Gun Control Debate #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As would most people but the gun grabbers would have you think otherwise. If you're pro second amendment you must not have any empathy for the victims.

Pro-Second Amendment and Pro-high capacity rapid fire weapon ban are not mutually exclusive. People can be in support of both.

I'm confused. Can you please compare and contrast the US and Brazil from your graphs in a sentence to reiterate what your point is? TIA. [emoji18]

Brazil has a massive crime problem. So more people being shot with fewer guns. I believe that number also does not include illegally owned guns. So the actual number of guns owned, is probably much higher.

i have some questions. i think i know where you are going, i just want you to say it

1. what is an assault rifle?
2. define high capacity magazines.
3. what are gun show/private sales?

Have you read back through all the previous posts in this thread? These have all been discussed, and not everyone agrees with each other/s interpretations.

What was my argument? I showed a graph that shows that the US has more gun deaths than anywhere else in that graph. That in itself should be chilling to any US citizen. You can ignore that fact all you want. But there are nearly as many mass shootings as days in the year, for the past five years in the US. That cannot be ignored.
Yeah, no that isn't what your graph says, because Brazil. That's why I was asking what your point was. I'm so past that now.[emoji111]

As would most people but the gun grabbers would have you think otherwise. If you're pro second amendment you must not have any empathy for the victims.
It seemed to me that the issue wasn't supporting the second amendment but more the tantrummy, foot stomping insistence that "it's my right" seemingly should put a stop to any discussion. I think maybe people get turned off to a discussion when it becomes similar to one might have with a toddler?

Rights come with responsibilies. "Because I can" ceases to be an acceptable reason when children are dying on the regular. Imo

Yeah, no that isn't what your graph says, because Brazil. That's why I was asking what your point was. I'm so past that now.[emoji111]

Cool. Lets scroll and roll

The "guns don't kill people...." argument is a black and white fallacy in any case.

Just thought I would put this graph in here too

attachment.php

According to your chart there appears to be more gun deaths in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Croatia and Brazil per 100,000 in relation to gun ownership per 100.

I'll admit I did comment after I had posted the graph that I said the US had more shootings. That was a mistake I made several posts after posting the initial graph. However my point in the first place was to show HOW MANY shootings the US has compared with other countries. I didn't say initially that the US had the worst rate, but surely the number of shootings is the thing that is important, not whether you are top or second in the graph. That in itself should wake people up to the fact that guns are killing far too many people in the US because gun control in it's present state isn't working.

According to your chart there appears to be more gun deaths in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Croatia and Brazil in relation to gun ownership per 100,000.

Sorry, what? The gun ownership is counted in hundreds.

The gun deaths are per hundred thousand people in the country. You are second only in the list to Brazil for gun deaths per 100,000 people.

update Dalton Police
[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/DaltonPD/status/968973076284301313[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]More

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Jesse Randal Davidson has been charged with aggravated assault, carrying weapon on school grounds, terroristic threats, reckless conduct, possession of gun during commission of a crime, and disrupting public school.
[/FONT]

Sorry, what? The gun ownership is counted in hundreds.

The gun deaths are per hundred thousand people in the country. You are second only in the list to Brazil for gun deaths per 100,000 people.

rbbm

You're right, my bad. Thanks! I fixed my post.

I still stand by my post that there are more gun deaths in the countries I listed in relationship to guns owned.

rbbm

You're right, my bad. Thanks! I fixed my post.

I still stand by my post that there are more gun deaths in the countries I listed in relationship to guns owned.

But there are still more gun deaths per 100,000 people than anywhere but Brazil in the US. By a long way in most cases.

It seemed to me that the issue wasn't supporting the second amendment but more the tantrummy, foot stomping insistence that "it's my right" seemingly should put a stop to any discussion. I think maybe people get turned off to a discussion when it becomes similar to one might have with a toddler?

Rights come with responsibilies. "Because I can" ceases to be an acceptable reason when children are dying on the regular. Imo

You are absolutely right.

I climb the walls when I hear someone say “because I can” or “ it’s my right”. I find that to be an arrogant, snotty way of responding. It is usually meant to provoke and does nothing to encourage sensible debate or discussion. But then, I like to think I will eventually find the people willing and able to discuss issues with a goal of comparing views and with compromise being an option. When it starts out as just “I’m standing firm and will not listen” then it’s rarely worth the effort to have a conversation.

and totally O/T: I tried to send a note, but “too full”. Your avatar is beautiful!!

If I am out in my garden and a bobcat comes, should I take out my fiver and shoot into the lantana? Should I worry about if there is anyone around or should I simply blast into the wild?

Please put members on ignore if they are irritating you rather than engage and then start alerting.

Ignore and Scroll.

Different opinions are welcome as long as they are within our Terms of Service.

Tricia

If I am out in my garden and a bobcat comes, should I take out my fiver and shoot into the lantana? Should I worry about if there is anyone around or should I simply blast into the wild?
You are clever and hilarious, human!

No, you should not go in firing, but assess the situation for risks.

:Loveyou:

I'd feed him nuts and fruit and give him a name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak