Identified! OR - Female, 30-45, Umpqua River near Gardiner, 1 Oct 2016 - Genelle McDaniel

I don't think we have discussed her shoes very much. I had never heard of the brand Navados but when I looked them up they seem to be commonly sold at Walmart. Seems like that won't be much help for pinpointing where she came from either.

This case needs isotope testing, IMO.

The nearest Walmart is 30 miles south in Coos Bay.

I'm in the Willamette Valley and could never survive without some kind of lip moisturizer - in fact I was rubbing vaseline on my kid's cracked and bleeding lip the other day. I've always thought that it has to do with being inside with the heat on, though. Might be different on the coast.

I agree that it's really hard to tell by her possessions whether she is more old person or hipster. I don't know why but am leaning towards middle-aged hipster-type person. She gives off a very Washington/Oregon/PNW vibe. I'd be surprised if she was from anywhere else.

Considering she had a UofPS water bottle with her, and her backpack had at least a change of clothes and grooming items, is it possible she was hitching from the Tacoma area originally?
Oh, and I grew up in western WA and lived there until my early 30s. Always had chapstick or lip balm of some kind.

I’m a little hung up on Renee Colleen Zeller, 40, who disappeared from Tigard OR 2/24/12. She left a suicide note and said she might go to the coast. She is listed as 5’ and 180 lbs, the weight putting her clothing outside the small/medium range, if correct. Her teeth are what made me want to know more.

Sadly, there are no photos and little information in her NamUS profile, but I found a FB page I’m quite sure is the same woman. I can’t post it here, of course, but look at Renee C Zeller and notice her front teeth. Possible IMO. There is a random post months after she would have disappeared, but that could have been family.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14468/1

We are allowed to sleuth the missing persons (just not their friends and family); so you can post her facebook if you are sure it is hers. Here is a 2010 mugshot of Renee compared with the sketch:

cache.php
cache.php

http://pdxmugshots.com/profile/462933/renee-colleen-zeller/

We are allowed to sleuth the missing persons (just not their friends and family); so you can post her facebook if you are sure it is hers. Here is a 2010 mugshot of Renee compared with the sketch:

cache.php
cache.php

http://pdxmugshots.com/profile/462933/renee-colleen-zeller/

Yes, she appears to be the same one. Here she is smiling. Again, it’s the teeth that made me look twice (looking at the skull photo). The drawing looks Native American to me, but the UID description doesn’t state that she is. Otherwise, she’s not far off IMO. I’m not sure that the clothing and accessories found with the UID are the type of thing Renee would have, both in size and style. Divorced 180 lb 40 year old mother of 3, taking online college classes, living with roommates. Connections on the coast much further north than Gardiner.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/renee.c.zeller.7

Attachments

• 41EBC3DF-AC29-46C7-BF8C-942E42444D4E.png
    41EBC3DF-AC29-46C7-BF8C-942E42444D4E.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 135
Yes, she appears to be the same one. Here she is smiling. Again, it’s the teeth that made me look twice (looking at the skull photo). The drawing looks Native American to me, but the UID description doesn’t state that she is. Otherwise, she’s not far off IMO. I’m not sure that the clothing and accessories found with the UID are the type of thing Renee would have, both in size and style. Divorced 180 lb 40 year old mother of 3, taking online college classes, living with roommates. Connections on the coast much further north than Gardiner.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/renee.c.zeller.7

She does seem to have nice straight teeth similar to the UID. The one small detail I see is that Renee appears to have a slight gap between her upper front teeth. Whereas with the UID teeth don't appear to have a gap. This could be due to the angle of the picture we have, however.

She does seem to have nice straight teeth similar to the UID. The one small detail I see is that Renee appears to have a slight gap between her upper front teeth. Whereas with the UID teeth don't appear to have a gap. This could be due to the angle of the picture we have, however.

Yes, it’s hard to tell about the gap without another photo. Is there one? Do you think I should go ahead and submit her based on what we can see of the teeth? I’m not sure how one decides whether to do that, newbie to this that I am. :)

Yes, it’s hard to tell about the gap without another photo. Is there one? Do you think I should go ahead and submit her based on what we can see of the teeth? I’m not sure how one decides whether to do that, newbie to this that I am. :)

I say go ahead and submit her if you are comfortable doing so, lilibet.

Attachments

• AF6AFE67-34F1-4B6E-B9CF-89D8BE5A928F.jpeg
    AF6AFE67-34F1-4B6E-B9CF-89D8BE5A928F.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 143
Ha! And what does “comfortable doing so mean”? :) Completely convinced or “the teeth look similar” and maybe...?

Here’s a close up from another photo of RZ. Could be the angle, but I don’t see the gap.

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...65913192053.2118907.1380850964&type=3&theater

Ok, after seeing this, I say go for it! Submit her! :cheer:
(The "if you feel comfortable" was just because you said you were new at submitting matches. I didn't want you to feel pressured :loveyou: To my shame, I haven't worked up the courage to submit anyone yet :blushing:)

Ok, after seeing this, I say go for it! Submit her! :cheer:
(The "if you feel comfortable" was just because you said you were new at submitting matches. I didn't want you to feel pressured :loveyou: To my shame, I haven't worked up the courage to submit anyone yet :blushing:)

This will only be my second...in the past week. I’ll give it a try. Thanks! It’s much easier than I thought it would be.

Submitted Renee.

I have a question. Why are people listed on NamUS but not the Doe Network? Both ladies I have submitted did not have Doe Network case files. I submitted using the Doe Network link provided me by a member on a different thread.
http://www.doenetwork.org/forms/index.php/945274/lang/en/newtest/Y

Should they be submitted to NamUS too or instead?

I don't know. Hopefully some other seasoned sleuths can answer!
Thanks for submitting a possible match, Lilibet! :tyou:

Submitted Renee.

I have a question. Why are people listed on NamUS but not the Doe Network? Both ladies I have submitted did not have Doe Network case files. I submitted using the Doe Network link provided me by a member on a different thread.
http://www.doenetwork.org/forms/index.php/945274/lang/en/newtest/Y

Should they be submitted to NamUS too or instead?

If I submit I do it to Namus, writing a mail to the casemanagers of both the MP and the UID, comparing all the stats for them and putting in the Namus files, sometimes also I put in comparing pictures, if there are none, as in this case, but there are elsewhere. In some cases It's also good to notify LE, the investigator handling a case, but it's harder to get access to their names and contact information. I'm still not very confident about the DNA-thing. In this case both have DNA, so you would think there is an automatic rule out. But I learned that the DNA sample can be anywhere in a lab, so finally in some cases a match has to made by hand.

In some cases there is no Namus file (yet) but there is a Doe network file, I would do both? Never submitted to the Doe Network. Did bring sometimes a Doe file under attention of a Namus casemanager.

If I submit I do it to Namus, writing a mail to the casemanagers of both the MP and the UID, comparing all the stats for them and putting in the Namus files, sometimes also I put in comparing pictures, if there are none, as in this case, but there are elsewhere. In some cases It's also good to notify LE, the investigator handling a case, but it's harder to get access to their names and contact information. I'm still not very confident about the DNA-thing. In this case both have DNA, so you would think there is an automatic rule out. But I learned that the DNA sample can be anywhere in a lab, so finally in some cases a match has to made by hand.

In some cases there is no Namus file (yet) but there is a Doe network file, I would do both? Never submitted to the Doe Network. Did bring sometimes a Doe file under attention of a Namus casemanager.

Thanks for the info. I was given a link to the Doe Network submission form on another thread when I said I didn’t know how to submit. So now I’ll submit both to NamUs as you suggest.

I’m still wondering how someone would decide whether to report their missing person or UID to NamUs or Doe or both? Do they work together or do they each do their own thing and complement each other’s efforts somehow?

Thanks for the info. I was given a link to the Doe Network submission form on another thread when I said I didn’t know how to submit. So now I’ll submit both to NamUs as you suggest.

I’m still wondering how someone would decide whether to report their missing person or UID to NamUs or Doe or both? Do they work together or do they each do their own thing and complement each other’s efforts somehow?

I'm not sure if they work together formally. If I recall right WS member Romulus has contacts with the Doe Network. Maybe you could PM him?

I'm not sure if they work together formally. If I recall right WS member Romulus has contacts with the Doe Network. Maybe you could PM him?

Well that explains why Romulus gave me the Doe Network link. :) I’ll look into it so I understand the process. Thanks.

I found a picture in an article of what I believe to be a University of Puget Sound student with a compelling enough resemblance. Along the margin of the article the author says that he teaches at the university. The article is from 2012 and there is a picture of a woman who resembles the composite sketch. I think I will email the link to someone.

Check it out!

Puget Sound university.JPG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni