Found Deceased GA - David Blake, 25, Kennesaw National Battlefield Park, 8 March 2018

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
This is just down the road from me-

Police, family and K-9 teams spent a fifth day searching for any sign of a missing Cobb County man.

The 25-year-old may be at Kennesaw National Battlefield Park. That’s where crews found his car.

Police found David Blake’s car on March 9 parked near an over-flow lot off of Old Highway-41. The keys were still sitting in the cup holder.

Investigators first assumed he walked to the trail and may have been somewhere up on Kennesaw Mountain. But a search and rescue team with three dogs was back Tuesday morning in some of the most remote parts of the park.

And after five days: nothing.

Blake’s mother Neill last saw him Wednesday night, where he was his normal, calm, easy-going self.

"He said 'love ya mom, see ya later' like we always do,” Neill Blake said.

His mom, dad and older brother call it completely unexpected and said David would never just walk off.

"No one, roommates, coworkers, family had no inkling we would be standing here,” said David Blake’s dad, Bill Blake.

The avid hiker and outdoorsman is very familiar with the Kennesaw National Battlefield Park and the more than 16 miles of trails.

"He knows the area very well,” Bill Blake said.

Cobb police said David Blake’s hiking bag was still in his car.

"If he were doing that he would have taken some of that gear, and his apartment, all his camping gear is all still there,” Neill Blake said.

And his family said David wasn't into any high-risk behaviors, or illegal activity.

"That's not David,” Neill Blake said.

His family called him quiet and relatively boring.

"All they do is stay up till 3 a.m. playing their video games, watching movies, no indication anything was going on from that perspective,” said Stuart Blake, David Blake's brother.

That's why the mystery deepens after each day and hour, while his mom has this plea:

"Please be on the lookout for him. My concern is he's hurt up there, on the mountain somewhere and we need to find him,” Neill Blake said.

David Blake's phone was last used to send some text messages early Thursday. He never showed up to work that day, didn't call-in. Since then, there's been no activity on his phone or from his bank or credit cards.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cob...d-inside-car-near-kennesaw-mountain/715408249
60f762183cb79dd300189fead95c32e5.jpg

Would they eventually have cadaver dogs check the area?
It's almost 3,000 acres.
There are literally hundreds of people that walk the mountain and the trails daily, IMO someone will find him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's almost 3,000 acres.
There are literally hundreds of people that walk the mountain and the trails daily, IMO someone will find him.

I have walked one of the trails upward. Easy to wander off and beautiful at the top.
Concerning is the keys in the vehicle.

Another person that vanishes without keys or personal belongings etc. I wonder if there will be a search this coming weekend?

They have been searching for 5 days now.
They have used helicopters as well as dogs.
Even his job is posting and worried about him.
His hiking bag, his camping gear and his keys were in the car.

The parking lot where his car was found closes each night at 6:30, so I believe that LE started searching the next morning.
An organized search this weekend would be a very good idea.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=858073521039188&id=243122889200924

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/local/...ear-kennesaw-mountain/SxBfcQFzQ9hMIiu7UQ98RP/

MOO

I just can't imagine how his parents feel...granted I say this on every case. I live in the Upstate SC and its been windy and cold. I assume the weather has been similar for that area. I just wonder if maybe he was meeting someone there and was waiting outside of his car and didn't get his hiking bag out yet? Then something happened and that's why his car was left like that.

Another person that vanishes without keys or personal belongings etc. I wonder if there will be a search this coming weekend?
I have asked around to see if there will be a public organized search.
When I get a response I'll let you know.
MOO

I have asked around to see if there will be a public organized search.
When I get a response I'll let you know.
MOO

Thanks, Pamela! I am willing to go if there is.

This case has weighed heavily on my mind. I was hoping for something positive even though it might be insignificant. Ugh. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back