Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #11 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if spousal privilege can be used in cases involving children? I've been told no. But it might vary depending on state law. I'm no law expert and couldn't even begin to know where to research this. Thanks in advance if anyone can clarify this for us.

http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article204752704.html
I’m speechless. JH says he will welcome her home if she can get out of jail.
But if there’s a restraining order, how does that work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it's a typical restraining order, just a condition of her bond. If she is released by the judge, he could easily take that restriction off if he didn't feel it was necessary.

Do we know if JH is still in town or has he returned to work? If he's out of state again I can see how she could still return to the home even if the condition is still in place. BUT a violation of bond would be grounds for the bond to be forfeited and her to be thrown back in jail. We'll just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Have contact with 'the boy'??
Um.... what?

ETA - but really though. Is she so full of it that she is just acting like Lucas is at home, waiting for her? This is so beyond weird I don't know what to make of it.

That's just her attorney's way of maintaining her innocence in regard to Lucas' disappearance IMO and in my experience.

I seen something in past threads that I was curious about. Does anyone know how long it takes for wounds to heal post mortem? I have seen some people say that the longer it takes to find Lucas there won't be any evidence of abuse. Is that meaning if it's skeletal remains? Because I would think that once a body dies, wounds and brusies don't heal. Forgive me if I sound like i should repeat the 5th grade.

I'm sorry if this has been answered. WARNING GRAPHIC.

You cannot heal after you have died. The needing to find him sooner for more evidence is regard to injuries to his skin, organs, etc. The more a body decomposes, the less there is left for testing and examination. It would likely be down to the bones, and unless there are obvious bone breaks or other injuries to the bone (cuts, saw marks etc), there wouldn't be any evidence remaining of injury/cause of death.

I highly doubt he thinks that. IMO - he just doesn't care. We've seen people choose their significant other over their children time and time again on this site.

I wish I could say I was speechless or shocked but sadly, I am not. I'd be shocked if he DIDN'T know of the abuse beforehand. I'd be SHOCKED if he was even bothered by it at all.

What I am....is completing disgusted. Poor Lucas.

I'm hoping that he is just "playing along" to make her seem like everything is ok in hopees that she will let down her defenses and let something slip.

Excellent ESO!!! Thank you very much!!!!! :)

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Right back at ya! I’m determined that Lucas will be found. I’m just doing my part!

Yes, there is a no contact order. The hearing is Wednesday at 130. Jh also stated that he will let her back in the home. These articles are all in the Wichita Eagle. How do you post multiple news links?

Yes, there is a no contact order. The hearing is Wednesday at 130. Jh also stated that he will let her back in the home. These articles are all in the Wichita Eagle. How do you post multiple news links?

I just copy and paste each link, it works for me.

I'm disgusted, but not the least bit surprised.

EG did not exist in a vacuum. She is not one rotten apple in a world otherwise full of bluebirds and rainbows.

Lucas has been repeatedly failed, abused, and neglected by many more people than just EG.

<modsnip>

You took the words right out of my mouth. The only thing I read in all of that is &#8220;I do what I want!&#8221; And in all honesty, it&#8217;s true. In her mind she&#8217;s gotten away with it.

For 23 days we have all searched, posted to SM, contacted the media, distributed flyers, worried, stressed, cried tears of sadness and hurt for an innocent child, (one that most of us haven&#8217;t met) amongst so much more. A child that had very few (not including select family that has been amazing to him), on his side, for the last 5 years. I take a different way to and from work every day to triple check areas I have already checked and will continue to do so.

TWENTY THREE DAYS MISSING. That&#8217;s the harsh reality. An innocent little boy.

Well, now that I have gotten that out of my system I will go about my regularly scheduled evening activities of homework, laundry, cleaning, enjoying my children. The things that a MOM does every single day. Even on the days she doesn&#8217;t want to.

This isn&#8217;t over. I will keep fighting the fight because I don&#8217;t give up and that is what Lucas deserves. There is a special place for people who abuse children in my book.

Sick to my stomach. Carry on. [emoji17]

I feel like I've been kicked in the gut.

What kind of dad would happily welcome home a woman clearly suspected of getting rid of his son? Is he in misery at all, or does he just want this all to go away, get custody of their girl back, and live happily ever after<modsnip>

What kind of dad would happily welcome home a woman clearly suspected of getting rid of his son? Is he in misery at all, or does he just want this all to go away, get custody of their girl back, and live happily ever after <modsnip>

Part of me agrees with you. Part of me thinks maybe, I would put on a front and do whatever it took - WHATEVER it took- to get answers when they got out. And the &#8216;whatever&#8217; might even be why there&#8217;s been a protection order/restraining order whatever it&#8217;s called keeping them from contacting the other. Maybe.

Ok. Thanks. I see all of the links are here anyways. I'm just devastated by what I read. I can't think straight.

I'm sick to death of the possibility that EG bails out after the hearing tomorrow. And then I see on the news this headline Ohio babysitter accused of beating 3-year-old girl to near death and I immediately think what the hell is wrong with people these days? Seriously this is like a damned epidemic.

Not sure if this will ever become a law.... but -- my .02 is that anyone who knowingly allows a child to be abused in their home (even if THEY didn't participate in the abuse) should get the same punishment as the spouse/girlfrend/boyfriend /significant other.
Every case is different and I understand that.

This also brings back some memories of Lisa Irwins' and Ayla Reynolds' cases. A child or baby goes 'missing' while the adult caregiver is "sleeping".
Almost never happens that a little one is snatched by a stranger --esp. one who would have to go into the house.

What kind of dad would happily welcome home a woman clearly suspected of getting rid of his son? Is he in misery at all, or does he just want this all to go away, get custody of their girl back, and live happily ever after (while dodging ax handles).

This is ********.

Ron Cummings married Misty Croslin. Poor Haleigh is still missing 7 years later. Thankfully they’re both in prison on other charges.

Poor Lucas. I am so sad for him &#128542;

There shouldn&#8217;t be a lynch-mob mentality against his wife, he said.

&#8221;I realize it&#8217;s frustrating for the public not to know&#8221; what happened to Lucas, he said.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article204752704.html

:thud:

Wow.
:gaah:YES from your link he also says:
"If his wife can obtain a lower bond and get out of jail, it would benefit her and their children &#8212; their daughter and Lucas, Hernandez said."
IMO he's living in LaLa land thinking it's going to benefit anyone. Especially poor Lucas:tantrum:
jmo and wish I still drank

It’s mind numbing to think about how many people and systems can fail one innocent child. Agh.
Lucas I hope you know that you are loved and we won’t stop looking for you and loving you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member