IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think BG knows any of the family members? I mean, what if he is someone right under their noses and nobody suspects him at all!
Also, does anyone think he helped in the search?
Imo not a chance

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Its possible no DNA was left behind.
I'm trying to think of circumstances where there would be no DNA. Such as being unclothed and submerged under water. We know that wasn't the case. At the least there will always be touch and transfer DNA. That just can't be avoided.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IMO I would say it is most likely BG is a Israel Keyes type serial killer who may live in a State as far away as Alaska like Keyes did.

What if things went wrong and he had to flee without being able to retrieve the bag? Your scenario sounds very risky to me.

No, he left the bag at the kill site while he went off to get his victims. Once he returned with the girls, it was there waiting for him. Obviously, he would take it with him when he left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its possible no DNA was left behind.

I think there is, that's why they ruled out DN as a suspect.

(Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley) said police also have obtained samples of Nations' DNA, which has become a common procedure over the course of the seven-month-long investigation. He added that the samples will be compared to evidence gathered at the crime scene.

"We check DNA on everybody that has been investigated," Riley said. "Every person that we have talked to, we've gotten a DNA swab from."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

I have some questions about Libby filming the video. Did she think BG was strange but not dangerous? Why not 911? Did daylight give them a false sense of security? If BG did see her recording him, Libby could've been on FaceTime or Facebook live-wouldn't BG hesitate? Maybe BG did enter the Southend and turn around quickly. Maybe Libby really was filming Abby and BG just entered the shot. Thoughts?

I have some questions about Libby filming the video. Did she think BG was strange but not dangerous? Why not 911? Did daylight give them a false sense of security? If BG did see her recording him, Libby could've been on FaceTime or Facebook live-wouldn't BG hesitate? Maybe BG did enter the Southend and turn around quickly. Maybe Libby really was filming Abby and BG just entered the shot. Thoughts?

Hi Try2solve,

JMO, but I think Libby tried to hide the fact she was videoing him. One report from local Delphi news last summer mentioned the video was taken on her selfie camera (but I can’t find the link). If this was the case, and she was filming over her shoulder, possibly trying to hide the camera from BG’s field of view while doing it, he may not have had any idea she was filming until the video stills and audio were released.
JMO.

I think it'd be very unusual for a girl to call 911 because a guy seemed creepy. Cause she's not sure, it's a drastic step to call police. By the time she knew to, it was too late.

Hi Try2solve,

JMO, but I think Libby tried to hide the fact she was videoing him. One report from local Delphi news last summer mentioned the video was taken on her selfie camera (but I can’t find the link). If this was the case, and she was filming over her shoulder, possibly trying to hide the camera from BG’s field of view while doing it, he may not have had any idea she was filming until the video stills and audio were released.
JMO.

bbm

I remember Alexis McAdams reported that. Not sure if it is still available but we discussed it here when the video was posted. moo

It makes sense the girls wouldn’t have expected a creep like this on the bridge, especially if they had been there before. I think they had been there before, but can’t recall how I know that.

I am looking at the Monon Trail system and the High Bridge tonight, trying to get a feel for the place and why a seemingly lone wolf killer would be there. That’s one of the key questions. It is an out of the way place. It is such an interesting and historical place. Looking at information shared by people who visited the bridge before this crime occurred, it is very scary to cross. That seems important, too. There is no doubt in my mind BG is very familiar with the bridge itself and the area and trails surrounding it.

I have thought BG very well could have been hunkering down in the vicinity, and am intrigued with the posts of those whose thinking has lead them to believe the searches on nearby properties were looking for someone hiding out there unbeknownst to the owner.

This 1.5-mile route follows part of the abandoned Monon Railroad line and includes High Bridge, Indiana’s second highest railroad trestle. This is a one-way route so, when you reach the end, retrace your path and return to City Park.

https://www.traillink.com/trail-itinerary/delphi-historic-trails/
https://www.traillink.com/trail/delphi-historic-trails/

But that is where the similarities to most small towns comes to an end; for Delphi and nearby portions of surrounding Carroll County are a trail trekkers’ mecca.

https://panethos.wordpress.com/2011/09/17/one-trail-blazing-small-town

Some very old pictures of the bridge, just for historical perspective:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/historic-landmarks-foundation-indiana/sets/72157667545100136/

I was reading over some old FB postings from the afternoon on the 13th when the girls went missing. The family was asking people to keep a lookout etc. The eerie thing was a friend of the girls had left a comment that she left an hour before the girls arrived. I guess it was a place the young kids hung out.

I was reading over some old FB postings from the afternoon on the 13th when the girls went missing. The family was asking people to keep a lookout etc. The eerie thing was a friend of the girls had left a comment that she left an hour before the girls arrived. I guess it was a place the young kids hung out.

seriously? that is so creepy, Im assuming LE knows this and has spoken with this girl to see if she saw anything, maybe she is one of the people that saw BG. weird. MOO

What if things went wrong and he had to flee without being able to retrieve the bag? Your scenario sounds very risky to me.

Then he waits a few days for things to calm down, and goes and gets it. Where the crime took place is secluded and on private
land, no one would be disturbing it there.

seriously? that is so creepy, Im assuming LE knows this and has spoken with this girl to see if she saw anything, maybe she is one of the people that saw BG. weird. MOO

I can’t imagine how the adults, teens and children who we on the trail that horrendous day must feel.

I can’t imagine how the adults, teens and children who we on the trail that horrendous day must feel.

How active are the trails? I'm not in a rural area and once in a blue moon find a place to hike unless I just go to the beach, which is always packed with people. So, is this where people go to hang out, have picnics, etc?

Then he waits a few days for things to calm down, and goes and gets it. Where the crime took place is secluded and on private
land, no one would be disturbing it there.

That’s one aspect to think about. It seems so much evidence was left behind, but not enough. If there was ever a duffle bag, and this brazen creep (seems there’s a new noun to refer to BG tonight) went back to get it, that would be brazen on top of brazen. I don’t doubt the possibility though.

How active are the trails? I'm not in a rural area and once in a blue moon find a place to hike unless I just go to the beach, which is always packed with people. So, is this where people go to hang out, have picnics, etc?

They're fairly active. I've never been out there and not run into anyone. That's actually one of the reasons why I DON'T believe that BG knew school wasn't in session that day. On the week days, the park is much busier in the later afternoon (ie, after 3pm). It's not as busy while the kids are in school on the weekdays. I think he thought school was in session and that's why he was there at that time. (Still some people there, but not as crowded so less likely for anyone to see him.)

They're fairly active. I've never been out there and not run into anyone. That's actually one of the reasons why I DON'T believe that BG knew school wasn't in session that day. On the week days, the park is much busier in the later afternoon (ie, after 3pm). It's not as busy while the kids are in school on the weekdays. I think he thought school was in session and that's why he was there at that time. (Still some people there, but not as crowded so less likely for anyone to see him.)

That is an interesting thought... he thought he would be alone. Apparently, he wasn’t, based on some prior posts here that other kids had been there. I wonder what in the world he was doing there to begin with and what triggered the attack? I know, we all do. It does lead me to think of a different personality than just a guy on the hunt (for the moment). It’s so hard to figure out disordered thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong