FL - 17 killed in Stoneman Douglas H.S. shooting, Parkland, 14 Feb 2018 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The psychological impact of having to take a life. Interesting read regarding combat as we discuss arming teachers.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/heart/themes/prep.html

“I think it is a very important thing to understand that when your friends are wounded or dead, it's a real loss. It's a loss of your friend that you trusted and you loved in a very intense way.

“When you personally take another life and you go up to that lifeless body with a hole in it and you look down on it, and you say, "I did that," I think it is a loss of yourself at the same time. And I think that [once] they understand that, they can't go back again. They can't say that it didn't happen, or [that] maybe somebody else did it.

“The enormous fire power that we are currently expending in our modern wars, from Vietnam onward, blurs the line considerably. Because if there's a massed fire and 2,000 rounds are going out at one time, who knows who shot who? But all we know is there's a lot of people in front of us that are dead. That absolves you of the responsibility of looking at that lifeless body and [seeing that] some mother, some son, some father, some uncle, is now dead.

“And that's different than not knowing. Knowing, I think, is the Rubicon. And they talk about it with sadness. It's not something that they're prideful of, it's a profound sadness.”

Not one single person other than Roxy and her ex boyfriend ‘Gold’. This is bizarre.

Why not any staff, ‘a’ staff member from the school? Zachary was still a student.

Is it typical for teachers to attend the funerals of their students parents? A had a few classmates lose parents on 9/11 and I don’t think staff attended their funerals. A couple years later I also had another classmate lose his mother during our senior year and I don’t recall any teachers attending the funeral. I could be wrong. But I feel like it would have been a known thing since the staff member would likely have to take a day off of work to attend.

Is it typical for teachers to attend the funerals of their students parents? A had a few classmates lose parents on 9/11 and I don’t think staff attended their funerals. A couple years later I also had another classmate lose his mother during our senior year and I don’t recall any teachers attending the funeral. I could be wrong. But I feel like it would have been a known thing since the staff member would likely have to take a day off of work to attend.
Here they do and have. I know quite a few teachers who have attended for their students parents. They still teach them and need to support children when they return to school. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I always went to funerals/calling hours for parents/siblings of students. If it was a student/family that had an ongoing relationship with the school even after the student graduated, I would go or another member of the school community would go.

It is surprising that given the setting NC being was in (alternative environment) that there was no one there.

Many teachers and the principal came to the funeral of my children's father.

Here they do and have. I know quite a few teachers who have attended for their students parents. They still teach them and need to support children when they return to school. Moo

Clearly Canada is different from the US in many ways, sorry if I wasn’t clear, but I was more referring to US practices.

Many teachers and the principal came to the funeral of my children's father.

Thanks for sharing and I’m sorry for your loss. I guess where I live I can’t imagine teachers being able to take a bereavement day if it isn’t a family member.

Lynda Marie Kumbavotich***Listed Croatia*** Birthplace New York

Born to Nikola Kumbavotich of Serbia and Gloria Campos Kumbavotich of Puerto Rico

One sibling. Brother- Nikola Jr, born in 1950, died in 2015. Has 5 children, 7 grands

Stepmother- Elsie Bernal Kumbavotich died in 2004

Ex husband: Robert Seda, marriage in 1968 (Lynda Marie Seda)

Husband: Roger Cruz, marriage in 2002. Death in 2004 (Lynda Marie Cruz)

Nikolas Jacob Cruz: child born 1998
————Cruz: child. Name is not listed, says ‘private’

If the genealogy is correct they were married only 2 years.

Clearly Canada is different from the US in many ways, sorry if I wasn’t clear, but I was more referring to US practices.
US practices? I live an hour from the border and they do things the same in upstate New York as they do in Toronto Canada lol the same in any border city. We are not located across the world from each other.

Wow- to transcript

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, WOW!
Did this just recently surface?

Verifying as I read it:
Snead has told NC he is going to invest the 25K for him?
Snead does not return 3 calls that are calls to check on NC?

It depends on when it is. If there is some kind of visitation before the funeral, it is usually later in the day.

Wooooowwwww that transcript!!!! I am surprised and glad they released it. Of course, coming from a mental health background, I immediately noticed the question format. Did you see how she kept asking does he just talk about it or does he have a plan to do it? It's very specific. I always tell everyone who is calling about a loved one that even though your natural instinct is to say the good things about rhem, you need to explain the very worst day and very worst behavior . Not lies, just honest in the worst moments. Otherwise, it doesn't make the cut of needing any sort of intervention.

Oh wow, that transcript.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It depends on when it is. If there is some kind of visitation before the funeral, it is usually later in the day.
Yes exactly. They usually have an evening visitation as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member