IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. "I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives. That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time." This particular statement makes me think LE initially felt this case involved a catfish situation.

Bingo! In my opinion this is statement and the phone pinging around town statement are clues early on that LE was on the track of someone

For that to be true - that LE knows who BG is but BG has a solid alibi - it means that LE does not have DNA. Otherwise, LE could obtain a warrant for the persons DNA as it does not matter one bit whether a suspect has an alibi or not when it comes to LE's probable cause nor a judge's decision on that probable cause. The system doesn't work that way. Obtaining a search warrant is not an adversarial process.

So, if LE does have DNA and they know who BG is then there is nothing stopping LE from moving on that person - nothing. If LE doesn't have DNA then they have much bigger problems than whether or not BG has a solid alibi. LE would have to have someway to connect BG to being at the bridge. Even worse, considering the issues with the sketch, I don't even know of what value the contributors to making that sketch would have in terms of being able to testify that they recognize a person as the one they saw. There is a large risk that any such identifications could be thrown out due to the issues surrounding the sketch.

Perhaps they don't have DNA then, although they say they have, so they already know obtaining DNA isn't going to help.

What are the issues with the sketch that could get identification thrown out? Not sure what you are referring to there.

Eta- just saw gjr comments re the podcast so it does sound like DNA is a possibility at the scene.

It is on Gray's Youtube.

" Derrick's path " Dec 23/17 and Gray mentions the appraisal business.

I would share links to both the youtube and the appraisal business, however, I do not think it is allowed. Is it?
Thanks all for explaining and providing source . I can check on post #1 for the GH youtube - I have previously seen it but missed that detail.

Perhaps they don't have DNA then, although they say they have, so they already know obtaining DNA isn't going to help.

What are the issues with the sketch that could get identification thrown out? Not sure what you are referring to there.

I've questioned the same Shire. Perhaps they don't really have DNA. Maybe that's why they are pleading for someone who knows who this BG person is to come forward. Heck, with disguises and such, has LE even said it's for sure a man? I think so, but it's mainly because of the facial hair, which could be glued on. I know if they have DNA they can say for certain if it's male or female.

With saying that, it caused me to think of another case with not knowing if it's male or female. The perp is approximately the same height and weight, the murder very swift. The gait is noticeable. The Missy Bevers case. I think it was in Texas. Probably not related, but some commonalities.

I've questioned the same Shire. Perhaps they don't really have DNA. Maybe that's why they are pleading for someone who knows who this BG person is to come forward. Heck, with disguises and such, has LE even said it's for sure a man? I think so, but it's mainly because of the facial hair, which could be glued on. I know if they have DNA they can say for certain if it's male or female.

With saying that, it caused me to think of another case with not knowing if it's male or female. The perp is approximately the same height and weight, the murder very swift. The gait is noticeable. The Missy Bevers case. I think it was in Texas. Probably not related, but some commonalities.

This is why I want to know why the sketch seems to be of less importance now. The sketch clearly shows a male and they have not come out and said to disregard the sketch ( just the hat). This was prepared based on a witness who got close enough to state that his eyes weren't blue so I believe it's accurate.

Re DNA perhaps they only have clothes fibres under finger nails rather than skin or blood- he was very well covered up as we know.

This is why I want to know why the sketch seems to be of less importance now. The sketch clearly shows a male and they have not come out and said to disregard the sketch ( just the hat). This was prepared based on a witness who got close enough to state that his eyes weren't blue so I believe it's accurate.

Re DNA perhaps they only have clothes fibres under finger nails rather than skin or blood- he was very well covered up as we know.

Well, they have said to look at the clothes and the gait rather than the face bridge picture. That's interesting to me.
Have you looked at the Missy Bevers case?

There are certainly some commonalities. Please take a look Shire. Another very Bizarro case. Might mean nothing, but the perp has some commonalities.

And I believe the Missy Bevers case was a hit! Absolutely not a random fluke!
Now add that into the Iowa girls murders.
Does any of this fit together? Or some of it?
Could they all be hits?

Ugh. The forum has been shut down re Missy Bevers. I was going to post something. You can still research the threads if you want tho. I do think it's interesting. And it might be a long shot, but there are certainly commonalities.

Please, can someone clarify something for me as I am totally perplexed?

Was BG behind the girls on the bridge or in front of them. I have always found the photo of Abby @ 2:07 odd in that there was no sign of BG behind her as far as I can see. He must have moved PDQ to catch them up.I am actually now wondering if he was in front of them walking towards them. Call me daft.

KR
Reacher

Please, can someone clarify something for me as I am totally perplexed?

Was BG behind the girls on the bridge or in front of them. I have always found the photo of Abby @ 2:07 odd in that there was no sign of BG behind her as far as I can see. He must have moved PDQ to catch them up.I am actually now wondering if he was in front of them walking towards them. Call me daft.

KR
Reacher

I'll try to answer without misunderstanding anything.

The pic shows him walking from north to south direction. If the girls have come off the bridge and are headimg back across for their pick up then he is in front of them approaching them. They may have gone off the end of the bridge for a bit before heading back. If he is behind them and they are yet to come off the south end, or have just come off, that would mean they had been hanging about on the bridge for more than 20 minutes after the SC of Abby which I don't think that was the case. LE have stated that the girls talked on the recording of a man following them which would suggest he was behind them to me. Some people have suggested he was perhaps originally behind them and passed them at the south end, then swung round and came back approaching from the north when Libby recorded him. So I guess the answer is " it depends". So you're not daft.

Well, they have said to look at the clothes and the gait rather than the face bridge picture. That's interesting to me.
Have you looked at the Missy Bevers case?

There are certainly some commonalities. Please take a look Shire. Another very Bizarro case. Might mean nothing, but the perp has some commonalities.

And I believe the Missy Bevers case was a hit! Absolutely not a random fluke!
Now add that into the Iowa girls murders.
Does any of this fit together? Or some of it?
Could they all be hits?

Ugh. The forum has been shut down re Missy Bevers. I was going to post something. You can still research the threads if you want tho. I do think it's interesting. And it might be a long shot, but there are certainly commonalities.

No I haven't but I will take a look. Re the podcast of Carrie, I wonder why no MSM have discussed the interview. What could cause bruising under the fingernails? Hanging on to something/someone?

Eta. Having googled causes of bruising under fingernails, it appears this may be due to normal postmortem hypostasis.

I'll try to answer without misunderstanding anything.

The pic shows him walking from north to south direction. If the girls have come off the bridge and are headimg back across for their pick up then he is in front of them approaching them. They may have gone off the end of the bridge for a bit before heading back. If he is behing them and they are yet to come off the south end, or have just come off, that would mean they had been hanging about on the bridge for more than 20 minutes after the SC of Abby which I don't think that was the case. LE have stated that the girls talked on the recording of a man following them which would suggest he was behind them to me. Some people have suggested he was perhaps originally behind them and passed them at the south end, then swung round and came back approaching from the north when Libby recorded him. So I guess the answer is " it depends". So you're not daft.

Cheers Shire. I really have gone back to the beginning with this and turned it all upside down to see if it makes any more sense. because it sure as hell isn't adding up for me at the moment. I am actually of the thought he is walking towards them and they are on their way back to be picked up. You know when you look at something and it just doesn't look right but you cant put your finger on it. Its the photo of Abby and the Video still or whatever it may be of BG for me.

KR
Reacher

No I haven't but I will take a look. Re the podcast of Carrie, I wonder why no MSM have discussed the interview. What could cause bruising under the fingernails? Hanging on to something/someone?

It is worth listening to Libby's Mum. It sort of gives a different perspective and dynamic.

KR
Reacher

I truly believe LE was bluffing with the sketch. I think they had some minute bit of DNA from the crime scene (unrelated to BG) that led them to believe “not blue eyes”, and I think they had a few potential suspects (DN included) so they made a composite sketch that looked like DN and maybe some older guy with the hat. When that didn’t pan out, now we are to disregard the hat, face, sketch, not blue eyes, etc and focus on the gait, which can only be speculated on without video of BG walking. I think the “witnesses” was a lie to put pressure on BG. With LE’s attempts failing, they give the most recent “presser” which was pathetic and amounted to nothing. I think BG has won this battle, and will probably strike again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eta. Having googled causes of bruising under fingernails, it appears this may be due to normal postmortem hypostasis.

I'm hesitant to even quote here because the podcast has not been approved by a moderator. A link was asked for by liltexans and that's the last we have heard regarding this so I tread cautiously...

The point I wanted to make was this...Shires, you have made an excellent find.

And that IMO is why it is so important to research something rather than take someone not in LE at their word.

No one else has mentioned the fingernails that I am aware of.

Not the grandparents nor anyone in the immediate family.

Jumping from one person's interpretation to creating a scenario is often dangerous and leads to the start of rumors.

I truly believe LE was bluffing with the sketch. I think they had some minute bit of DNA from the crime scene (unrelated to BG) that led them to believe “not blue eyes”, and I think they had a few potential suspects (DN included) so they made a composite sketch that looked like DN and maybe some older guy with the hat. When that didn’t pan out, now we are to disregard the hat, face, sketch, not blue eyes, etc and focus on the gait, which can only be speculated on without video of BG walking. I think the “witnesses” was a lie to put pressure on BG. With LE’s attempts failing, they give the most recent “presser” which was pathetic and amounted to nothing. I think BG has won this battle, and will probably strike again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM- I've read this posted many times here. Can you or someone please show me where LE said that?

The most recent comment I heard from LE was to try and focus on the gait. If they said to disregard everything else including the sketch, I'd like to have that quote for my files as I surely haven't seen it to date.

I'm hesitant to even quote here because the podcast has not been approved by a moderator. A link was asked for by liltexans and that's the last we have heard regarding this so I tread cautiously...

The point I wanted to make was this...Shires, you have made an excellent find.

And that IMO is why it is so important to research something rather than take someone not in LE at their word.

No one else has mentioned the fingernails that I am aware of.

Not the grandparents nor anyone in the immediate family.

Jumping from one person's interpretation to creating a scenario is often dangerous and leads to the start of rumors.

Hiya BOP

Longtime no see

Are you suggesting we cant discuss or listen to Carrie (Libby's Mum) equally are you suggesting that GH is acceptable here but where he gets his info isn't.

I am at a total loss. If I have the wrong end of the stick I apologise in advance

KR
Reacher

Hiya BOP

Longtime no see

Are you suggesting we cant discuss or listen to Carrie (Libby's Mum) equally are you suggesting that GH is acceptable here but where he gets his info isn't.

I am at a total loss. If I have the wrong end of the stick I apologise in advance

KR
Reacher

Hey Reacher, not suggesting either. I will bump Liltexans post. I'm merely going off of that.

We need a link for this. Do you happen to remember the name of the podcast? I can look for the source if you can provide some information about where you heard it.

Maybe I intrepeted the comment inaccurately but I assumed it was meant as let me look before we post it.

I will flag this post and ask 'lil if we have an answer.

eta...bumping post in response to Reacher's question to me.

Hiya BOP

Longtime no see

KR
Reacher

BBM- I just read your comment again and it made me LOL because that is how so much of this case is.

:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member