GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

Getting him to confess was time consuming. I befriended him for months. Gaining his trust and then mind games followed. Detail of the mind games, I would like to keep private. (For future use of course.) As for him taking me to where she was, well, that was a little difficult as well. It took a day and a half to find her. My dog Kaz knew she was there and alerted but we didn't realize that she was still thirty plus feet away. Kaz was alerting on the roots from the trees. He even made a joke and laughed saying and I quote, " No wonder no-one can find her; I can't even find her."

Wow, agent.

Were you reading here on Websleuths during those many months?

Were you aware that (some) people kept claiming "the estranged husband from FL did it" even though police had pretty much telegraphed from day 1 that the RSO, Holbert, held all the info to this case?

Holbert knew he'd spend life in prison if he confessed, why do you think he ultimately did? I know you spent months and months with him, slowly gaining his trust, but why do you think he was willing to take that last step? Guilt?

Do you believe his story: it was a 'fight' and he knocked her out? I've been skeptical of those details. She was a beautiful, petite lady, any guy would have wanted to be with her, I always thought Holbert made a pass, maybe more... and then he killed her. What do you think?

Thanks for sharing whatever you feel comfortable sharing.

Hello everyone! I debated weather or not to post anything on this site but so many incorrect things have been said and I would like to clarify. (If you are wondering, the answer is, "Yes". I am the PI that found Kelli.) The property Kelli was found on was never searched. The owners of this particular land was never approached. The land that was denied access was behind/next to it. It doesn't really matter. She was found. If you have questions, I will try to answer them back as quick as possible. Thanks, David.

Thank you for all the work you did to find her. This was one of those cases I couldn't forget about. I'm glad she's finally at peace.

Madeleine, yes he knew as in his words, " I hope your not lying, you know this isn't a petty charge." Like I said before, I don't want to say how or exactly how I did it because I may be able to use it in the future. Kelli's case was hard. A lot of people worked hard on the search. Mr. A, Mr. MG, and Mr. M worked very hard on trying to find her. I know about these individuals because I was with them on several occasions. If it wasn't for selfless people like the ones above and the thousands of volunteers, a lot of cases would not get solved. I thank them and I hope they continue to help. Now that being said, far as his story about what happened, it was not quite the same as what he told police. If he told them the same thing as he told me and my assistant, they would have gone to trial for the death penalty. Thanks, David

Thank you Sir. It was not just me, I feel everyone from the volunteers up to the police should pat themselves on the back because it all matters in a collective of how she was found.

Madeleine, yes he knew as in his words, " I hope your not lying, you know this isn't a petty charge." Like I said before, I don't want to say how or exactly how I did it because I may be able to use it in the future. Kelli's case was hard. A lot of people worked hard on the search. Mr. A, Mr. MG, and Mr. M worked very hard on trying to find her. I know about these individuals because I was with them on several occasions. If it wasn't for selfless people like the ones above and the thousands of volunteers, a lot of cases would not get solved. I thank them and I hope they continue to help. Now that being said, far as his story about what happened, it was not quite the same as what he told police. If he told them the same thing as he told me and my assistant, they would have gone to trial for the death penalty. Thanks, David

Hi David,

I wasn't asking HOW you did it, I was asking WHY you thought Holbert finally admitted to the crime when he knew he would go to prison for life. Did he have any feelings of guilt in your opinion?

Why he admitted? At the time he admitted he had no fear of being arrested. Sounds weird but it's true. Did he have any remorse, no, he made jokes.

Why he admitted? At the time he admitted he had no fear of being arrested. Sounds weird but it's true. Did he have any remorse, no, he made jokes.

So total psychopath huh? Were there times you wanted to beat the hell out of him? How were you able to hang in there so long? Are you able to talk about some of the things he admitted that he didn't admit to LE? Or is that against the rules?

There is a special on "Dateline" tonight, entitled, "Deep in the Woods," about Kelli Bordeax, the Ft. Bragg medic murdered by a "friend." It's on at 10:00EDT, on NBC.

There is a special on "Dateline" tonight, entitled, "Deep in the Woods," about Kelli Bordeax, the Ft. Bragg medic murdered by a "friend." It's on at 10:00EDT, on NBC.

Thanks so much for the heads up. I followed it closely. I'll tune in for sure.

You're quite welcome, Bravo -- I just happened to see the announcement while watching the 6:00pm local news here in Raleigh, NC, which is about 75 miles from Ft. Bragg, and I grew up about 40 miles away from Ft. Bragg. Huge military base.

We knew who had done it, and they finally got him, didn't they?!

Yep they got their man. RIP Kelli :rose:

According to the story NH told, he hit her outside the bar, not in his car. Who knows what the truth is though. His car looked just like what one might expect upon learning a homeless person (NH) was living in it. NH's car was impounded so the CSI folk probably did what they do to look for blood or other fluids.

As for MB, he might have been in a bit of denial that his marriage was really going to end. He might have been hoping he could work things out with KB -- they were estranged but not divorced.

As for KB's mother thinking maybe MB had something to do with KB's disappearance, that's probably a natural question that comes up in a parent's mind especially when there's an estrangement and then a weird disappearance. Everyone immediately looks to the spouse. The important thing is that LE did follow up and did investigate MB and they were able to rule him out, fairly early on.

Note to Borndem: Doesn't Locklear remind you a bit of Det. Daniels?

Yes, my friend -- I liked him immediately -- no messing around, serious, reasonable and smart. I felt very good about him being on the case.
(Very sorry for the very slo-o-o-ow response!)
And your ideas from the start were right-on. Hoofbeats -- horses, not zebras, right?!

Bad guy gone. Little Kelli found and her family has closure but little comfort, I am sure.

Big, big thanks to Marshburn and, of course, Det. Locklear and his people.

:D

Wow, what a story! I just watched last night's Dateline. I had never heard about this case. Kudos, agentmarshburn. You are an angel! AND your dog (sorry, can't remember the name!).

This case gives me hope for some of our more frustrating cases like Heather Elvis and the Delphi murders, that we never know what's going on behind the scenes.

RIP, Kelli.

I watched up to the point when commercial and agentmarshburn was going to disclose how he got him to talk. I cant believe I nodded off GRRRRR.......................woke up and it was over. Did he disclose? Amazing man/dog. Bless him and the woman that also helped.

I also followed this case from the beginning and always knew who the guilty party was. It was so obvious. Wish I hadn’t missed the dateline. Maybe I can pull it up somewhere. So glad they have their closure. RIP KB.

I watched up to the point when commercial and agentmarshburn was going to disclose how he got him to talk. I cant believe I nodded off GRRRRR.......................woke up and it was over. Did he disclose? Amazing man/dog. Bless him and the woman that also helped.

Yes, you need to try to find it because that is the most fascinating part. He created a fake plea bargain document, and eventually a fake arrest warrant and got him to talk that way, and show him where the body was buried. Took a bit to find the body because he didn't quite remember, but his dog eventually found her.

The fake judge who fake signed the fake arrest warrant was named "Justin Case." Brilliant.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back