Found Deceased CO - Micah Lambert, 39, Colorado Springs, 23 Sept 2017

for those of you who are local, do you believe there is an active serial killer in the area?

for those of you who are local, do you believe there is an active serial killer in the area?

I’m local and no, I don’t believe there’s an active serial killer. I have encountered numerous homeless people on the mountain trails as well as our city green belts that have made me really uncomfortable though. I don’t hike without pepper spray at the very least because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More human remains, clothes and a backpack were discovered Sunday near a hiking trail in Teller County where a missing Colorado Springs woman’s abandoned vehicle was found in September, the Teller County Sheriff’s Office said.

The bones and other articles were found about 200 yards from where a human skull was discovered by a hiker Friday afternoon near the Ring the Peak Trail near Catamount Reservoir west of Green Mountain Falls. The Sheriff’s Office is treating the death as suspicious.
Cmdr. Greg Couch said an autopsy will be done Monday morning to determine if the remains are Micah Lambert, 40, who was last seen Sept. 23 at a friend’s house in Colorado Springs.
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/12/teller-county-human-remains-missing-woman/

Yeah, the backpack makes me think that it is likely her. Kelsie was another one I couldn't remember the name of..

They have charged Kelsie's boyfriend now but still have no body. Her phone pings indicate Beulah which is about 80 miles south of the area where these remains are located. I guess it could still be someone other than ML but relatives may know soon hopefully.

Did that make sense? They confirm it is ML but can't confirm it is ML???

moo

No sense at all. I think maybe the news messed up the headline.
Perhaps LE is currently confirming they BELIEVE this to be Micah but are waiting for more tests to be 100% sure? :dunno:

No sense at all. I think maybe the news messed up the headline.
Perhaps LE is currently confirming they BELIEVE this to be Micah but are waiting for more tests to be 100% sure? :dunno:

It looks like they updated a previous article.

[h=1]Remains found on Catamount Trail belong to 39-year-old woman[/h]
TELLER COUNTY, Colo. - An official identification hasn't been released, but the Teller County Sheriff's Office says the human remains found Friday on the Catamount Trail near Woodland Park belong to a 39-year-old woman.

It's a very strong hint that the remains are that of Micah Lambert, the 39-year-old woman who went missing in the area last September. Lambert's car was found in October.

We reported Friday when a hiker found a skull in the area around 5 p.m. Deputies secured a large scene and found additional bone fragments and a backpack.
Investigators haven't officially said the remains are related to Lambert's case.
http://www.krdo.com/news/remains-found-on-catamount-trail-belong-to-39-year-old-woman/715280862

RBBM.

Here is a more recent article that says it might be suicide:

Updated:
Mar 12, 2018 05:58 PM MDT
Another question law enforcement still has is how this woman died, Couch says, "it looks like this perhaps may be suicide but there are still some questions we have to answer before we can make the determination on that."
http://www.krdo.com/news/top-storie...male-no-positive-identification-yet/715341995
So they know it's a woman and she may have died by suicide. I hope they aren't assuming again, like they did when she disappeared.
She was last seen 23rd yet NAMUS says 17th and the car was found abandoned on the 29th with no scent of ML anywhere around the car. So if it was suicide, who parked her car?

What about her phone records and location?

I had not caught that NAMUS shows her last seen on the 17th. All other MSM reports I've seen say the 23rd. I wonder which is correct?

This short news video was aired about the same time yesterday as that article I posted above. Listening to CMDR Couch speak it sounds to me like they think it's likely ML. When he speaks about details that have come to light that cause them to look at 'did this person take their own life or meet their demise at someone elses hand', it indicates they're considering both possibilities. It's understandable they have to cover all the bases, however something they saw made them mention homicide first. It doesn't make sense to me that a person setting out with the intention to take their own life would take a backpack with them, as hikers' backpacks typically contain items for sustenance. IMHO the dates and TW's murder on a trail not so far away, it makes me very suspicious that ML too met with foul play, and that is MOO.

http://www.krdo.com/video/local/teller-county-remains-are-39-year-old-female/715334471

So they know it's a woman and she may have died by suicide. I hope they aren't assuming again, like they did when she disappeared.
She was last seen 23rd yet NAMUS says 17th and the car was found abandoned on the 29th with no scent of ML anywhere around the car. So if it was suicide, who parked her car?

What about her phone records and location?
I wonder if it is possible for most of her scent to be washed away if it rained or snowed before they found her vehicle?

I wonder if it is possible for most of her scent to be washed away if it rained or snowed before they found her vehicle?

I was just reading an interesting article this morning that mentions weather conditions. The article is about air-scent dogs, from Virginia Search and Rescue Dog Assn. :

Bad weather does not limit use of search dogs

Air scenting search dogs can be used in almost any weather. Although strong winds, snow or heavy rain may destroy all traces or a subject’s track, the subject is still emitting scent, even if deceased. Wind helps rather than hinders the dog’s ability to detect scent. Light rain will rehydrate scent emitting particles that may have dried up during the day.

http://www.vsrda.org/about-vsrda/using-air-scent-dogs

ETA: not all SAR dogs are air-scent, some are tracking (ground scent). This offers a brief explanation:
https://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/sar-dog2.htm

I had not caught that NAMUS shows her last seen on the 17th. All other MSM reports I've seen say the 23rd. I wonder which is correct?

This short news video was aired about the same time yesterday as that article I posted above. Listening to CMDR Couch speak it sounds to me like they think it's likely ML. When he speaks about details that have come to light that cause them to look at 'did this person take their own life or meet their demise at someone elses hand', it indicates they're considering both possibilities. It's understandable they have to cover all the bases, however something they saw made them mention homicide first. It doesn't make sense to me that a person setting out with the intention to take their own life would take a backpack with them, as hikers' backpacks typically contain items for sustenance. IMHO the dates and TW's murder on a trail not so far away, it makes me very suspicious that ML too met with foul play, and that is MOO.

http://www.krdo.com/video/local/teller-county-remains-are-39-year-old-female/715334471
Did you notice where they had the trailhead marked on the map shown at the beginning? That would be near where he car was parked.
Perhaps the person who entered the NAMUS had not seen her since the 17th, was not the same person who saw her on the 23rd.
It's not impossible that she took her backpack because although depressed she was not fully committed to suicide, like out of habit, then out on the trail she became more despondent and made a snap decision. However I agree that a backpack doesn't really fit suicide. Maybe that is the thing LE is also considering causing them to investigate further. It seems sure that she didn't take it so she could bring her journal and leave a note or so her body could be ID.
I imagine the way a suicide would occur in rugged terrain without a firearm is jumping from a great height. They will know if there is a landscape feature nearby the remains that would make that feasible. If there is not that may be another reason they are considering homidice. Another might be overdose in which case they will have some sign of that in her belongings.
I don't know but i wouldn't expect her clothes to have deteriorated too much to make them useless for deriving clues. Hiking clothes and shoes usually contain synthetics and would last longer than some others.
I wish they had done their investigation when she was missing, processed her vehicle for clues, checked to see if anything of value was missing, etc. I guess she left her wallet and ID in her vehicle instead of putting it in her backpack. I wonder if that is normal for her? Wouldn't she have taken some objects like keys and cell phone and watch? It must have been a hard area to search for clues but it seems like a metal detector should have turned up something like that. I suppose since it was scattered even if her friends identified her backpack, that isn't enough to identify the remains as hers or they wouldn't be waiting for dental ID.

I was just reading an interesting article this morning that mentions weather conditions. The article is about air-scent dogs, from Virginia Search and Rescue Dog Assn. :

Bad weather does not limit use of search dogs

Air scenting search dogs can be used in almost any weather. Although strong winds, snow or heavy rain may destroy all traces or a subject’s track, the subject is still emitting scent, even if deceased. Wind helps rather than hinders the dog’s ability to detect scent. Light rain will rehydrate scent emitting particles that may have dried up during the day.

http://www.vsrda.org/about-vsrda/using-air-scent-dogs

ETA: not all SAR dogs are air-scent, some are tracking (ground scent). This offers a brief explanation:
https://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/sar-dog2.htm

Excellent information. Dogs are awesome.

Did you notice where they had the trailhead marked on the map shown at the beginning? That would be near where he car was parked.
Perhaps the person who entered the NAMUS had not seen her since the 17th, was not the same person who saw her on the 23rd.
It's not impossible that she took her backpack because although depressed she was not fully committed to suicide, like out of habit, then out on the trail she became more despondent and made a snap decision. However I agree that a backpack doesn't really fit suicide. Maybe that is the thing LE is also considering causing them to investigate further. It seems sure that she didn't take it so she could bring her journal and leave a note or so her body could be ID.
I imagine the way a suicide would occur in rugged terrain without a firearm is jumping from a great height. They will know if there is a landscape feature nearby the remains that would make that feasible. If there is not that may be another reason they are considering homidice. Another might be overdose in which case they will have some sign of that in her belongings.
I don't know but i wouldn't expect her clothes to have deteriorated too much to make them useless for deriving clues. Hiking clothes and shoes usually contain synthetics and would last longer than some others.
I wish they had done their investigation when she was missing, processed her vehicle for clues, checked to see if anything of value was missing, etc. I guess she left her wallet and ID in her vehicle instead of putting it in her backpack. I wonder if that is normal for her? Wouldn't she have taken some objects like keys and cell phone and watch? It must have been a hard area to search for clues but it seems like a metal detector should have turned up something like that. I suppose since it was scattered even if her friends identified her backpack, that isn't enough to identify the remains as hers or they wouldn't be waiting for dental ID.

She definitely should at least have her car keys with her in her backpack right, as you say. NAMUS describes her clothes as jeans and a blue puffa jacket iirc. When will they have those dental results? It was originally yesterday then 9 a.m. today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back