IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridge Guy:
1. Well, technically he would be a SK but before A&L, it’s been probably been 8-15 years I’m guessing.
2. semi local (50-75 mi)
3. 40-50
4. Not homeless
5. Not planned
6. Lone wolf

So we have been looking at the sketch of BG. His bare face. What are the odds at his age that he has corrective lenses?? Contacts which could change his eye color. Glasses which make the face look different. What about his teeth? If the sketch is accurate, look at his lips. What might his teeth look like? His bite? An over bite? Crooked teeth? If he left any body fluids at the crime scene or if he bit one of the girls, they would have an idea of his dentition. If he smokes, chews, does drugs, had alcohol in him or cold medicine,etc...it would come up on a toxicology screen. But just those thoughts to ponder... does he wear corrective lenses? I bet if I were him I would be wearing my glasses every day knowing the sketch WITHOUT glasses is out there for all to see. JMO

Reading over the last few pages this evening, they’re rife with shining examples of why we are all so discombobulated. We have a million different theories, from the sketch origination or usefulness, to ‘do they or don’t they’ have DNA, even to some who believe LE has BG fingered but is unable to lock him down. And a lot of this is because of the confusing and somewhat potentially misleading information coming from LE. I’m very glad that they have passed it over to GBI for another look - which I can’t see them having any reason to do if they had any solid POIs.

Regarding DNA. If they don’t have ANY (which I find hard to believe), then the only reason I can imagine they would be swabbing potential POIs is in the hopes that down the road newer technology might allow them to retrieve it (like the M-vac system NIN brought to the table recently - o/t it’s amazing and really something I would suggest learning up on if it’s of interest). Cold cases have been broken when new testing systems have become available. What I hope is that they have DNA that they can not conclusively rule-in as belonging to BG, and/or it’s just as simple as them not having a match, yet. Because if they don’t have DNA, as BoP has pointed out, this is going to be a very tough case to take to trial. The problem only begins to be solved with finding BG, but actually convicting him and getting reasonable doubt off the table, that’s going to be the real marathon. Just look at how many tips have been called in on people who “look like” the sketch? IMO at this point, the sketch may have harmed the case, rather than helped. I’m fearful that without some real bad luck for BG or a really big break for LE, he may skate on this and the girls won’t get the justice they so desperately deserve...and I do believe he will kill again. This man is a monster...the one thing I think we can ALL agree on.

We haven’t done this in a while, but with some new faces about perhaps we could bring back the personal poll on our BG because it always helps to see what others are thinking.

Bridge Guy:
1. SK or no?
2. Local (25 mi radius), semi local (50-75 mi) or non local?
3. what age range do you believe he is?
4. Homeless or not?
5. Planned attack or spontaneous?
6. Lone wolf or accomplice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. No
2. Non local
3. 35-45
4. Transient
5. Spontaneous
6. Lone

If BG pushed Abby off the bridge, that could be why Libby agreed to go down the hill and why she didn't run when she could have. She was not going to leave Abby down there.
It's possible BG then carried an injured Abby while threatening Libby with a weapon, and how he was able to control both girls.
Just a thought that makes some sense to me.

I thought this at one time, but in going out the scenarios as to what then happened, taking in account where they were ultimately found, I couldn't get it to fit quite right. But in all honestly, I'm having trouble getting ANY scenario to work quite right.

Reading over the last few pages this evening, they’re rife with shining examples of why we are all so discombobulated. We have a million different theories, from the sketch origination or usefulness, to ‘do they or don’t they’ have DNA, even to some who believe LE has BG fingered but is unable to lock him down. And a lot of this is because of the confusing and somewhat potentially misleading information coming from LE. I’m very glad that they have passed it over to GBI for another look - which I can’t see them having any reason to do if they had any solid POIs.

Regarding DNA. If they don’t have ANY (which I find hard to believe), then the only reason I can imagine they would be swabbing potential POIs is in the hopes that down the road newer technology might allow them to retrieve it (like the M-vac system NIN brought to the table recently - o/t it’s amazing and really something I would suggest learning up on if it’s of interest). Cold cases have been broken when new testing systems have become available. What I hope is that they have DNA that they can not conclusively rule-in as belonging to BG, and/or it’s just as simple as them not having a match, yet. Because if they don’t have DNA, as BoP has pointed out, this is going to be a very tough case to take to trial. The problem only begins to be solved with finding BG, but actually convicting him and getting reasonable doubt off the table, that’s going to be the real marathon. Just look at how many tips have been called in on people who “look like” the sketch? IMO at this point, the sketch may have harmed the case, rather than helped. I’m fearful that without some real bad luck for BG or a really big break for LE, he may skate on this and the girls won’t get the justice they so desperately deserve...and I do believe he will kill again. This man is a monster...the one thing I think we can ALL agree on.

We haven’t done this in a while, but with some new faces about perhaps we could bring back the personal poll on our BG because it always helps to see what others are thinking.

Bridge Guy:
1. SK or no?
4. Homeless or not?

1 I lean toward SK.
2 Local enough to know the lay of the land
3 Unknown. I'd guess 30s or 40s.
4 Not
5 From the standpoint of A&L, unplanned. I find it hard to believe that he would have known they would be there at all. I think he saw an opportunity and couldn't help himself. Whether he was already on the prowl is another question. Why go to that park and expect an opportunity to pop up.
6 I lean toward lone wolf, but that makes the logistics a lot tougher

How many tips do you think they should be receiving after one year?

bbm- "the fact is people think they have him" That is simply not true.

As far as Carter, every word he utters has been scrutinized for hidden meanings. It's also important to keep his words in context with the statement he made. He has appealed to more than family members when he described BG's stance, gait, etc.

People here have opined on that so much I won't go further than that.
The tips had slowed to 1 or 2 a day. Then after the anniversary PC it was reported they had received 300. They have said themselves that they probably have already spoken to him and they have to continue thru the haystack to get to the needle. They still have not excluded everyone. Thats why I said that- "the fact is people think they have him." Even posters on here think that. Obviously not everyone.

Just Google "Delphi murders latest" and see the results or " who is the suspect in Delphi murders".

I think LE has an idea of who it is. IMO. I believe that LE keeps them in the loop enough for the family to know there will be light at the end of the tunnel soon. Also, it’s always great to have more tips and info for when BG is charged. The more evidence against him the better- why not keep getting all you can until he is arrest and really solidify the case! Again, my mind wants to believe this is all going to end soon for the families and justice will be served. I know it’s a stretch! But the family seems to be holding onto hope, so we all have to ... right ?! I really appreciate all your posts by the way. Love the respect even when you disagree with theories of others 

The reason I think they know who BG is because if they had no clue about this person they would have been compelled to release more information to the public. But Doug Carter's statement that they do not want to release any further information and their belief of BG being identified by his gait, the clothes and the blurry pic makes me feel LE knows. But then again, I cannot think why they would want GBI to be involved in this case.:confused::confused:

1) Serial killer (has maybe killed once or twice before but not more)
2) Grew up in area. Moved back to within 50 miles.
3) 40 years old
4) Not homeless but modest income - wage job in maintenance shop doing clean up work, etc. - something like that. material handling job)
5) Both planned and spontaneous. - He knew the area and thought about doing this if the situation presented itself. Had the perfect set up where no one was around, and cornered the girls. Go really pissed off that they look scared of him or took video of him...and he flew into a rage and took them down the hill to teach them a lesson. Got out of control and he killed them like he had killed before.
6) Lone wolf since this was semi-spontaneous.

I just wonder why tips have slowed up so much if they don't already have someone in mind. How do they know this guy even has a wife, brother etc who will turn him in? The fact is people think they have him and the comments about having hundreds of POI's didn't help either. So tips have slowed. LE need to come clean and give out some clear messages on the status of the investigation.

Tips have slowed because there are only so many scenarios people can contemplate without further info from LE. Sadly, I think BG wins this battle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The reason I think they know who BG is because if they had no clue about this person they would have been compelled to release more information to the public. But Doug Carter's statement that they do not want to release any further information and their belief of BG being identified by his gait, the clothes and the blurry pic makes me feel LE knows. But then again, I cannot think why they would want GBI to be involved in this case.:confused::confused:

I don’t think they have a clue who he is, and I don’t think they possess any more info to release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any Georgia killings that might link to this one???

I just wonder why tips have slowed up so much if they don't already have someone in mind. How do they know this guy even has a wife, brother etc who will turn him in? The fact is people think they have him and the comments about having hundreds of POI's didn't help either. So tips have slowed. LE need to come clean and give out some clear messages on the status of the investigation.

THIS^^^^^! Right On!

Doug Carter is a political appointee. He retired from ISP trooper duties in 2002 and since then, was elected sheriff of Hamilton County and worked in private industry.

While Carter seems quite determined to position himself front and center in the Delphi investigation, it's Holeman who's the lead investigator and has familiarity with the details. Carter's own public statements indicate that he's not so well-versed in the nuts and bolts of the case and the ISP has on occasion tried to clarify the situation, as with the sketch and witnesses.

IMO, this is a problem with this case in general - there's so little information available that it doesn't help at all to have a grandstander clouding the picture.

And THIS^^^^^!!!!! LE needs a new and more effective Spokesperson!!!!

Bridge Guy:
1. SK or no? SK
2. Local (25 mi radius), semi local (50-75 mi) or non local? Non-Local (*w/caveat)
3. what age range do you believe he is? 30s
4. Homeless or not? No
5. Planned attack or spontaneous? Planned
6. Lone wolf or accomplice? Lone wolf

If LE was merely trying to appeal to a specific person to come forward i.e if they know who BG is...I think that his age, weight, height could be a little more specific so that “the wife, child, etc” would be better prompted to recognize him. As it stands, they appear to be reaching out to the country at large. I am hard-pressed to think of another photo image that is so vague and almost useless an a tool to narrow down some of these specifics. What bad luck. Jmo

Unbelievable -- a crime with video and the voice of the killer, bodies found quickly, etc. -- and here we are over a year later with no arrest.

moo

Snipped

Bridge Guy:
1. SK or no?
4. Homeless or not?

1. SK
2. Non local SK Israel Keyes type
3. 40s
4. Not homeless, ordinary person that no one would suspect
5. Planned but no particular victims
6. Lone wolf