Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing useful to add. I hate to see a missing case move beyond the first thread. It's a good chance it's going to be a long time before found, and long time before trial.

Someone was asking if the Dad or anyone had visited with Emily. I don't know. However, if she refuses to see them, then nothing can be done. She doesn't have to talk or meet with anyone, sadly.

Done.
This forum has meant so much to me for so long.
Thank you for all you do, Tricia

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ditto!!! On it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addressing other posts but OT: Been through a spouse's addiction and I learned the true adage "you didn't cause it, you can't control it and you can't cure it".
You can not enable them and "love them to death" either.
He died a month ago in my home from an overdose. I was gone and found him days later.
Everyone who refuses to enable is 100% correct.
jmho
ETA: we'd known each other over 35 years and been divorced a long time. Was letting him stay here because he was working a new job in this town. Nothing romantic but still hurt. Had no clue he was using. Frankly when I found him I yelled @him.

I'm so sorry for what everyone has gone through. Like Chihuahua, my children's dad used... seventeen years of our lives. Used tough love with him and he also died a few months later..in a field with a needle in his arm. I've questioned myself many, many times and the what ifs will kill you. I have no doubt that if I'd let him stay with us, we would have had the same results only one of the children might have found him. Very sad to love an addict and very sad to be one. He wanted to be a dad but all he could see were his drugs. Everyone who has been through this is a survivor and strong.
Tricia I will do whatever I can. You know you have my wholehearted support.
Sorry for the OT...back to Lucas. IF EG is a narcissist and wants everything to be about her, imo the best way to get her to talk is what they are doing. Strip her of the attention. Stop talking to her and about her. When she sees people no longer are interested in what she has to say, she will HAVE to say something new to bring the focus back on her. She won't be able to stand it if she is not the center of attention.
I hate typing on my phone so excuse my mistakes.. hopefully I put something of value in there.
No one is giving up. I promise.

Officer Charley Davidson with the Wichita Police Department said Tuesday morning that about 100 law enforcement officials are helping in the search for Lucas.

"We are going to be there as long as it takes," Officer Davidson said. "Right now, our concern is to find Lucas."

Since the weekend, teams have searched Chisholm Creek Park, Dr Glen Day Park, Harrison Park and the boy's neighborhood. Authorities are planning more searches, but Davidson did not say where.

Although people want to start search parties, Davidson said the department has adequate resources to search. He said the best thing people can do is submit tips by calling (316) 383-4661.

http://abc7chicago.com/stepmother-appears-in-court-amid-frantic-search-for-missing-boy/3150358/

Addressing other posts but OT: Been through a spouse's addiction and I learned the true adage "you didn't cause it, you can't control it and you can't cure it".
He died a month ago in my home from an overdose. I was gone and found him days later.
jmho
ETA: we'd known each other over 35 years and been divorced a long time. Was letting him stay here because he was working a new job in this town. Nothing romantic but still hurt. Had no clue he was using. Frankly when I found him I yelled @him.
I'm so sorry....although our heads tell us truths, our hearts want to ignore. I admire your strength....

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry for what everyone has gone through. Like Chihuahua, my children's dad used... seventeen years of our lives. Used tough love with him and he also died a few months later..in a field with a needle in his arm. I've questioned myself many, many times and the what ifs will kill you. I have no doubt that if I'd let him stay with us, we would have had the same results only one of the children might have found him. Very sad to love an addict and very sad to be one. He wanted to be a dad but all he could see were his drugs. Everyone who has been through this is a survivor and strong.
Tricia I will do whatever I can. You know you have my wholehearted support.
Sorry for the OT...back to Lucas. IF EG is a narcissist and wants everything to be about her, imo the best way to get her to talk is what they are doing. Strip her of the attention. Stop talking to her and about her. When she sees people no longer are interested in what she has to say, she will HAVE to say something new to bring the focus back on her. She won't be able to stand it if she is not the center of attention.
I hate typing on my phone so excuse my mistakes.. hopefully I put something of value in there.
No one is giving up. I promise.
In so sorry for your loss....love is endless.

I agree with your perspective of EG. Once she is ignored, LE will find out more.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I don't think that headline means that they are giving up...in fact I KNOW it doesn't. You guys know how the news stations are......

LE will NEVER give up trying to find Lucas.

NEVER.
Plus, the article specifically says they're no longer searching the parks. They had previously stated that the searches there were from very specific tips in very specific locations. I absolutely fully believe they are not slacking off on this case.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GigTu, there are no vehicles parked outside, but there is no telling what is in the garage so we still don't have an answer as to whether her vehicle was seized.

I think the timing of EG’s parents statement is significant. They made a statement the evening prior to EG’s arrest. I’m thinking they saw or suspected something on the 16th and when Lucas went missing they put two and two together and they did the right thing by telling LE. I have nothing more to base by opinion on just the timing of their statement. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This case is messing with my head.

I got literally less than an hour's sleep last night, all I could do was think about the case. Then, as I started to drift off to sleep my body jerked up and I had a little "flash" and saw Lucas lying facedown in one of those ridged silvery tunnel things. EG was kneeling in the shallow water facing the road, and the tunnel entrance was to her right, and it had been awkward for her to get him pushed inside, just to try to get him in over the grooves, as far in as her arm would reach. I felt sheer evil in the midst. It was awful. This is taking me to dark places I don't want to go. :(

I see now why some of you fellow WS'ers have to take a break sometimes. It may come to that soon for me if this continues.

I totally understand. All missing cases are hard, but the children- oh, the children, do me in every time. I can't leave until I know Lucas has been found. Afterwards, I think I'm due for another break. Between little Raul found drowned in a pond, little Heidi kidnapped but thankfully found safe a day later, and now little Lucas, which is taking more time to find him than Raul and Heidi's missing times put together, I just don't think I can take another baby missing's case, no matter what the circumstances.

This one has hit me the hardest, because of the abuse allegations from the start. Heidi I was petrified she'd never been seen again, and was so relieved she was found. Raul also had issues of a not so decent home life with abuse against a step father towards the daughter and mother's abuse charges were dropped. Lucas.......ugh, this poor baby. Going from home to home, from ok, to good, to the worst, and try as the family members may, they were powerless to stop the abuse, in spite of reporting it and taking pictures.

I just need to know he's found, and that answers are forthcoming, and whoever is involved is behind bars. We know one is behind bars, but we just might be surprised by another arrest or two coming soon.

Which makes me wonder...IF she was drugging, did she have shady visitors coming over as we have seen in other cases such as Bella's, etc...dealers, people to use with...hmmmm...
She had st least one visitor. The neighbor saw her put smoking with a man before Lucas was reported missing.

If it meant that he felt absolutely no pain or suffering while she killed him, then I hope she did drug him. That poor darling suffered enough abuse, he deserves, at the very least, as peaceful of an ending as possible.

I am trying to hard not to hate her.......but it's getting hard for me not to.
This...

There is no telling who she has had in the house around both children. If she is being supplied drugs is she looking the other way for people? Or just not seeing?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
Perhaps the child endangerment to the 1 year old is based on this type of evidence...

Are we sure the child endangerment from 4-6 pm on the 16th is directly related to the drug use? Or is it possible those are two separate issues that came about during the investigation?

Also, if the drug use is in relation to the endangerment charges, why no drug charges as well?

Maybe after she purchased the drugs, she either used them already and disposed of the evidence she used (needles, etc), before LE came to the house.

MOO, But I’m firmly in the camp that believes LE knows much more than they’re letting on. I’ve followed this case more closely than others, so my feeling could very well be wrong, but I can’t help but wonder if there was more to the search at Chisholm Creek Park on the 23rd than what they’re letting on. It seems like the LE presence was much heavier and lingered on longer than the rest. Again, just some thoughts I had, but there is probably nothing to them...

jmho

I am so sorry! How horrible for you to find him like that. Hugs. :hug: :rose:

Perhaps the child endangerment to the 1 year old is based on this type of evidence...

An article I posted earlier stated that the complaint was related to drug use so we can be pretty certain - it’s probably several pages back now but I can go find and repost!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member