GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone link the new interview with the parents?

Correct:

“Chris Torry, a neighbor of Cunningham’s, told FOX5 Atlanta the CDC employee made an unusual request a few days before he disappeared.

‘My wife and him swapped phone numbers…[On] Saturday, Tim called over to me from across the way and told me to take his number out of her phone. It seemed a bit strange,’ Torry recalled. (BBM)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/2...ghbor-to-delete-phone-number-reports-say.html

This information from the neighbor really concerns me... I just can't think of any logical reason why Timothy would have requested this, and it gives me a sinking feeling, KWIM?

Just wondering what Timothy was doing outside at that time when he speaks to his neighbor. Was he working in the yard? Taking the dog for a walk? Did he come outside just to give the neighbor that message?
Would be nice to know some of what he did all weekend.

Thank you all for adding some really helpful information. Could he have had a romantic interest/relationship that no one knew about? Just thinking a jealous love interest may have questioned why he got texts or calls from a female neighbor and so he told the husband to tell his wife to delete his number. That part really has me puzzled

I think the police and family have a lot more information now on Tims last days, i dont think they wanted to say too much in the beginning on the remote chance he had just taken a break.
There doesnt seem to be any desperate appeals from his friends for him to return or any great appeals from police.
I just wish they could find him so tbe family can have closure.
Its such a sad case, i was drawn to his smile, such talent, such a waste, he must have worked so hard for his achievements and never really got to enjoy them.

I wonder if he left the windows open so someone would hear poor Beau barking sooner rather than later. I know most think that someone would never leave a beloved pet uncared for, but it does happen. Maybe leaving the windows open for Beau to bark for help was his way of doing the best he could for his pup.

I really can't stop thinking about this case and about poor Tim and his family. Forgive me for this question, I'm a newbie to WS.

If this was a suicide and he left everything at home- how was his body not been found for three weeks? I don't understand. Perhaps he is in the nearby body of water but if he's not, where could he possibly be? It's so weird. If this was a suicide, you could say the discussion with the neighbor's wife was a form of premeditation- same with the phone call and the text. But his departure itself seems so sudden I can't wrap my head around it.

The requesting of the neighbor's wife's phone number also has me worried- paranoia perhaps?

This is a case in which I could fly to Atlanta and help search, his poor family :(

I really can't stop thinking about this case and about poor Tim and his family. Forgive me for this question, I'm a newbie to WS.

If this was a suicide and he left everything at home- how was his body not been found for three weeks? I don't understand. Perhaps he is in the nearby body of water but if he's not, where could he possibly be? It's so weird. If this was a suicide, you could say the discussion with the neighbor's wife was a form of premeditation- same with the phone call and the text. But his departure itself seems so sudden I can't wrap my head around it.

The requesting of the neighbor's wife's phone number also has me worried- paranoia perhaps?

This is a case in which I could fly to Atlanta and help search, his poor family :(

I think a possibility is that he did commit suicide and did not want his remains to be found so his passing could not be ruled a suicide. Maybe he felt that if he was never found at some point he could be declared legally dead and spare his family the suicide aspect as they would never really know for sure.

Or, he may have had a large life insurance policy and his family or receiver of the benefits would not get it if suicide could be proven. So he planned it so well as to not ever have his remains found.

As far as his dog goes, when someone takes their own life they leave more than pets, they leave familys, friends etc. Not that animals are not important, but he probably knew eventually the dog would be discovered and cared for.

It took a month to find Leanne Bearden's body and she died of suicide less than a mile from where she was last seen alive. She hanged herself in a tree in someone's wooded back yard and the home owners hadn't walked their property for weeks so nobody found her for a month.

Jennifer Huston wasn't found for weeks, either. Of course, she drove about an hour or so away from her home and found a secluded piece of property that was heavily wooded. Her car was parked nearby, but it was hidden from the road. It wasn't until the landowners started looking around their property that they found her vehicle and then she was found hanging from a tree.

There have been other cases of murder, accident, and suicide in water where bodies haven't surfaced for weeks or even months.

Depression is a very selfish disease. If you don't care enough about yourself to live, you won't care enough to live for a dog. I'm sure Timothy loved his father, mother, and siblings as well. Yet when the mental anguish is more than you can endure, you're thinking is clouded by all the lies depression tells you, and you just want it all to end.

Checking in on Timothy- My husband said his dissapearance was heard being discussed at work.

And...here's a thought I had on the neighbor/phone #. (I am thinking it may no longer fit in the timeline of finding out he wasn't promoted though).
If he was promoted he may have been thinking that he would be working longer hours. The exchanged numbers was perhaps for help with his dog, deliveries or letting in contracted services at the house, etc. After finding out he wasn't gonna be promoted it may have been a way to pass along that info and not needing help from her.
The other being they may have had a friendship discussing a topic/topics that he no longer was going to need to discuss as he was disappearing.

Ramblings before 5 a.m.

Checking in on Timothy- My husband said his dissapearance was heard being discussed at work.

And...here's a thought I had on the neighbor/phone #. (I am thinking it may no longer fit in the timeline of finding out he wasn't promoted though).
If he was promoted he may have been thinking that he would be working longer hours. The exchanged numbers was perhaps for help with his dog, deliveries or letting in contracted services at the house, etc. After finding out he wasn't gonna be promoted it may have been a way to pass along that info and not needing help from her.
The other being they may have had a friendship discussing a topic/topics that he no longer was going to need to discuss as he was disappearing.

Ramblings before 5 a.m.

I've been thinking a lot about the comment to the neighbor as well. If we consider that he was very distressed about something (possibly in addition to not getting the promotion, but maybe just that in itself), I feel that the comment to the neighbor could point to some premeditation on his part.

BBM
A couple of possibilities...
1. It's not at all unusual for a body to be missed in a search
2. They may not have searched the area he is in
3. He's on private property and they haven't been able to find owners for permission to search. This is something people often forget... You can't search on private property without the property owner's permission.

ETA
4. If he's in water, he could still be submerged

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ramblings before 5 a.m.

That is a great thought regarding Timothy's comment to his neighbor...a possibility that makes a lot of sense but never occurred to me.

That is a great thought regarding Timothy's comment to his neighbor...a possibility that makes a lot of sense but never occurred to me.
I really wish the neighbor would have put it in context.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wonder if the neighbor was the only person he wanted to delete his phone number ?

Hi everyone, please don't discuss FB pages of Timothy's relatives.

Hi, "sknikixel" -- welcome! What you're feeling is a whole lot of empathy, and there's a lot of it here at WS. Glad to have you here.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288