TX - Maarib Al Hishmawi, 16, abused, San Antonio, 30 Jan 2018 *Charges dropped*

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Maarib Al Hishmawi was last seen leaving William Howard Taft High School at 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 30, authorities said.

Officials said the investigation revealed the teen may have been physically abused by someone she knew and authorities are focused both on finding her and ensuring she is in a safe environment.

"We understand it's been a recurring issues for her," Assistant Chief Deputy Ronald Bennett said. "This is not a typical missing 16-year-old."
bbm

Al Hishmawi is described as 5 feet, 5 inches tall and about 150 pounds. She has a light complexion, black hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing jeans, a white jacket with black piping, light-colored pump heels and a black and white floral hijab.

https://m.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...onio-girl-missing-12713975.php#photo-15148072
b934d489349f8fdbdeb78df551f58bd4.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Missing teen's father denies abuse allegations, desperate to bring daughter home

SAN ANTONIO -- 16-year-old Maarib Al Hishmawi hasn't been seen since January 30th. "Please help me, everytime we go into her room, we cry," said Abdulah Hishmawi, the teen's father.

Both the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and FBI are investigating Maarib's disapperance. "There may be physcial abuse invovled in her family, and I cannot speculate on who or where, " said authorities.

Hishmawi denies the abuse allegations surrounding his only daughter, "nobody abused my daughter." Hishmawi went on to say he did tell police about a possible arranged marriage in the works between Maarib and a family friend from Dallas. The teen's father says the man is around 25 years old and first meet the family last May when Maarib was 15 years old.

Read more: http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/exclusive-missing-teens-father-denies-abuse-allegations-desperate-to-find-daughter

An arranged marriage for a 25 year old and a 16 year old... I bet she doesn't want to do it so she ran away. IMO. I hope she's safe... [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

An arranged marriage for a 25 year old and a 16 year old... I bet she doesn't want to do it so she ran away. IMO. I hope she's safe... [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Is there no law against forcing your daughter into a marriage? There definitely should be. I don't blame her if she ran away. Hopefully, Maarib is safe.

Actually Governor Abbott signed a bill in 2016.
Family Code: Chapter 1:
Sec. 2.003. APPLICATION FOR LICENSE BY MINOR. (a) A person under 18 years of age may not marry unless the person has been granted by this state or another state a court order removing the disabilities of minority of the person for general purposes.

(b) In addition to the other requirements provided by this chapter, a person under 18 years of age applying for a license must provide to the county clerk:

(1) a court order granted by this state under Chapter 31 removing the disabilities of minority of the person for general purposes; or

(2) if the person is a nonresident minor, a certified copy of an order removing the disabilities of minority of the person for general purposes filed with this state under Section 31.007.

I'm really worried about this girl. :(

EXCLUSIVE: Missing teen's father denies abuse allegations, desperate to bring daughter home

SAN ANTONIO -- 16-year-old Maarib Al Hishmawi hasn't been seen since January 30th. "Please help me, everytime we go into her room, we cry," said Abdulah Hishmawi, the teen's father.

Both the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and FBI are investigating Maarib's disapperance. "There may be physcial abuse invovled in her family, and I cannot speculate on who or where, " said authorities.

Hishmawi denies the abuse allegations surrounding his only daughter, "nobody abused my daughter." Hishmawi went on to say he did tell police about a possible arranged marriage in the works between Maarib and a family friend from Dallas. The teen's father says the man is around 25 years old and first meet the family last May when Maarib was 15 years old.

Read more: http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/exclusive-missing-teens-father-denies-abuse-allegations-desperate-to-find-daughter

bbm ^Above^
It says possible and in the works. It doesn't say at what age? Thinking and hoping not now but maybe in the future. She may not have agreed to marry this person and left. Moo

shades of Banaz Mahmod and Shafilea Ahmed, to name just 2, there are many...

Any developments?

I've been worried a lot about Maarib. It seems like she is in a very bad situation.

[h=1]Father believes someone harmed teenage daughter missing since Jan. 30[/h]Fast Facts:

- Maarib Al Hishmawi disappeared Jan. 30. The 16-year-old Taft High School student never returned home from school.

- Her father, Abdulah Hishmawi, grew frustrated with local law enforcement’s slow response to his daughter’s case and contacted the FBI for help.

- The family arrived in the U.S. from Iraq more than two years ago. Abdulah Hishmawi was a linguist for the U.S. in Iraq.

- Maarib has five younger brothers. Her family says she was doing well in school, assimilating to living in America and knows English well. They never had any issues with her behavior other than typical teenage troubles.

- Maarib’s family said she complained about being made fun of because of her clothing and hijab.

- Hishmawi said in his culture, people only disappear because of circumstances with war and violence. He disputes authorities’ vague claims that Maarib was a victim of physical abuse.

• What Abdulah Hishmawi is saying:

“Something is wrong. My daughter, she got kidnapped or she is harmed. Somebody take her. Something is wrong.”
    “She had trouble with some students in school. They talked about her hijab, talk bad about her clothes. One day they pushed her on the floor.”
    “Please, Maarib, if you’re still alive, we love you. We like you. We miss you. Please come back home; go to police. If someone torture you or kidnap you, do something to come home. We really love you. Every day, we cry in your room.”

https://www.ksat.com/news/father-believes-someone-harmed-teenage-daughter-missing-since-jan-30

Its really unfortunate that Maarib was bullied because of her hijab but I don't think its relevant at all to her disappearance.

Wondering where the accusations of family abuse come from.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: nao
bumping. Where is Maarib? I hardly think bullying classmates killed her.

Just a random thought... if she took off her headscarf and put on a little makeup she could nearly disappear in a crowd. She would look like any other teenage girl. That's all completely hypothetical, if she decided to leave and not marry the guy het parents picked out. I'm really worried about her cause i don't know where she could have gone that would be safe.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I do not believe it would be unreasonable for a 16 year old, that was either being abused or being forced into marriage to run away to try and create a new life. That said, honor killings are common in her native culture as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back