OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks! Interesting. The other person, Pike County local, is booked on federal charges, too. Quite a few there on federal charges, some from central Ohio, others location isn't mentioned.

Also interesting the federal prosecutor for Delcol's case is in the Cincinnati office, yet they're holding him (and someone from Pike County) waay up there in northwest Ohio. Way off the beaten path, so to speak.

Also interesting - the record of inmates up there on federal charges don't show any description of what those charges are. Most say "unknown code- see affidavit for information". It's a safe bet those affdavits are sealed. Should we also assume those charges are coming from a federal grand jury, not a local one? Would the inmate from Pike County jailed on a federal charge have been charged through a federal grand jury instead of Junk's Pike County grand jury?

Lots of questions.

Here's a link to a recent article about the arrests of some of the other inmates at NW Ohio corrections center who are

- being held on federal charges

- have no information listed about the nature of those charges

13 people indicted for drug trafficking from Florida to Franklin County

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...g-trafficking-from-florida-to-franklin-county

Amanda M. Basich, 28, and Joshua F. Smith, 31, (both from Columbus) face a minimum sentence of 11 years in prison for allegedly masterminding a group that sold more than 12,000 prescription pills in Franklin County in a 15-month span (March 2015-June 2016) . Prosecutors say the drugs, which were mainly Oxycodone, possessed a street value of $165,000.

Basich and Smith allegedly orchestrated a group of 11 people to travel to Florida and obtain the pills from a doctor and bring them back to central Ohio.

May or may not be related to the Rhoden massacre, but it's interesting the feds like to keep all these inmates up there.

Also noticing several Hispanic males ages 20's to 40's being held on immigration plus other unknown federal charges. Some have been there since mid 2017.

ETA: Not sure what,if any of this is relevant, but it's worth watching. Could be coincidence. Could be the federal govt has a contract with this prison/detention center to house their inmates.

Do you think you can find the interview? Check our Media & Timelines thread. There are links to pretty much all of LM's interviews there.

I'm looking. Based on some video's I've seen so far, I think it had to be in the first few days. I'll keep looking.

I no longer post but I havent forgotten. I happened to fly over the area this week on a commercial flight. A thought came to my mind.

I hope the case will be resolved soon.

Betty: Haven't found it yet. Many old articles and possibly videos have just disappeared. Can no longer pull them up.
The reasons why this video and LM's comments stuck with me is because at the time there was a lot of rumors
about the RRL court case that had just happened.

I checked RRL's fb immediately before it disappeared or got scrubbed. She was a prolific fb poster - daily posts. Then
she suddenly stopped posting on 4/21/16. Nothing for 3 weeks. Then she came back on fb.
But before she stopped posting she sounded crazy with threats to people reading her posts, about how tough she was
and what she could do to people, etc. Really a wild woman with threats.
Then in sleuthing I found out that Charles G. has an uncle that is a mc buddy w/ RRL's husband. Uncle (Gilley) and
RRL's hubby both tough mc types. Was told CG's uncle has rap sheet for violent crimes.
Just a lot of possible connections. So this has to be one of my 2 top theories.

Betty: Haven't found it yet. Many old articles and possibly videos have just disappeared. Can no longer pull them up.
The reasons why this video and LM's comments stuck with me is because at the time there was a lot of rumors

I checked RRL's fb immediately before it disappeared or got scrubbed. She was a prolific fb poster - daily posts. Then
she suddenly stopped posting on 4/21/16. Nothing for 3 weeks. Then she came back on fb.
But before she stopped posting she sounded crazy with threats to people reading her posts, about how tough she was
Then in sleuthing I found out that Charles G. has an uncle that is a mc buddy w/ RRL's husband. Uncle (Gilley) and
RRL's hubby both tough mc types. Was told CG's uncle has rap sheet for violent crimes.

Thanks, I'm trying to recall who RRL is? Was she someone related to the Rhodens or Wagners?

Thanks, I'm trying to recall who RRL is? Was she someone related to the Rhodens or Wagners?

RRL is the one who slapped CRjr and went to court the before murders. Dana and her had had words a few times

Is that uncles initials also CG if so I have been watching him for quite some time.

Reason I brought up grand jury, was my understanding is if case goes to grand jury those cases are sealed automaticlly? And that it seemed they were trying to get info from James Manley and keep it quiet about what the info was, through this method. Let's face it, the authorities don't believe him and other people about what went down that morning. We know this from LM's comments. I'm sure there's been other's who have been questioned repeatedly about this case, but Manleys have put their business out there. And RRL (road rage lady) is Rebecca Clay Allen. The woman who slapped CRjr that resulted in assault charges on her. There was a restraining order againest her to stay away from DR, and CRjr (maybe CRsr included?). Court date was April 21st? for the assault charge. I also saw on her FB account before it was scrubbed that she appeared to be an angry, aggressive person who had drug, arrests, and custody battles in her recent past (JMO). Clay, Crabtree, Manley are all related by family, just some of the "puzzle pieces" in this case.

Related to and formerly a Cl@y. Initials stand for RoadRageLady. Rebecc@ @bel Cl@y All@n

It was in the first few days or so after murders, back when LM was talking freely to media. He clearly stated they
had recording of threats on a phone. And LE heard it. But I wonder if that phone was taken during murders?

I would think it would have been the day of, or the day after, that he said this. He had quite a bit to say at first then got totally quiet...

I feel like I have commented about every news piece released over the first year. I was going to list my favorite readings to the benefit of others still searching. I will eventually do that.

Then I found this video I had never seen before. It spoke to me.

"More questions than answers". A family member speaks of dreams and nightmares. https://www.cincinnati.com/videos/news/2017/06/19/pike-county-mass-shooting/83446766/

The killers wanted the children and the dogs to survive

I followed this case initially but as time went by I drifted away. Recently I have been rereading some of my early notes on this tragedy.

The following is just a partial theory which could change without notice.:run:

[FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]The killer pumped between one and nine bullets into each victim as they slept but spared three children under the age of three and two pitbulls guarding one of the properties.[/FONT]

The killers wanted the children and the dogs to survive

This quote from LM is from an article that the link does not work:
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Per Leonard Manley (Dana’s father), the family had 2 fierce pit bull dogs, what he referred to as a “wolf dog,” and multiple hound dogs. He said the dogs were “nowhere to be found” when Bobbi Jo arrived at a residence and discovered the bodies.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]“Whoever done it knows the family.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Those words were declared by Leonard Manley, who lost his daughter Dana and two grandchildren, Hanna, 19 and Christopher, 16, in the massacre, when confronted by reporters on an old dirt road in Piketon earlier this week.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]“There were two dogs there (at Kenneth’s house) that would eat you up,” he continued. “But I ain’t gunna say no more.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]In addition to the mercy shown to the babies and the dogs, there other aspects of the murders that scream: “It’s personal”.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Two of the victims, police have not revealed which, were shot nine and seven times respectively, compared to others who were shot between one and three times. Since all were asleep at the time of their execution, that suggests varying degrees of hate rather than a matter of subduing those most likely to fight back.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...e/news-story/1b45bdf93e2acea8da0a4701357cbfb0

Using Oscam's Razor it would have to be someone who likely fed and cared for the dogs. It sounds like the wolf breed dogs were pack animals. The killer's must have been like 'family' to them. To paraphase LM
those dogs would literally eat you up.
:cow:
[/FONT][/FONT]

I followed this case initially but as time went by I drifted away. Recently I have been rereading some of my early notes on this tragedy.

The following is just a partial theory which could change without notice.:run:

[FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]The killer pumped between one and nine bullets into each victim as they slept but spared three children under the age of three and two pitbulls guarding one of the properties.[/FONT]

This quote from LM is from an article that the link does not work:
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Per Leonard Manley (Dana’s father), the family had 2 fierce pit bull dogs, what he referred to as a “wolf dog,” and multiple hound dogs. He said the dogs were “nowhere to be found” when Bobbi Jo arrived at a residence and discovered the bodies.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]“Whoever done it knows the family.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Those words were declared by Leonard Manley, who lost his daughter Dana and two grandchildren, Hanna, 19 and Christopher, 16, in the massacre, when confronted by reporters on an old dirt road in Piketon earlier this week.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]“There were two dogs there (at Kenneth’s house) that would eat you up,” he continued. “But I ain’t gunna say no more.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]In addition to the mercy shown to the babies and the dogs, there other aspects of the murders that scream: “It’s personal”.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Two of the victims, police have not revealed which, were shot nine and seven times respectively, compared to others who were shot between one and three times. Since all were asleep at the time of their execution, that suggests varying degrees of hate rather than a matter of subduing those most likely to fight back.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...e/news-story/1b45bdf93e2acea8da0a4701357cbfb0

Using Oscam's Razor it would have to be someone who likely fed and cared for the dogs. It sounds like the wolf breed dogs were pack animals. The killer's must have been like 'family' to them. To paraphase LM
those dogs would literally eat you up.
[/FONT][/FONT]

According to DS, KR only had one dog named Brownie. No one was shot seven times from what has been released. Not all were asleep. DR was not, CR2 probably was not since he was found behind his bed, CR1 and GR were not likely shot in their bed. It was later said the dogs were sitting in recliners on the porch. The only dog to had supposedly showed any sign of aggression was Brownie and only according to DS....

According to DS, KR only had one dog named Brownie. No one was shot seven times from what has been released. Not all were asleep. DR was not, CR2 probably was not since he was found behind his bed, CR1 and GR were not likely shot in their bed. It was later said the dogs were sitting in recliners on the porch. The only dog to had supposedly showed any sign of aggression was Brownie and only according to DS....
Autopsy results show most Pike Co. massacre victims shot multiple times
One victim shot 9 times, more search warrants

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — One of the victims in last week’s Pike County family massacre was shot as many as nine times, according to autopsy results from the Hamilton County Coroner’s Office Crime Lab.
page. 1
https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/rho...-pike-county-massacre-multiple-gunshot-wounds
page 2
https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/rho...ounty-massacre-multiple-gunshot-wounds?page=2

Dudly,I have not followed the case closely for an extended period.

I apologize if subsequent information has disputed what LM stated in my link.

It is never my intention to post information that is not correct.

If it is no too much trouble Dudly do you recall the DS interview you refer to? I obviously need to do some refreshing on this tragedy.

FLY This is me thinking outloud but what are the chances that not one of the dogs would begin barking thus alerting the family that there was a person prowling the perimeter of their homes. If not for their own personal safety but just to alert if someone was tampering with their cash crop? :waitasec:

Whew,it took 4 tries to get the broken link to work.
:dunno:

Well, regardless of who said what about dogs, the one thing LE have confirmed is "The Ohio attorney general says whoever killed eight members from the same family in Ohio were familiar with the victims, their homes and the surrounding area." They've also said local people know more than they're telling police. https://www.10tv.com/article/dewine-killers-rhoden-family-familiar-victims-area

If I had the time and energy, I'd look at the question of why certain family members homes were targetted, compared with family members who were not. For eg, why DR's home, but not her father close by. Why KR, but not his ex-wife and kids. Perhaps someone has done this?

This is so overwhelming to me that eight people in one family can be systimaticly be taken out and nothing from LE. Since the year that it happened has there been any activity from them at all?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

A question. I must be over looking the info where each body was found. Can anyone tell me where I would find that?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member