Found Deceased CO - Micah Lambert, 39, Colorado Springs, 23 Sept 2017

Excellent information. Dogs are awesome.

They are indeed, I wouldn't be without one or a few.

More info on the search dogs used:
The dogs sent to look for remains this morning belong to the non-profit group, Colorado Forensic Canines, that donate their time and resources to find deceased people. They usually work with law enforcement but have also been known to work with families who have lost loved ones. Their dogs are trained in finding remains that date back to the American Civil War. If you'd like more information, click here.
http://www.krdo.com/news/top-storie...e-skeletal-remains-in-teller-county/714819089

Colorado Forensic Canines: http://www.findthelost.org/
Fascinating group of pups and their handlers.

for those of you who are local, do you believe there is an active serial killer in the area?

No, I don't. I suspect that Lambert committed suicide. Equal possibility that she went for a hike, got lost or injured, and died from exposure. Edited to add: I include in the "lost or injured" the possibility of an animal bite or attack. There are rattlesnakes, mountain lions, elk and bears in the area.

I think a murder is a third and distant possibility.

I imagine the dogs couldn't find her scent because lots of people use that trailhead, and with the time lapse between when she was last there and when the dogs were brought in, I'm sure there were many, many people, many dogs, and lots and lots of scents to be detangled by the canines.

The fact that the decedent had a backpack does not raise any red flags for me, and it does not indicate to me that it is less likely to be a suicide. Hikers carry all sorts of stuff in their backpacks. Water, snacks, changes of clothes, emergency gear, first aid kit, and whatever else. Most hikers just keep their backpack filled with normal stuff and then just grab it when they get out of the car. It's habit. If it is a suicide, then she also might have carried the means of the suicide, whether gun or rope or pills.

They are indeed, I wouldn't be without one or a few.

More info on the search dogs used:
The dogs sent to look for remains this morning belong to the non-profit group, Colorado Forensic Canines, that donate their time and resources to find deceased people. They usually work with law enforcement but have also been known to work with families who have lost loved ones. Their dogs are trained in finding remains that date back to the American Civil War. If you'd like more information, click here.
http://www.krdo.com/news/top-storie...e-skeletal-remains-in-teller-county/714819089

Colorado Forensic Canines: http://www.findthelost.org/
Fascinating group of pups and their handlers.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...all-30-Copenhagen-10-Aug-2017-*Arrest*/page61

(Link to Kim's thread)

I am in awe of what dogs can be trained to detect. The dismembered body parts of Kim Wall were found by dogs trained to find them many metres below the surface of the Oresund - the sea between Denmark and Sweden.

With this taking some time, I can't help wondering if this is connected to TW's murder. What do posters think?

With this taking some time, I can't help wondering if this is connected to TW's murder. What do posters think?

If it’s not ruled a suicide I will continue to think it’s connected until proven otherwise. I admit I haven’t read any news updates though so there may already been on official COD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still nothing?

It was interesting early on it was mentioned in the same breath as Homicide. I wonder why. Skull injury???

Then it seems more hints at suicide likelihood ...

Confusing.

Still nothing?

It was interesting early on it was mentioned in the same breath as Homicide. I wonder why. Skull injury???

Then it seems more hints at suicide likelihood ...

Confusing.
Maybe there are similarities?

As a friend of Micah’s, she was going through a lot. Serious health issues. A break up. The last friend of ours she talked to said she was suicidal and depressed.
People close to her knew this, and we all loved her and tried to be there. It was her choice ultimately, and I just hope somehow she found peace. She is loved still, and very missed.

As a friend of Micah’s, she was going through a lot. Serious health issues. A break up. The last friend of ours she talked to said she was suicidal and depressed.
People close to her knew this, and we all loved her and tried to be there. It was her choice ultimately, and I just hope somehow she found peace. She is loved still, and very missed.

I am so sorry for your loss and to hear about Micah's struggles. I too hope she has found peace.

Very sorry for all her friends and family. Glad LE have finally resolved this case for them.

Thank you for posting this. A search of social media and the subsequent memorial held for her by friends led me to this possibility long ago. Although I understand how our sleuthers investigate, I'm still sorry her name was ever connected to DN.

May she rest in peace and may you find comfort in your memories of her in happier times. A very tragic ending.

May she rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with all of her family and friends. So sorry for your loss and thank you for clarifying things- you didn't have to share this info about Micah- I'm so sorry she went through so much before she died.

Oh I am so sorry for your loss. Peace to you and all of your community.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back