IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets say LE actually arrests someone. Lets say that BG doesn't look like the sketch. Any defense attorney will demand the alleged witnesses that contributed to the sketch and might even arrange a lineup. The point is that a defense attorney could use the very same witnesses to claim there is someone else out there that is responsible and not their client. LE had better have DNA.

The other scenario is even if BG kind of, sort of, or mostly looks like the sketch however not all or only one of the alleged witnesses can pick him out of a lineup. The defense attorney is going to use that fact to argue someone else is responsible.

The issue isn't with finding BG or arresting someone when it comes to the sketch but when it comes to the prosecution and the only thing that puts BG at that scene is the witnesses and not things like DNA, fingerprints, or phone records. What defense attorney is not going to like a situation where the alleged witnesses might all be describing similar yet different individuals rather than one, let alone the person arrested.

Superintendent Carter should probably stop talking unless he is actually going to provide useful information. This case has been hobbled by LE not providing useful information and the media being compliant rather than pursuing the story and putting pressure on LE. If left to Indiana LE I have very little confidence in their ability to solve this case. I am glad they are having GBI look into it and I only hope that Indiana LE learns something from it.

Anyone familiar with the Kristene Chapa/Mollie Olgin case? Their story ran again recently on Dateline and it not only reminded me of Abby/Libby's story, but confuses me terribly that they had a composite sketch from the victim that looked exactly like a POI and even had his DNA near the scene AND similarities in MO in the crime. My point is that their POI was cleared because of a discrepancy in height as told by the victim. WS link here

I was so excited for A&L 's case when I heard they had video/audio of the suspected assailant. I thought for sure that Libby was a hero in her own death and this monster would be found easily and brought to justice quickly ... after hearing the Chapa/Olgin case again and the seemingly small amount of actual evidence LE has, I'm growing so disheartened. Seriously hoping that LE has so much more than we know and are playing the "we have no clue" card for specific reasons :/

Any Georgia killings that might link to this one???

I think someone had mentioned about an unsolved teenager's murder in Georgia but I cannot remember who it was or which thread number.

That was me. Here is the GBI's list of unsolved homicides:
https://gbi.georgia.gov/cases/unsolved-homicide

I looked back through that list above for two criteria: female and a minor. I went back maybe 10 yrs. and found one.
This is the direct link to Hannah Truelove, she was 16 at the time of her murder, went missing 8/23/12 and was found the next day.
https://gbi.georgia.gov/case/unsolved-homicide-1681
She has a thread here at WS. Quite a few of the articles linked are now 404 File Not Found, but going from info quoted in early posts, there were indications she died a "violent death", may have had a stalker, was found near a trail in the woods on the shore of Lake Lanier behind her apartment complex in Gainesville (north portion of Georgia). Like Libby & Abby, LE did not reveal COD and told the man who found Hannah not to relay any info about what he saw to anyone. I haven't finished reading her entire WS thread yet:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Hannah-Truelove-16-Gainesville-24-August-2012

ETA: this video from 11/2015 gives more info & shows the woods where Hannah was found. It sounds like LE located and ruled out her stalker.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2015/11/09/unsolved-georgia-teen-murdered-after-posting-chilling-tweets/

Unbelievable -- a crime with video and the voice of the killer, bodies found quickly, etc. -- and here we are over a year later with no arrest.

moo

Yeah, it's hard to take.

IMO it reflects BG's deliberate planning for how to commit this crime without being caught.

The audio/video/images are great, but perhaps not unique enough, unlike a tattoo, etc.

I'd be interested if anyone has found a resource about how these kinds of lone murderers/serial killers have been caught. Just from anecdotes, it often seems like a luck.

I often wonder why BG didn't do a better job at hiding the girls : (
It makes me think the following are possibilities and would be curious on others take.

1. He ran off quickly in shock at what he had just done.
2. He ran/hid because he heard the searchers that evening.
3. He felt he could come back at a later time and hide them better. He knew the territory.
4. He ran/hid but didn't come back because he did not know the area and could not find the CS again.
5. He wanted them to be found.

Unbelievable -- a crime with video and the voice of the killer, bodies found quickly, etc. -- and here we are over a year later with no arrest.

moo

I keep coming back to that point. And 30K in tips. Multitudes of investigators. Billboards all over the country. And we are here with no arrest. I'm thinking there will have to be an arrest and then a DNA match.

It makes me think the following are possibilities and would be curious on others take.

3. He felt he could come back at a later time and hide them better. He knew the territory.
4. He ran/hid but didn't come back because he did not know the area and could not find the CS again.

It could be possible he ran off fast due to Libby’s phone ringing crazy because they were late for pickup time ...but now after cleaning my house all day and dealing with 3 children I’m starting to draw a blank if her phone was going straight to voicemail... ? Someone feel free to set me butt straight lol

That was me. Here is the GBI's list of unsolved homicides:
https://gbi.georgia.gov/cases/unsolved-homicide

I looked back through that list above for two criteria: female and a minor. I went back maybe 10 yrs. and found one.
This is the direct link to Hannah Truelove, she was 16 at the time of her murder, went missing 8/23/12 and was found the next day.
https://gbi.georgia.gov/case/unsolved-homicide-1681
She has a thread here at WS. Quite a few of the articles linked are now 404 File Not Found, but going from info quoted in early posts, there were indications she died a "violent death", may have had a stalker, was found near a trail in the woods on the shore of Lake Lanier behind her apartment complex in Gainesville (north portion of Georgia). Like Libby & Abby, LE did not reveal COD and told the man who found Hannah not to relay any info about what he saw to anyone. I haven't finished reading her entire WS thread yet:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Hannah-Truelove-16-Gainesville-24-August-2012

ETA: this video from 11/2015 gives more info & shows the woods where Hannah was found. It sounds like LE located and ruled out her stalker.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2015/11/09/unsolved-georgia-teen-murdered-after-posting-chilling-tweets/

This is interesting ... going to look into this .. I’ve always thought BG had struck before but it had been awhile ago.

1 I lean toward SK.
2 Local enough to know the lay of the land
3 Unknown. I'd guess 30s or 40s.
4 Not
5 From the standpoint of A&L, unplanned. I find it hard to believe that he would have known they would be there at all. I think he saw an opportunity and couldn't help himself. Whether he was already on the prowl is another question. Why go to that park and expect an opportunity to pop up.
6 I lean toward lone wolf, but that makes the logistics a lot tougher

I'm actually going to amend this. I originally thought #2 local, but now I think it was somebody who was at most semi-local or even non-local, but who happened to know Monan Bridge and the area around it and stopped by from time to time.
Also I think I underestimated the age. I'll up that to late 40s to 50s.

Bridge Guy:
1. SK or no?
* Not a SK yet but will become one if not caught. I believe e has raped and murdere at least one victim previous to Libby and Abigail.

2. Local (25 mi radius), semi local (50-75 mi) or non local?
* Semi local, but frequently travels away for extended periods. Probably grew up in Delphi.

3. what age range do you believe he is?
*40s

4. Homeless or not?
* Not

5. Planned attack or spontaneous?
* Planned but had been looking for the opportunity for a while. Grabbed the opportunity when it presented itself, but only planned on having one victim that day.

6. Lone wolf or accomplice?
* Lone wolf

How many tips do you think they should be receiving after one year?

bbm- "the fact is people think they have him" That is simply not true.

As far as Carter, every word he utters has been scrutinized for hidden meanings. It's also important to keep his words in context with the statement he made. He has appealed to more than family members when he described BG's stance, gait, etc.

People here have opined on that so much I won't go further than that.

One of Texas' most wanted sex offenders captured at Colorado campsite
1520386565-stewart.JPG

Dakota Marcus Stewart
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/03/06/one-texas-wanted-sex-offenders-captured-colorado

Right on, Bird of Paradise! There were 26,000 tips by August of last year that LEO had to filter through. That includes after the sketch was released in mid-July. One official opined that it is possible that LEOs have already spoken to BG. Hence, they began combing through the tips again. Now, they are giving the GA FBI a chance to find something they may have missed. This case is complicated, complex and has a twist.

Common sense tells us that when officials do have the killer(s) within their grasp, they will be so relieved, so jubilant that we will likely see the largest attended press conference in American criminal history. LEO is not going to keep it a secret when BG is arrested. All of us will join them in the bittersweet dance.

Until that moment arrives, when I close my eyes at night, it is Abby's and Libby's face that I see.

I am not privy to any more information than the next person. I don't know what happened after 2:30 but, I feel compelled to show this chart for I thought surely IN had the most RSOs on the planet. That is not true. Have sexual offenses against our youth become an epidemic? We, as a society, must find a way to stop the madness.

alaska-has-the-highest-amount-of-registered-sex-of-1429093655.95-3660672.png

Right on, Bird of Paradise! There were 26,000 tips by August of last year that LEO had to filter through. That includes after the sketch was released in mid-July. One official opined that it is possible that LEOs have already spoken to BG. Hence, they began combing through the tips again. Now, they are giving the GA FBI a chance to find something they may have missed. This case is complicated, complex and has a twist.

Common sense tells us that when officials do have the killer(s) within their grasp, they will be so relieved, so jubilant that we will likely see the largest attended press conference in American criminal history. LEO is not going to keep it a secret when BG is arrested. All of us will join them in the bittersweet dance.

Until that moment arrives, when I close my eyes at night, it is Abby's and Libby's face that I see.

I am not privy to any more information than the next person. I don't know what happened after 2:30 but, I feel compelled to show this chart for I thought surely IN had the most RSOs on the planet. That is not true. Have sexual offenses against our youth become an epidemic? We, as a society, must find a way to stop the madness.

alaska-has-the-highest-amount-of-registered-sex-of-1429093655.95-3660672.png

Good grief that's a frightening graphic there are so many monsters out there.

This was a completely different victimology, but is a very troubling unsolved crime from Georgia.

https://www.ajc.com/news/cold-case-...uple-remains-unsolved/M3BDpm3beZZ39qnHwdjLFP/

I also wonder if the GBI’s experience with the Meredith Emerson case might be why they were brought into the Delphi case. The case is solved, but it has some similarities.

IMO.
I thought of Meredith Hope Emerson, too. That one will always haunt me, every time I consider a lone hiking adventure I think of her.
I can not think of any other similar crimes in GA.
I wish Foxfire were here. Would love to hear his thoughts on this.

The reason I think they know who BG is because if they had no clue about this person they would have been compelled to release more information to the public. But Doug Carter's statement that they do not want to release any further information and their belief of BG being identified by his gait, the clothes and the blurry pic makes me feel LE knows. But then again, I cannot think why they would want GBI to be involved in this case.:confused::confused:
Maybe they are asking GBI to look over the case to see if they have missed a piece of evidence that would allow them to convict without any further tips. Maybe the answer they need is there or maybe not but they want to make sure they haven't overlooked a way to definitively tie him to it.

This is interesting ... going to look into this .. I’ve always thought BG had struck before but it had been awhile ago.

He may strike only when under extreme stress...major life changes. For example a divorce/divorces, failed relationship, fired from a job or something along those lines.

He may strike only when under extreme stress...major life changes. For example a divorce/divorces, failed relationship, fired from a job or something along those lines.

Yep- I would guess that’s the issue w BG and when he strikes.

6. He didn't care either way because he knew he'd be long gone

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Maybe BG is a newly diagnosed Parkinsonian..with a stooped over posture...with a very distinctive gait...and decided to take the despair that accompanies that diagnosis out on the girls. I wish every neurologist in the country could see his image on the bridge and his facial sketch released July of 2017. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater