Gun Control Debate #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably, as long as they paid me a fair price for it, so I could replace it with another gun. If the government wants to just take it without compensation, no way. I'll just keep it in my safe. I can't imagine 22 rifles ever becoming illegal though. What will people use to hunt squirrels and rabbits?

In Australia the average amount paid for guns handed in was about $800 per gun, but that depended on age and condition. A panel of licenced gun sellers put the value on them.

I have a 22 rimfire, semi-automatic rifle. It's not considered by most to be an assault rifle, because, well, mainly because it doesn't have a black, plastic stock. But it does have a 25 round detachable magazine. Is this the type of gun you say no law abiding person has a legitimate reason to own? There are over 5 million of these in existence. If you want to look it up, it's a Ruger 10/22. I'm law abiding and I feel I have a reason to own this particular rifle.

I know someone that has one w/silencer, nice gun.

There are states where marijuana is legal

Yes I know, it's legal here. There's a marijuana store 1/2 mile from my house. But, I don't believe 90 plants is legal to have, although I see no reason why it shouldn't be.

So you are only law abiding with laws you agree with?
Brings us back to same poster being okay with "certain" undefined students participating in the walk outs yesterday.. again which certain ones and what are your thoughts on students being required to recite the pledge of allegiance?

In Australia the average amount paid for guns handed in was about $800 per gun, but that depended on age and condition. A panel of licenced gun sellers put the value on them.

Wow that's quite a lot, if that's the average amount paid. I don't see how our country could afford that. Oh well, what's a few more trillion in debt when we're already 20 trillion in debt, right?

Wow that's quite a lot, if that's the average amount paid. I don't see how our country could afford that. Oh well, what's a few more trillion in debt when we're already 20 trillion in debt, right?

I don't think that economics is a valid reason to not take steps to prevent mass shootings.

Brings us back to same poster being okay with "certain" undefined students participating in the walk outs yesterday.. again which certain ones and what are your thoughts on students being required to recite the pledge of allegiance?

Seems off topic but I'll answer anyway. As far as I know, the pledge is not a requirement. I know my kids do it in their schools, as I've been there for assemblies and seen them do it. But if a particular student doesn't wish to say it, I doubt it's a problem. It's just sort of the traditional thing that schools do, right? Not really sure why you're asking this?

Seems off topic but I'll answer anyway. As far as I know, the pledge is not a requirement. I know my kids do it in their schools, as I've been there for assemblies and seen them do it. But if a particular student doesn't wish to say it, I doubt it's a problem. It's just sort of the traditional thing that schools do, right? Not really sure why you're asking this?
Because you had such an issue with students speaking their minds and walking out peacefully yesterday I wondered if you would have an issue with the pledge.

Because you had such an issue with students speaking their minds and walking out peacefully yesterday I wondered if you would have an issue with the pledge.

I can't believe my tax dollars are being spent on a kid sitting down during the pledge, or kneeling during the anthem. ;)

I can't believe my tax dollars are being spent on a kid sitting down during the pledge, or kneeling during the anthem. ;)
They can refuse indoctrination on their own time! And get off my lawn!

I wonder if the people who see the walk outs as a waste of tax payers money would prefer that their money was spent dealing with the fallout of gun crime instead?

I can't find the post now but I think someone mentioned having a gun which fires 25 rounds. Genuine question as I know sweet fa about it, but what would you use that sort of gun for?

I can't find the post now but I think someone mentioned having a gun which fires 25 rounds. Genuine question as I know sweet fa about it, but what would you use that sort of gun for?

I can't see why a hunter would need a magazine that held 25 rounds tbh. If it was limited to 10 rounds then they can still have over 25 rounds in total, just in separate magazines. What needs 25 rounds in the forest to kill it?

I can't see why a hunter would need a magazine that held 25 rounds tbh. If it was limited to 10 rounds then they can still have over 25 rounds in total, just in separate magazines. What needs 25 rounds in the forest to kill it?
Nobody likes their venison completely decimated!

Guns are fun to shoot. But that's not a reasonable reason to own one like that. I'm not saying anyone said that's their reason, just that's the only thing I can think of... Self defense doesn't need that many, either, imo. Zombie apocalypse?

Shrug. We're all doomed.

I would use it at a range.

Elmer Fudd trying to shoot that rascally rabbit?
What I see in some of these posts are.. I've got mine (guns) and you get yours (safety) however you can,but you're not getting mine(guns). IMO

Nobody likes their venison completely decimated!

Guns are fun to shoot. But that's not a reasonable reason to own one like that. I'm not saying anyone said that's their reason, just that's the only thing I can think of... Self defense doesn't need that many, either, imo. Zombie apocalypse?

Shrug. We're all doomed.

I have never been a hunter but I enjoy shooting but haven't owned my own gun since I was a kid, I have no interest in owning a gun so when I want to shoot I tag along with someone else. (Or you know, I had a lot of opportunities to fire weapons in the military and I must be a terrible liberal because it was so much fun.)

Hunting I understand. A hobby or competition I understand. Self-defense, eh, I think those people are mostly misinformed. Owning a gun because you can seems to be the reason behind a lot of fatal shootings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288