Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids had plenty of bruises and cuts and scrapes. They played and played rough sometimes.

I never said that if a child gets hurt then the parent is 'bad.' If so we would all be bad parents. My little grand daughter has a deep scratch across her cheek right now. She just learned not to corner the Kitty Cat in the laundry room. Lesson learned.

But if Lucas was 'always' getting injuries from playing with older cousins, then he shouldn't have been playing with them, unsupervised in the back of a truck, in my opinion. Sorry if that seems judgmental. It just seems more like common sense to me. If it was a one time thing, then it would be understandable. But it seems like it was a terrible pattern that could have been prevented with some basic common sense.

Because if the kitty were to repeatedly scratch or bite your granddaughter, they would be kept separate so that could not happen again.

Common sense. Repeated injuries coinciding with a person/animal/location/activity should be prevented. By eliminating whatever the cause of the repeated injury is.

Certainly there are times that's not possible. Like a child with an overbite might repeatedly bite their lip. However if they are repeatedly biting their lip because they fell down while tripping over garbage on the floor.... that can be at least reduced by cleaning up.

Absolutely kids should be kids. However, precautions should be taken to ensure they survive being kids.

Off topic: Social media comments are extra ridiculous tonight. I actually just googled “Arkensaw River” thinking that maybe that was actually the name (and spelling) of some local river that I know nothing about. Now I’m just ashamed of my browser history.

LOL, thank you for that much needed comic relief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids had plenty of bruises and cuts and scrapes. They played and played rough sometimes.

I never said that if a child gets hurt then the parent is 'bad.' If so we would all be bad parents. My little grand daughter has a deep scratch across her cheek right now. She just learned not to corner the Kitty Cat in the laundry room. Lesson learned.

But if Lucas was 'always' getting injuries from playing with older cousins, then he shouldn't have been playing with them, unsupervised in the back of a truck, in my opinion. Sorry if that seems judgmental. It just seems more like common sense to me. If it was a one time thing, then it would be understandable. But it seems like it was a terrible pattern that could have been prevented with some basic common sense.
Where did the unsupervised part of the non event because it most likey is a lie come from? Today I watched a six year old fall 3 times in two minutes on a front stoop. I thouhgt it weird, and sat her down to ask her if she was alright . I was right beside her when it happened, but her calf is scrapped and her knee is bruised . I have no clue why she fell.

First I'll just say this when i seen this come to light today it didnt surprise me one bit as i have held back my thoughts about JH this entire time on WS but trust me Ive definitely have voiced them to people whom i talk to about this case with cause to me since the beginning something seemed off but thats moo. Also Ive again seen people questioning the timeline as far as when JH was home or when he left to go back to work and so this incident is said to have happened on Feb.4th and again as i had previously noted back a few threads ago I still find it odd that no one else mentions that JHs bday was Feb. 7th the SAME day that EG states they had moved into their new house (which could just be a coincidence :thinking:) but id still find it very odd that JH didnt either receive a phone call or face time with Lucas for him to say happy birthday to his dad... and if he did i still dont get why JH never mentioned it in the plead for Lucas interview cause to me that would have been something fresh in his mind and something that if JH hadnt been home for a couple days (if incident is correct JH would have only been gone for 2 days before his bday) but it was only 10 days after when Lucas was reported missing so to me that seems like something i would have recalled and spoke about since it was something that had happen while he was away just before the disappearance unless in fact JH was home again before Lucas disappeared.

So anyways I tried to screen shot and pause the video so i could read the court docs for myself after watching the video this is the best that i could do but...it does in fact state that the incident occurred on the 4th of Feb. and the affidavit was signed on the 28th of Feb. (IMO the date the affidavit is signed is the date the doc was filed)

ALSO another thing i noticed while doing this was that tells me these docs where filed AFTER the news broke about Lucas disappearance is states in the docs

"On Saturday, February.17,2018, I saw on the news that the respondent reported that her boyfriend's son, Lucas Hernandez, age 5 years old, went missing while in her care."

so this tills us that the report was INDEED filed AFTER the disappearance.... this was also reported in the docs after the notation of Lucas missing...

"I called the respondent concerning her parenting time that was scheduled for the next day and she agreed to reschedule."

So this tells us that EG IN FACT did not have her boys the day Lucas was reported missing... as well as JMO cause i cant see the entire report with the news headliner covers it up but it states what the arrangements are in terms of when EG gets "parenting time" according to the court order i can make out one of the times and that is - something to 7:i wanna say 38 pm. and seeing how the neighbor says he met the boys on Feb.11th which is a Sunday and there was "parenting time" scheduled according to the court docs the following day after Lucas' was reported missing which was on a Saturday then EG was scheduled to see her boys on Sunday which would have been Feb.18th and the "hitting incident" occurred on Feb.4th which is also a Sunday so that seems safe to say maybe EG had regular "parenting time" on Sundays... again this is JMO unless other wise noted

I also do not buy or feed into much of the "EG kicked him out" statement... IMO that was just put in there to smooth things over with the Bio dad as Im sure many moms/dads do say things sometimes to kinda keep the peace when it comes to custody battles (even tho this one is MUCH MUCH different in many ways considering the abuse accusations). I think both EG & JH both have anger issues and short tempers...and IMO both have a history with drug use...

Link to Video on court docs. http://www.kwch.com/video/?vid=475607173

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Court docs Father of Glass' children feared for their safety - Google Chrome_2.jpg
    Court docs Father of Glass' children feared for their safety - Google Chrome_2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 459
  • Court docs Father of Glass' children feared for their safety - Google Chrome_3.jpg
    Court docs Father of Glass' children feared for their safety - Google Chrome_3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 451
  • Court docs Father of Glass' children feared for their safety - Google Chrome.jpg
    Court docs Father of Glass' children feared for their safety - Google Chrome.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 449
I still think she's going to crack. Lucas wasn't her own child. It's pretty obvious she knows what happened.

I still think she's going to crack. Lucas wasn't her own child. It's pretty obvious she knows what happened.

She abused her own kids too. Lucas was more available. IMO if it had not of been Lucas in 2018, it would be a different child in a few years.

She abused her own kids too. Lucas was more available. IMO if it had not of been Lucas in 2018, it would be a different child in a few years.

Yes. But my main point is she will crack. She's young and not a hardened criminal imo. I think she's more than likely a druggie, so is Dad, so is mom, so has been her (EG) ex. This is such a sad tale as far as responsible parents all the way around. The courts did what appeared to be the best ones to offer, but notice the mom's were not awarded custody in either case. Super unusual!
It draws me to think of state aid if the mothers got custody and the courts thinking the state wouldn't have to cough up money for aid if they gave the mothers custody.

And that the alleged abuse by JH happened on 2/4/2018 and EG moved on 2/7/2018.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So, alleged abuse by JH happened on 2/4/2018, she kicks him out and decides to move and does so on 2/7/2018.
Maybe they were on a break up and now she is stuck with his kid, she doesnt really want to take care of him and decides to do something about it

So, alleged abuse by JH happened on 2/4/2018, she kicks him out and decides to move and does so on 2/7/2018.
Maybe they were on a break up and now she is stuck with his kid, she doesnt really want to take care of him and decides to do something about it

Oh come on now! She didn't kick him out, didn't get her own place! She just lied to her ex!

Does anyone know if reporters pay people to do interviews ? just wondering cause i keep going back to that "neighbor recalls first -and last -time he saw Lucas" video this video for one has been odd to me from the start and ill explain why.... and see if anyone else agrees with me....

First... HT admittedly states "we learned from EG that they had moved in that Wednesday before and umm I personally didn't talk to her, but um my wife and kids went out to the front porch... then HT stumbles over his words..."

To me then wouldn't it have made more sense for the wife whom DID personally talk to EG and also was reportedly sitting outside with the kids for the entire hour that they played on Feb.11th to have done or ATLEAST been a part of this interview ?!

Then HT states "kids where playing...I was taking nap...i had just came back from work" then HT goes on to say that lot of noise woke him up so he went to check on them couple of times and he states that he notice the 7yr old, the 6yr old and Lucas....

now what i find odd bout this part is one he reported his wife was outside with the kids the entire time they were out front playing for the "about an hour" so why would he need to get up to check on the kids if his wife is outside with them ?...

I feel somethings dont add up right in the story.... and HT never really looks or makes eye contact with the camera he looks down or away most of the video...moo. So it makes me wonder if the 11th is really the last time someone actually seen Lucas besides EG.

JMO

Link to video http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201763589.html

A short video clip from KWCH12 about a 4th search (by volunteers) of Chisholm Creek Park March 1st.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Day-12-S-475608163.html

0:25 second mark....someone searching with small children again. Sigh.

I understand the need to do something but how many more times are they going to search that park? Time to fan out people, if there was something to find there LE and the other multiple searches would have found it by now.

Does anyone know if reporters pay people to do interviews ? just wondering cause i keep going back to that "neighbor recalls first -and last -time he saw Lucas" video this video for one has been odd to me from the start and ill explain why.... and see if anyone else agrees with me....

First... HT admittedly states "we learned from EG that they had moved in that Wednesday before and umm I personally didn't talk to her, but um my wife and kids went out to the front porch... then HT stumbles over his words..."

To me then wouldn't it have made more sense for the wife whom DID personally talk to EG and also was reportedly sitting outside with the kids for the entire hour that they played on Feb.11th to have done or ATLEAST been a part of this interview ?!

Then HT states "kids where playing...I was taking nap...i had just came back from work" then HT goes on to say that lot of noise woke him up so he went to check on them couple of times and he states that he notice the 7yr old, the 6yr old and Lucas....

now what i find odd bout this part is one he reported his wife was outside with the kids the entire time they were out front playing for the "about an hour" so why would he need to get up to check on the kids if his wife is outside with them ?...

I feel somethings dont add up right in the story.... and HT never really looks or makes eye contact with the camera he looks down or away most of the video...moo. So it makes me wonder if the 11th is really the last time someone actually seen Lucas besides EG.

JMO

This right here is a great example of why I don't put stock in reports from neighbors.

Fcornwell said:

JMO

Although I take all accounts of eye witnesses, neighbors, insiders etc. with a bit of grain of salt, I'm not sure what the motivation would be for this neighbor to purposefully not be truthful. What does he stand to lose or gain?

Judging by his accent, English is likely not his first language. So, the "umms" don't strike me as odd as I find I also use a lot of fillers such as umm, hmm, uhhh, ahhh, ehh when not speaking English (my first language) because I need to put more thought into what I need to say/translate it in my head first vs having it effortlessly roll off my tongue like when I'm speaking English.

Him giving the interview vs his wife doesn't seem too odd. Definitely would have preferred to hear from the wife, but perhaps in his culture or his marriage it's preferred that he do most of the talking/interviews or perhaps she was simply camera shy, not at home when the cameras were rolling, or had no interest in being involved.

Lastly, his being awoken (and then checking on) loud noises from his children + 3 new kids who had come over to play does not seem odd to me either. He isn't well acquainted with these kids, so perhaps he was "sleeping with one eye open" to make sure everyone was behaving or that his kids weren't being treated badly or unfairly in some way. Maybe he wanted to double check that the wife still had eyes on them/was keeping a close eye on things. Maybe he got up to remind them to keep it down, who knows.

Morning all, been up for hours thinking about Lucas :candle:.Praying for him to be located every day.
The truth is so convoluted in this case. At least to us. But the truth can't be hidden forever.
For everyone riding out the storms last night, you were held up in my prayers also:heartbeat:

Morning all, been up for hours thinking about Lucas :candle:.Praying for him to be located every day.
The truth is so convoluted in this case. At least to us. But the truth can't be hidden forever.
For everyone riding out the storms last night, you were held up in my prayers also:heartbeat:

Thanks Chi. Keep those prayers coming, some of us are still waiting on the storm to hit. Well, in my case the winds of the storm. The rain is gonna taper off but the winds are supposed to start picking up around 8am, hit max speed (around 30mph) around noonish then hang out there until around 6pm when it starts to slow down. The winds are still gonna be damaging but at least they downgraded the top gusts to 50-55mph (as opposed to the original 60-70mph gusts).

Thanks Chi. Keep those prayers coming, some of us are still waiting on the storm to hit. Well, in my case the winds of the storm. The rain is gonna taper off but the winds are supposed to start picking up around 8am, hit max speed (around 30mph) around noonish then hang out there until around 6pm when it starts to slow down. The winds are still gonna be damaging but at least they downgraded the top gusts to 50-55mph (as opposed to the original 60-70mph gusts).
:thewave:
Hang on tight. You're gonna be fine I just know it!! We all are keeping you and yours in mind. Guaranteed!

I’m not sure if anyone has said this yet, but it was probably this incident between EG’s boys and JH that prompted her arrest. The timing of the report and her arrest is not coincidental. It was extremely critical that Lucas and the baby were included because she had not yet been stripped of access to those two like she has her older two. This is so important because if she were to make bail and she’s not formally charged with a crime against her children, by law SRS would be forced to start working towards a family reunification plan. I spent a year with SRS for my practicum several years ago and it’s common for a child to be removed from both parents who reside together even if only one was responsible for abuse. I don’t believe for a second EG kicked out JH, it was just good timing for her to claim that as they were moving from one place to another. The only way for EG to regain her visitation with her kids was to separate from the accused “abuser”. I can’t tell you how many times we’d catch a parent violating conditions in which a particular person wasn’t supposed to be around the children if they wanted to keep their kids in the home. Since the complaint was against JH however, the fact EG’s been charged with endangerment due to drugs, that accounts for the 3 charges listed against her online. Most likely she either admitted to using something or she failed a drug test. It’s very difficult to take an incident with the two boys against her for Lucas and the baby so it’s a much safer thing to find something else like drug’s instead.

I will say this, there is no question in my mind that SRS has failed many children over the years, but keep in mind the only cases you will ever hear about publicly are the bad ones. I have seen first hand all the kids who were saved and taken out of horrible situations. And because I was a MSW student I got to see the entire process-from the very first phone call all the way to termination of parental rights in court. It’s sad because parental rights trump a child’s wellbeing, and it all boils down to what you can, and what you cannot prove in court. I think the straw that broke the camel’s back for me was meeting with a parent behind bars to work a family reunification plan all because we couldn’t prove yet a child was at risk. I’m thankful for the experience because it successfully cured me from ever wanting to work in that environment again.

Anyway this is my opinion.

That and I’m wondering if there is such a thing as a “lo-jack” for kids. Some kind of GPS so I can locate my kids anytime I want.

That and I’m wondering if there is such a thing as a “lo-jack” for kids. Some kind of GPS so I can locate my kids anytime I want.

haha As a matter of fact, there is. You can get a locator beacon that your child wears as a bracelet or on a necklace, they are marketed more towards the families of Alzheimers/Dementia patients but parents can also use them. If your child is old enough to have a smart-phone there are apps that you can install on their phone that will track them.

Sitting with my elderly Mom who has advanced dementia. She's still sleeping:)
She does wander a bit @night. When it gets worse she'll be wearing a locator for sure.:escape:
Right now I'm cooking her biscuits to keep warm. She loves her biscuits lol.
I couldn't ever put a mark on my Mom. I'd even feel horrible if it was an accident.
As I posted before, she can be very trying on anyone's patience.
So can children.
Never one intentional hit/slap/bruise. It's just heart-breaking to see the pictures of Lucas.
No excuses. NONE.
jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members