Match! OH - Strongsville, WhtFem UP15394, 15-25, in Rocky River, Feb'75 - Linda Pagano

I wish DNA Doe Project could look at her case
As of now the DNA testing making good progress considering the previous backlog.

Results are "expected in April," coming from Akron PD.

!

Hopefully the profile is sufficient enough that another agency doesn't need to try again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As of now the DNA testing making good progress considering the previous backlog.

Results are "expected in April," coming from Akron PD.

!

Hopefully the profile is sufficient enough that another agency doesn't need to try again.

Ice, you're back -- I thought you had dropped off of WS a while ago. So glad to see you, you've done so much work on this case. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ice, you're back -- I thought you had dropped off of WS a while ago. So glad to see you, you've done so much work on this case. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Can only do so much while waiting for results! I've just been lurking here, I post updates occasionally

I need to make a correction to the original post.

The date of death as listed on the cemetery index is February 5, 1974, not 1975. So they estimated she was deceased for up to one year when she was found on February 5, 1975. She was found in winter so I would hope they took that into account, meaning it could be longer. This narrows out a few suggestions already.

In regards to who handles the cold cases at the county coroner's, they're certainly making progress in the rape kit department..

I am attempting to contact the city of Strongsville now.

Yeah, I was wondering how many months since her death until her body is fully skeletonized. I am searching women that vanished in early 1974. I think we have to use a date range and not an exact point in time since for a completely skeletonized body forensics establish like "from 1 to 2 years since her death" or something like that

I found three cases from 1973 (some months before the early 1974 supossed murder date):
Sharon Pretorius (somebody already found her in other post) https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7424/0/
Hazel Cross: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20779/1/
Charlotte Brown: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7540/2/

Pretorius was 13 years old and Cross and Brown were in her twenties.
I believe all 3 women were looked in to, I know Sharon Pretorius for sure. I'm pretty sure Cross was too but I'm not familiar with her.

Charlotte Brown was my immediate guess as I was familiar with her case. While she's not been ruled out, it's unlikely due to age since the UID is younger, and if the mo is the same he'd have killed her by stabbing too. I'm not positive but aren't pregnancies able to be seen on the skeleton? I don't think they found marks if so.

Since we have a tentative match pending dna, I want to refrain from hoping it's these women or someone else. If -if- she's not a match, hopefully NamUs picks something up because I'd haven't a clue where to start next! Maybe Pennsylvania.

UPDATE 11-Jul-2018 I just got word from Linda Pagano's family that the DNA comparison came back, and this 1975 Strongsville Jane Doe is in fact Linda Pagano, and her family has been notified.

Linda's sister gave me the OK to make this announcement.

I'm marking this thread a WS Match. Even though the Akron PD detective was the first to notice the potential connection, the case would have never come to his attention if not for the curiosity of WS member Ice190.

Last edited:
I watched the presser, and was disappointed that they went around the horn to congratulate themselves, but didn’t say word #1 about the one person who was the prime mover in the resolution of this case - Christina Scates.

If not for Christina’s curiosity, today’s press conference would not have taken place.

I watched the presser, and was disappointed that they went around the horn to congratulate themselves, but didn’t say word #1 about the one person who was the prime mover in the resolution of this case - Christina Scates.

If not for Christina’s curiosity, today’s press conference would not have taken place.

at least the "lying media" gave her credit! :)

Typical cuyahoga county, they accomplish so little that when something goes right, everyone crawling up the ladder wants to take credit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back