Tapatalk issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much everyone. I had to remove Tapatalk and reinstall. It was driving me crazy. It did also happen when a thread closed and a new one was started.
I was able to login and carry on as usual directly on WS but on Tapatalk it was like I wasn't logged in but I was and showed I was. Gahhh.
Thanks again everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had something like that this morning, also. It was the Kala and Charlie thread being shut down to move to and open a new thread. I was unable to like or post on old thread but on the new thread no problem.

Did Tapatalk do a recent update?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is around when it happened to me as well. I went to like a post and couldn't nor post any replies. I thought I was banned hahah. Wheww was scary.

May I ask a Tapatalk question? Sometimes I get extra notifications, pop up on phone/tablet when someone posts.

How do I turn off notifications and still follow cases?

Clear as mud?
Thanks!!

ETA- I don't see a banner above the case threads to manage notifications. This thread has it but do the case threads? (I feel so stupid!)

May I ask a Tapatalk question? Sometimes I get extra notifications, pop up on phone/tablet when someone posts.

How do I turn off notifications and still follow cases?

Clear as mud?
Thanks!!

ETA- I don't see a banner above the case threads to manage notifications. This thread has it but do the case threads? (I feel so stupid!)

Don't feel bad. Tapatalk is tricky until you're used to it. You turn off Tapatalk notifications from the Tapatalk settings. If you're on the TTmain page where the forums you follow are listed, WS, etc, in the upper right hand corner you will see three bars. Click them to get to your settings.

I do not use Tapatalk myself, but have seen occasional requests for help from fellow WSers. I have started saving tips the people post, and thought this might be a good place to share them. I am sorry I did not save the names of the posters who contributed their tips, but you are thanked. Here they are; hope they are helpful.

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]-- click on the three dots for a menu (does not have the edit feature)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]---- TO DELETE MESSEAGES WHILE ON TAPATALK; [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Go to your inbox page. Click on a message you want to delete. In the top right hand corner of the page, there are three dots. Click on those and you get several options, delete included. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]You'll then need to do the process again from your sent list.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]===[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]----[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]ALERT FEATURE[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]: [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]*If you click on the post 3 small dots appear on the right hand side . it has the report option [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]*Tap the post you are reporting and it will highlight (it goes blue on my phone) and you will see 3 dots in the right corner. When you click on them, one of the options will be report. Select it. Type over the default This is Spam with your concern and send.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]*Tapatalk report function works by tapping the post you want to report the selecting the "more" button then "report"[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]===
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]accidentally follow someone? WS Suglo suggested:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]The default setting is that it will follow anyone you reply to and I think it also has a setting to follow anyone whose post you thank. You can go in and change it so it doesn't do that.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]In the settings it has an auto follow tab that has different settings. You can change them there[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]TO EDIT[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]: I can double-tap my post to raise a new menu of choices at the top of the screen. One of those choices features an edit icon.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]UNTHANK A POST [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Right hand corner....Web view...unthank and go back[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]===[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

trying to figure out how to uninstall it.. they don't make it easy

I keep accidentally liking posts while using Tapatalk. Arghh I can't seem to figure out how to unlike them

And can't edit the title to this post sorry liking / unliking

Tapatalk is primarily designed to provide improved forum access for mobile platforms over access provided by the forum software itself. The application was originally designed for Android but now also supports iOS and Windows Phone. Tapatalk allows the user to have a unified interface to access multiple forums at the same time.

I keep accidentally liking posts while using Tapatalk. Arghh I can't seem to figure out how to unlike them

And can't edit the title to this post sorry liking / unliking

I can't either. You have to go to the web to unlike a post as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can anyone help me with reporting posts in tapatalk? When I first joined I was unable to. Several months ago the ability to report appeared under the little 3 dots in the upper right corner. Lately, however, the option is no longer available. Am I missing something obvious?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Can anyone help me with reporting posts in tapatalk? When I first joined I was unable to. Several months ago the ability to report appeared under the little 3 dots in the upper right corner. Lately, however, the option is no longer available. Am I missing something obvious?

Mine has gone too. It might have updated recently and dropped off?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Mine has gone too. It might have updated recently and dropped off?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
Thank you, I wondered about an update, as well.

I assume we are all using Tapatalk.

Since the report thingie went away I highlight and choose open in browser and alert via the website.

I assume we are all using Tapatalk.

Since the report thingie went away I highlight and choose open in browser and alert via the website.
I do this too....when I can remember my password. :)

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I updated my Tapatalk by accident a few weeks ago. Big mistake. There is no like option now. I feel like such a rude poster for not liking comments. I don’t like replying to them all as it’s takes up space. Common Tapatalk I’m Canadian. We say thank you and sorry for everything. This is torture lol.

So ya don’t do the update. Or do it so you don’t have the option. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member