IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #84

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most, if not all of that can be recovered with forensic tools. Unless you wipe the phone whatever was deleted is likely going to still be there and recovered.

I have the KiK app. My activity from my end is recorded and accessible. Even if BG was on there as an anon user and using various walls to hide himself, the girls' activity should still be accessible. LE should still be able to determine that they were speaking to someone on it and making plans, even if they have difficulty tracing him.

Wow, very interesting and very sad article re: KIK. Article also mentions musical.ly which may have interested our girls also. WTH is society coming to? It greatly disgusts me to read about this type online/phone use and I am concerned maybe they did fall victim to an online predator.

I am not convinced they were going to meet up with a online predator acting as a teen boy on the trail. Abigail's mum said she was dressed very casually and she was wearing one of her mum's old sweatshirts. If they were going to meet a teen boy would they not have dressed up to meet him? Please know I'm not being critical of the girl's appearance or clothing in any way whatsoever.

Would it be publicly known if law enforcement had legally requested information from an app like KIK or would it be sealed?

^ I meant to include the quote that I was responding to in my post above, but it didn't work. Oops.

That makes me question it being a chance meeting too. I really think it could be either scenario IMO but it makes me more suspicious now that the wrong person might have seen their plans to be at the bridge... They had a full night awake to be chatting on social media about this and that, fun plans, ect. (<-- I'm only just guessing that they might have. Just IMO).

If they were allowed to be up all night because of the day off from school the next day, a lot of other teenagers and friends from the same school probably would've been enjoying not having to go to bed at normal times, and been up late on social media too that night.

I'm not real sure what to make of this information. The fact that they were up all night doesn't strike me as odd. My 11-year-old had a sleepover last night and they were up all night. When he spends the night with his little buddy, they're sometimes still up when I go to pick him up the next day. So I don't see that as odd. Any social media activity that they may have had would be easily traceable. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the predator accessed their social media accounts after the fact and erased things. It could still be found. Like they say, the internet is forever. I once deleted a post on Facebook by accident. I didn't realize I'd done it until several weeks later. I contacted FB and they went back in and retrieved it for me. (It was an important one with information I didn't want to lose.) As I posted above, even with KiK, the information would be accessible on their end, even if the other user was anonymous.

It seems like if social media or the computer at all, there would be some kind of talk about that from LE or the families. But then, we're getting such little information anyway that it's hard to say.

[FONT=&quot]Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children.[/FONT]"I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives.[FONT=&quot]That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time." [/FONT][FONT=&quot]This particular statement makes me think LE initially felt this case involved a catfish situation.

I had to copy this from the earlier thread, I don't know how to quote from the previous thread. One of the possible scenarios is that Libby may have been chatting with someone online
[/FONT]
who may have presented himself as a young high school kid. Libby may have confided in [FONT=&quot]Abby and then the night before they may have chatted with this Guy and mentioned their plans of going to the trails the next day ([/FONT]Innocent teenage talk)[FONT=&quot]. I have no clue about the Kik app but it seems to be a common place for predators as the article linked by one of the sleuth mentioned. I am sure LE has the resources and the technology to figure this out and may have ruled it out, or it could also be one of the reasons they have asked the assistance of GBI.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I keep going back to the initial information that was provided because most of the time that is the most logical information in that particular scenario before overanalyzing ruins it.

[/FONT]

[FONT="][I][FONT=Lato]Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children.[/FONT][/I][/FONT][/COLOR][U][FONT=Lato]"I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives.[/FONT][/U][COLOR=#212121][FONT="]That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time." [/FONT][FONT="][FONT=Lato][I]This particular statement makes me think LE initially felt this case involved a catfish situation.

I had to copy this from the earlier thread, I don't know how to quote from the previous thread. One of the possible scenarios is that Libby may have been chatting with someone online [/I][/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][I][COLOR=#212121][FONT=Lato]who may have presented himself as a young high school kid. Libby may have confided in [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#212121][FONT="]Abby and then the night before they may have chatted with this Guy and mentioned their plans of going to the trails the next day ([/FONT]
Innocent teenage talk)[FONT="][FONT=Lato]. I have no clue about the Kik app but it seems to be a common place for predators as the article linked by one of the sleuth mentioned. I am sure LE has the resources and the technology to figure this out and may have ruled it out, or it could also be one of the reasons they have asked the assistance of GBI.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT="]I keep going back to the initial information that was provided because most of the time that is the most logical information in that particular scenario before overanalyzing ruins it.

[/FONT]

[/I]

It's an important quote thank you for posting it. It doesn't necessarily mean the girls were meeting up with someone online though. Abigail's mum was really angry she was walking on that dreadful bridge and said she would never have agreed to it. Perhaps Sgt. Riley was meaning the girls were walking on parts of the trail they should not have been and their loved ones did not know exactly where they were going to be walking. Perhaps I am totally wrong it is difficult to know for sure when we know so little.

It's an important quote thank you for posting it. It doesn't necessarily mean the girls were meeting up with someone online though. Abigail's mum was really angry she was walking on that dreadful bridge and said she would never have agreed to it. Perhaps Sgt. Riley was meaning the girls were walking on parts of the trail they should not have been and their loved ones did not know exactly where they were going to be walking. Perhaps I am totally wrong it is difficult to know for sure when we know so little.

I took it more or less the same way.

I am not convinced they were going to meet up with a online predator acting as a teen boy on the trail. Abigail's mum said she was dressed very casually and she was wearing one of her mum's old sweatshirts. If they were going to meet a teen boy would they not have dressed up to meet him? Please know I'm not being critical of the girl's appearance or clothing in any way whatsoever.

Would it be publicly known if law enforcement had legally requested information from an app like KIK or would it be sealed?

Greg, I agree and have always thought it wasn't a catfishing in part due to they were casually dressed and not dressed up as one would expect if going to meet a boy. But what if they had been chatting with some random person via KiK who was innocent, but had a friend or relative present who saw the convo (looking over shoulder or whatever, and saw that the girls were talking about going to the bridge on their day off?)

Wow, very interesting and very sad article re: KIK. Article also mentions musical.ly which may have interested our girls also. WTH is society coming to? It greatly disgusts me to read about this type online/phone use and I am concerned maybe they did fall victim to an online predator.

Libby did indeed also have a musical.ly account. I saw the link someone posted and saw her profile there. I am not really familiar with that app though

Libby did indeed also have a musical.ly account. I saw the link someone posted and saw her profile there. I am not really familiar with that app though

My daughter does have musically- majority of her friends as well. We are in a small town like Delphi— bit bigger. But my daughter and all of her friends know that anyone messaging you from accounts besides account you know, isn’t really who they say they are or someone messaging for the wrong reasons. We have had a few of the friends alert us moms when a random user messages - they are 10! Some have even deleted their own account because they felt it was off- I have hard time believing 13 year old girls wouldn’t know better as well-jmo

Greg, I agree and have always thought it wasn't a catfishing in part due to they were casually dressed and not dressed up as one would expect if going to meet a boy. But what if they had been chatting with some random person via KiK who was innocent, but had a friend or relative present who saw the convo (looking over shoulder or whatever, and saw that the girls were talking about going to the bridge on their day off?)

KIK is a dangerous app because it is anonymous. You don&#8217;t need to link your phone number to your KIK account, and you don&#8217;t need to use your real name. Anyone on KIK can pretend to be whomever they want to be. There is no way of determining whether the person you are messaging is the age and sex they claim to be, and your location can be tracked by users of KIK unless you disable location.

KIK is a dangerous app because it is anonymous. You don&#8217;t need to link your phone number to your KIK account, and you don&#8217;t need to use your real name. Anyone on KIK can pretend to be whomever they want to be. There is no way of determining whether the person you are messaging is the age and sex they claim to be, and your location can be tracked by users of KIK unless you disable location.

Wow!! that's scary. I do not think any teenager should be allowed to use an app like that. MOO

Tonight's Paula Zahn show is eerily similar to this case, although it involved just one woman fishing (and then another subsequent attempted murder before he was caught). The woman was killed along a wooded river (while fishing) with a hatchet.

The man was obsessed with her, as it turns out, from working with her. But it seems he was a serial killer in the making.

A wild theory, but wonder who this guys friends are....it was a case from the midwest.

I posted this link a couple of weeks ago, and am posting again. The article is dated March 8, 2017, and reports on a Flora city council meeting. A Flora officer that had been working on the Delphi case was responding to questions posed by the Flora council about whether the citizens there should be concerned for their safety. His answers lead me to believe that they thought, at least at the beginning, that social media was involved in some way.

Council president Josh Ayres asked if there are any safety concerns for Flora. Redmon replied, “Parents need to know where their kids are and what they are doing.” Redmon went on to explain, “if there is anything good that has come out of this, it is that kids on social media are being looked into. With social media, anyone can talk to anyone else all over the world.”

“Kids are talking to people they don’t know and some (of these people) have been sexual predators", he said.

http://m.carrollcountycomet.com/news/2017-03-08/Front_Page/Flora_Police_discuss_dangers_connected_to_social_m.html#.WqX0n4FOk0M

I posted this link a couple of weeks ago, and am posting again. The article is dated March 8, 2017, and reports on a Flora city council meeting. A Flora officer that had been working on the Delphi case was responding to questions posed by the Flora council about whether the citizens there should be concerned for their safety. His answers lead me to believe that they thought, at least at the beginning, that social media was involved in some way.

Council president Josh Ayres asked if there are any safety concerns for Flora. Redmon replied, &#8220;Parents need to know where their kids are and what they are doing.&#8221; Redmon went on to explain, &#8220;if there is anything good that has come out of this, it is that kids on social media are being looked into. With social media, anyone can talk to anyone else all over the world.&#8221;

&#8220;Kids are talking to people they don&#8217;t know and some (of these people) have been sexual predators", he said.

http://m.carrollcountycomet.com/new...ngers_connected_to_social_m.html#.WqX0n4FOk0M

Quoting myself - I am sorry, but I could not for the life of me get the link to properly post on mobile. Nor can I properly format the italics. Please bear with it. Everything from "Council president Josh Ayres . . . " on is a quote from the article. Sorry!

Quoting myself - I am sorry, but I could not for the life of me get the link to properly post on mobile. Nor can I properly format the italics. Please bear with it. Everything from "Council president Josh Ayres . . . " on is a quote from the article. Sorry!

IMHO If LE has/had evidence that KIK or Musical.ly apps were involved they should be publicizing that - people know people they know have apps -
it’s at least another way to look for BG.

Not sure I've ever seen this clumped together and discussed before ..maybe it has and I just don't recall , but what are all the Known Deviations From Normalcy in the days and hours prior to the girls being murdered?

1. The girls were up all night long the day before it happened. (Info from a public video BP shared of KG giving a speech a few days ago)
2. This was Abby's first time crossing the bridge.
3. There was no school that day.

What else ? And what Insight or Clues can be derived from these things?

Finding out that the girls were up all night February 12th-13th opened up new questions in my head. Now this is conjecture but wouldn't it be likely to say during all those hours in the middle of the night they probably used social media at some point? I don't know of any teens that age who go that long without touching their phone. Which makes me wonder who might they have been chatting with and what was said?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2265948680089307&id=100000225927071

We will allow this link and the video in it to stay in the thread and you may discuss what KG says in the video.

However, please stick to the video only and do not sleuth KG or BP. They are also victims in this case. Please use their initials if you need to reference them regarding the video.

:tyou:

I fail to see that as anything beyond the sound advice it is. The thought that BG is a super anon stalking and killing on snap and musically boggles my mind. Any social media accounts 3 degrees of A&B has been scrutinized to the highest degree possible.

The feds cracked tor took down silk road and freedom hosting. It's not logical to think if BG found them through social media. They wouldn't know.

I fail to see that as anything beyond the sound advice it is. The thought that BG is a super anon stalking and killing on snap and musically boggles my mind. Any social media accounts 3 degrees of A&B has been scrutinized to the highest degree possible.

The feds cracked tor took down silk road and freedom hosting. It's not logical to think if BG found them through social media. They wouldn't know.
I respectfully disagree, people may use other methods to browse anonymously online, and one method besides Tor is a virtual private network, or VPN. They are easy to use. Basically a user may pick an IP address that is not local, in order to browse anonymously. I've used them in the past to browse websites I don't trust. I've used IP's over in Asia and Europe.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member