MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am honestly unsure. I thought he was going to kill me twice. I doubt i am the one you have posted about because j have only shared my story with facebook friends and a officer. I feel like maybe he has a fear of being rejected and alone. When he freaked out on me he kept telling me he needed me and he was nothing without me. From what happend to me i learned he goes from 0 to 100 in seconds if you tell him you are over him or do not want to be his. About the kid thing.. He tried to use a baby to make me stay with him.

I am honestly unsure. I thought he was going to kill me twice. I doubt i am the one you have posted about because j have only shared my story with facebook friends and a officer. I feel like maybe he has a fear of being rejected and alone. When he freaked out on me he kept telling me he needed me and he was nothing without me. From what happend to me i learned he goes from 0 to 100 in seconds if you tell him you are over him or do not want to be his. About the kid thing.. He tried to use a baby to make me stay with him.

Hi, Violetmoonbaby! :welcome:

I appreciate you sharing with us here! I've always thought that Kylr has some major, deep-seated issues with attachment, jealousy, possessiveness, and rage, and what you're saying just confirms this further. Also, like you said, a fear of being rejected and alone. Childhood trauma and environment helps fuels things like personality disorders, and if you ask me, he's got a few.

It's like he's a spider luring his prey into a web and when the prey tries to leave, he goes into extreme mental and emotional distress and can't handle the rejection. Regardless, you are lucky to be alive and I'm glad you survived the hell he put you through.

I'm sure that in retrospect, it's a chilling realization that you were with someone who appears to have the potential to be a serial killer. I can't imagine what you are going through, or went through with him. This is a safe place, though, so feel free to share (just also be careful as others have said, you never know if you may be asked to testify). Have you recently spoken with law enforcement? Your testimony could potentially be used to cement things in a trial, at least as far as personality traits and such. Any little bit could help.

It can't be easy to deal with all of this. Thanks for being brave enough to share.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/36935199/plea-hearing-postponed-for-kylr-yusts-half-brother-jessep-carter

[h=3]Plea hearing postponed for Kylr Yust's half-brother, Jessep Carter[/h]
Carter is facing charges of resisting during a traffic stop the same day Runions burned vehicle was found but had been released on his own recognizance in early June.
About an hour into proceedings on Monday, his attorney notified the court that Carter had surgery of some sort and would not be in attendance.
"The court demanded that his attorney provide some documentation of that," said Henry county prosecuting attorney Richard Shield. "And if he didn't provide or if his attorney didn't provide it, then there would be a warrant issued—so we're still waiting."
If Carter does provide that documentation, the next time he will be in court is Dec. 11 at 10 a.m. Otherwise, a warrant will be issued for his arrest.

Thursday, December 28th:
*Pretrial hearing (@ 9am CT) - MO - Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) - Kylr Charles Yust (28/18 in 2007) was charged with burning Jessica's car - trial was set to begin Oct. 23rd; now charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse. Felony charges were dismissed on Oct. 5th, with new murder charges instead. 10/13 Update: hearing was held on Oct. 10th (not the 13th) - $1 million bond/Judge entered "not guilty plea"; next hearing Dec. 28th

:judge:

"Katelynn Farris, another one of Kylr’s ex-girlfriends stated:

“He basically opened up to me and told me that they had been dating and that he really did love her and she basically explained to him that she didn’t want to be with him anymore, and he said he kind of just freaked out,” said Farris, reports*Crime Watch Daily. “Things got a little physical and the next thing he knew is she wasn’t breathing.”

Katelynn has also told the above story to Kara’s family and the authorities."

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica....missing-girl-gets-probation-for-killing-cats/

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I can't believe this guy's grandfather stood at the door and protected him like that. When the reporter knock on the door, I would have thrown him right outside.

I can't believe this guy's grandfather stood at the door and protected him like that. When the reporter knock on the door, I would have thrown him right outside.

If it's any consolation, it seems that all of Kylr's defenders and protectors have all scattered. No one to defend him in the media, no one to bail him out, no one to sit in court in a show of a support for him.

At this point, his supporters have all been shut up in the face of damning evidence, or they still support him but fear opening their mouths because it may somehow get them involved in a capital murder case.

In the grandfather's case, I've been harsh on him at times but Kylr put him in a horrible position. He defended Kylr back then because that's what you do for people you love. I think he cared for Kylr as if he were his own child, put his heart into him, prayed for him, and honestly believed after Kylr came home from prison last year that he was doing better. And then one morning, that entire illusion came crashing down on him. Like everyone else who hadn't faced facts before, he's had to come to terms with the idea that his grandson is a killer and a sociopath. It took finding the girls to make him see the real truth of who Kylr is. Now that he knows, I doubt we'll be hearing any more words of protection and support for Kylr coming from him.

Aside from his public defender, Kylr stands alone. He's not going down without a fight, but I'd wager that he will go down on his own, without any support from anyone he once called friend.

I had added on a couple of posts to this thread and they have been removed since this morning. Not sure why.

Thursday, March 1st:
*Pretrial hearing (@ 9am CT) - MO - Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) - Kylr Charles Yust (28/18 in 2007) indicted (10/10/17) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse. Pled not guilty; on $1M cash only bond. Was charged with burning Jessica's car - trial was set to begin Oct. 23, 2017; felony charges were dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017, with new murder charges instead. Trial date may be set today.

I had added on a couple of posts to this thread and they have been removed since this morning. Not sure why.

I saw them! We have to be careful about stating names of anyone outside the case even if they deserve the scrutiny. I remember some discussion about Kylr's highschool buddies on one of Kara's threads so there is definitely something to that - I imagine we will be hearing from them soon enough. Without being too specific, do you believe it is possible there are even more people involved beyond JC and KY with Kara's murder?

http://www.kctv5.com/story/37627390/kylr-yust-appears-in-court-waives-preliminary-hearing

https://www.kshb.com/news/crime/yus...opetsky-jessica-runions-moves-closer-to-trial

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article202838674.html

Kylr Yust, charged with killing two local women, was in court this morning and waived his preliminary hearing.

Earlier this week, his attorneys filed a motion asking that Yust be allowed to wear civilian clothes while in court:

“Mr. Yust's case has received a uniquely high level of publicity over the course of more than ten years. His court appearances frequently receive media coverage which is not given to other cases or other defendants. Due to this unusual and unique amount of media coverage, Mr. Yust is likely to be prejudiced in a way that other defendants are not if required to wear jail garb to court appearances.”

Prosecutors representing the state responded to the defense team, countering that "no other inmate is permitted to dress in civilian clothes at court appearances, unless it is at the jury trial."

In the the article from KSHB:

The next hearing is set for 1:30 p.m. on June 18.

:tyou: Vail for those article links!

Yes, no doubt I'm convinced the person in question knew at least knew something, whether he had a direct relation to their murders is up for debate. The remains were found close to the person in question family's residence. When I asked him a few questions, let's just say he was being less than truthful.

Unidentified remains have just been found about 10 miles from where Jessica and Kara were found:
CASS COUNTY, Mo. — A mushroom hunter has found human remains, and now, investigators want to know the identity of the victim.

The hunter found the remains in an area north of Harrisonville, between 235th & 239th streets near Mopac Road.
The sheriff’s office has about 40 deputies and recruits conducting a ground search for evidence.

In April 2017, mushroom hunters discovered the remains of missing women Jessica Runions and Kara Kopetsky. Those remains were found in a rural location approximately 10 miles to the west of the location of the latest discovery — there’s been no established link between the latest discovery and any current missing persons cases.

The Cass County Sheriff’s Office says dozens of crews will be out most of Saturday conducting a search for evidence, and are asking people to stay away from that area.
http://fox4kc.com/2018/04/28/mushroom-hunter-discovers-human-remains-in-rural-cass-county/

BBM. Putting this here because Jessica and Kara were mentioned in the article. I also thought some posters on this thread might know who is still missing from the area. Here's the UID Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ods-near-S-Mopac-Rd-in-Harrisonville-Apr-2018

Just
bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

in 15 more days...

Monday, June 18th:

*Arraignment Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) – Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse; pled not guilty; $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car. Trial was set to begin Oct. 23, 2017; felony charges dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017. 3/1/18 waived his prelim hearings, will have formal arraignment today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong