smoke break? IDK that is super weird.

I mean, if his plan was to say it was a drunken accident, her being outside naked would not make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am very curious to know if the head wound was immediately fatal OR had Kat been given the opportunity to receive medical treatment, if she could have perhaps survived the injury. That will be very telling to know if he knew she was almost immediately deceased or if he left her there to die. Either way, it’s not okay and he still deserves whatever comes to him from the legal system, but I do believe that will play a role in if his charges are 1st degree or 2nd degree murder. JMO

I am very curious to know if the head wound was immediately fatal OR had Kat been given the opportunity to receive medical treatment, if she could have perhaps survived the injury. That will be very telling to know if he knew she was almost immediately deceased or if he left her there to die. Either way, it’s not okay and he still deserves whatever comes to him from the legal system, but I do believe that will play a role in if his charges are 1st degree or 2nd degree murder. JMO

The difference between 1st/2nd degree here in CA is premeditation. Is that not true for Alabama?

It&#8217;s super weird. I think that fact alone threw a lot of us off. I remember seeing a show, possibly Forensic Files, where a man had killed his parents with an axe, but the police were baffled because someone had walked out and got the newspaper and cooked breakfast early in the morning after the attack. It turned out that even though the Dad had been hit numerous times in the head with the axe....he did not die right away. When he regained consciousness, his brain went into auto pilot and he went on with his usual morning routine of getting the paper/making breakfast before finally succumbing to his injuries.

I wonder if something along those lines occurred here? For the husband to walk out of the house and say &#8220;What&#8217;s going on, that&#8217;s my wife?&#8221; While smoking a cigarette.....tells me he was either unaware that she wasn&#8217;t in the house or was in the middle of moving her but took a smoke break? IDK that is super weird.

I mean, if his plan was to say it was a drunken accident, her being outside naked would not make sense.

I know exactly what episode you are referring to, I saw it too. Super creepy.
There seemed to be a fair amount of blood in the street. So if he did hit her inside the house and then she either stumbled out or he carried her out, there must have been a fair amount of blood inside the home as well.

The difference between 1st/2nd degree here in CA is premeditation. Is that not true for Alabama?

I am not certain what Alabama laws are. However, I do believe 1st degree is the same in most states-the crime must hold forethought and and willfulness of the accused. Some DA’s do however leave the charge at open murder. Premeditation can be applicable in just minutes before the crime is carried out though.

1st Degree in all states requires some degree of premeditation or some other factors to come into play. Where the injury aspect comes into play here is if the initial blow to the head was pretty much un-premeditated and she didn't die immediately, does the decision to not call for help and let her die then create the premeditation?

It’s super weird. I think that fact alone threw a lot of us off. I remember seeing a show, possibly Forensic Files, where a man had killed his parents with an axe, but the police were baffled because someone had walked out and got the newspaper and cooked breakfast early in the morning after the attack. It turned out that even though the Dad had been hit numerous times in the head with the axe....he did not die right away. When he regained consciousness, his brain went into auto pilot and he went on with his usual morning routine of getting the paper/making breakfast before finally succumbing to his injuries.

I wonder if something along those lines occurred here? For the husband to walk out of the house and say “What’s going on, that’s my wife?” While smoking a cigarette.....tells me he was either unaware that she wasn’t in the house or was in the middle of moving her but took a smoke break? IDK that is super weird.

Peter Porco was the victim... I remember that case (primarily because it was soooo unsettling).

I guess I'm gonna' remain baffled until someone (LE or DA) opts to share the evidence in KW's case.

how flippin' sad: hubby charged with murder of his own wife.
now he's left his daughter without parents...talk about traumatic.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/02/husband_of_kat_west_charged_wi.html

http://time.com/5170999/william-west-kathleen-west-murder/

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com...now-exactly-what-happened-in-kat-west-murder/

my heart breaks for the young daughter who's
now without parents (and what a burden to bear: kids can be so cruel).

like many on here, i agree that there was a imbalance in the looks category between them:
he's very plain and she's very attractive...(plus his job wasn't the most well paying so not the greatest sense
of 'power' there, to address the imbalance.)
with her hobby/side business i can't imagine most husbands being ok with it, with their wives engaging in such online behaviour, let alone being ok with the suggestive posts she'd no doubt receive on that cougar site...maybe things just boiled over with too much booze and he acted out. guess we'll know more at the trial in a bit...wonder if he'll plead guilty out of remorse (they were drinking that night weren't they).

still it's sad on many levels.

how flippin' sad: hubby charged with murder of his own wife.
now he's left his daughter without parents...talk about traumatic.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/02/husband_of_kat_west_charged_wi.html

http://time.com/5170999/william-west-kathleen-west-murder/

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com...now-exactly-what-happened-in-kat-west-murder/

my heart breaks for the young daughter who's
now without parents (and what a burden to bear: kids can be so cruel).

like many on here, i agree that there was a imbalance in the looks category between them:
he's very plain and she's very attractive...(plus his job wasn't the most well paying so not the greatest sense
of 'power' there, to address the imbalance.)
with her hobby/side business i can't imagine most husbands being ok with it, with their wives engaging in such online behaviour, let alone being ok with the suggestive posts she'd no doubt receive on that cougar site...maybe things just boiled over with too much booze and he acted out. guess we'll know more at the trial in a bit...wonder if he'll plead guilty out of remorse (they were drinking that night weren't they).

still it's sad on many levels.

Judging by the lack of displayed emotions from him, my guess is there isn’t much remorse, if any.

I have a feeling he encouraged or initiated her side business, and probably took the pics. She was not secretive about her name or where she lived, it wasn't like she was hiding it from him.

I noticed at the liquor store, it was her that paid for the items. that might not mean anything, but just something I noticed.

She seemed happy in the video, and full of life, so sad that shortly afterwards, that life would get snuffed out, and in such a horrible way.

I was undecided on this one. That poor little girl. I wonder if we will ever learn what happened that night...

Judging by the lack of displayed emotions from him, my guess is there isn&#8217;t much remorse, if any.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah i hear you on that one....but who knows...actually taking someone's life out of impulse, anger, jealousy
or whatever I'd like to hope is something that eventually eats at your soul/heart/mind like an insidious cancer over time.

It irks me to still see articles saying, "MOM WITH DOUBLE LIFE," etc. etc. Kat West did not live a double life. It was not a secret. She was not trying to hide it. She was a woman who was proud of her body and found a way to turn that into a job to earn extra income. Calling it a double life is just casting shade on a victim for no reason. You can be sexy and be a mom and family-woman. She was not some double agent slinking off to the shadows. Aggravating to see her constantly displayed that way.

With that being said, her husband clearly knew about it. It wasn't secret, as I said. I'm wondering if, he was initially on-board and then grew jealous about the attention she received from other men, maybe even about how much money she was making doing it. Maybe he felt like he was second string and that made him angry, and it all just boiled over in an alcohol fueled argument.

Whatever the case, her husband left her mostly nude, on the side of the road like a piece of garbage waiting for pickup. Sickening. I hope he pays dearly. I have seen his internet escapades, raging against the public and FB groups and media (going so far as to post the pictures and names of people in sleuth groups who dared to look in his direction on his page publicly). I've seen his profile picture updates and the pictures of Kat that he put up, trying to make himself appear the loving husband - even recently. What a real SOB. Parading around like he's a victim too, trying to garner sympathy.

My heart hurts for that little girl.

Some things just aren't right. He just walked back into the house when told his wife was dead, invited only a few people to the funeral and put her in an unmarked grave? Unless, there's a set time or delay for getting a headstone, maybe thats just not happened yet? Seems he has made no comments about her death, a bit unusual.

As others have said, she wasn't hiding anything. Even if she was, she isn't the first woman to earn money that way.

Feel bad for the little daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back