NC NC - Asia, 22, & Ashton Brown, 2, found dead in burned car, Greensboro, 20 Feb 2015

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.news-record.com/news/wom...cle_954e681a-bc56-11e4-9d5e-23409f94bf48.html

Police responded about 3:30 p.m. Monday to reports of the remains of two people being found in a burned car on Thurston Avenue.

Investigators believe the remains are those of Asia Larose Brown, 22, and her 2-year-old son Ashton Paul Brown, of 1208 E. Orchard St. The two were last seen Friday and reported missing around 6:45 p.m. Sunday by Asia Brown’s co-worker, according to police spokeswoman Susan Danielsen...

The positions of the bodies within the vehicle were “consistent with a homicide,” Danielsen said. “We interviewed people of interest Sunday. We have no solid suspects at this point.”

A very young mother with a 2 year old has to be reported missing by a
co-worker? I know all families are not sugar and sweetness with each other but still . . . . Maybe this co-worker was 'family' for this poor lady. RIP Asia and
Ashton.

This came on my news a few hours ago. How awful. Just disgustingly awful. That's really all I can say regarding that. :(

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news...other-child-found-in-burned-vehicle/23943693/

Police said the car was found Monday afternoon by two city employees.

Thurston Avenue dead ends into a wooded area that is owned by the City of Greensboro and used as a water and sewer right-of-way. It is a remote area that isn't easy to access...

"Right now, what we are really looking for is anyone who could have been in this area Friday, Saturday or Sunday because this could have been anytime in that period," said Captain Richey.

Three days since OkieGranny posted and I cannot find any new MSM info about the deaths of this mother and child. I hope I just overlooked it.

I think there was a case like this not too long ago. I cannot place it. But there seems to be an uptick in burning cars after or during a murder. There was the case in Dallas in January of the mom and toddler found dead in a field off a main road. Their car was not burned.

http://www.news-record.com/news/loc...cle_0637768a-c368-11e4-a0d1-5f569c4b2bee.html

Investigators want to know where Asia Brown was the week before she disappeared, and are looking for tips from people who may have seen or talked to her in the days before she and her child were found dead in a decimated car beside the creek...

“We’re trying to build up facts about Miss Brown’s life,” Richey said, “looking for any clues possible to clear this heinous crime”...

Police have not disclosed what kind of car Brown was found in, or who owns it. They also believe they know how the fire started, but are waiting on forensics confirmation to support their belief, Richey said. A Greensboro firefighter and a crime scene investigator were hospitalized after being exposed to vapors from the burned car on Feb. 25.

http://www.news-record.com/news/cri...cle_9246e53e-bed6-11e4-b43e-67f7d6a81956.html

Charles Veasey, who described himself as a friend of Brown’s, said that Brown had been working as a security guard and had her son in day care. “She was always really, really tight about going to work,” Veasey, 25, said. “She was always like, ‘I got to go to work, I got to go to work.’”

He also described her as a doting mother. “She loved her son, she was all about Ashton. Ashton was spoiled,” he said. “You should have seen him at Christmas. Ashton loved Mickey Mouse. He had Mickey Mouse everything, from toys, covers, clothes... I don’t know who could have done this, what would have been their intention, what would have been their motive. It just doesn’t make sense.”

http://www.news-record.com/news/loc...cle_e490fbca-bd52-11e4-867f-17dfe368f051.html

According to Bell, Brown drove a white Nissan Altima.

Police spokeswoman Susan Danielsen confirmed Wednesday that the car Brown and her son were found in wasn’t an Altima. Danielsen declined to identify the make and model. Photos of the car appear to show a Buick LaCrosse...

The Browns were last seen alive on Feb. 20, according to police. They lived alone in the apartment on Orchard Street, Richey said... Police have not received any 911 calls for domestic issues at Brown’s Orchard Street address, Richey said.

4c0f76d9-dbf3-4ec0-8be1-6ae15c698c37_zpsig76lc7l.jpg

Asia's FB: https://www.facebook.com/Ajsdaharajukubarbie

DNA confirms bodies found in burned car are Asia Brown and toddler son
Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:35 pm

DNA tests confirmed Tuesday what police suspected for weeks: The bodies found in a burned out Buick Lacrosse on Feb. 23 are that of 22-year-old mother Asia Brown and her 2-year-old son, Ashton.

Autopsies of Asia and Ashton Brown still have not been completed by the N.C. Medical Examiner's Office in Raleigh. However, police said the pair are the victims of homicide, and court documents also state the same.

Since police released that information, Richey said police have received few calls from the public.

"There have been no promising developments," he said.

Geographically, they are related but I think without finding the other missing lady and having any information regarding motive and manner of death (if Ms. Williams is indeed deceased), it is difficult to say. JMO.

State offers $10K reward in 2015 killing of Greensboro mother and son

http://www.greensboro.com/news/crime/state-offers-k-reward-in-killing-of-greensboro-mother-and/article_99959577-635e-577c-98bf-2ad8a0ae88d4.html

Gov. Roy Cooper announced Friday that the award would be available for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible in the deaths.

The remains of Asia Brown, 22, and her son, Ashton Brown were found Feb. 23, 2015, when police responded to a report of a burned vehicle an undeveloped area of Thurston Avenue.

http://myfox8.com/2018/02/22/gov-cooper-offers-10k-reward-for-info-in-killing-of-greensboro-mom-son/

Police say Asia and Ashton were found in a 2005 Buick Lacrosse on Feb. 23, 2015. Asia had just bought the car three days before. Around 1:30 p.m. on February 20, Asia registered her new car at a DMV in High Point. About an hour later, she bought car parts at the AutoZone on Randleman Road in Greensboro.

Surveillance video from AutoZone shows Asia shopping in the store alone, without Ashton. After three years, police still have not confirmed where Ashton was during that time.

"One of the things we’re stressing to the public is if Ashton was dropped off somewhere, and someone watched him for a few minutes or 30 minutes or an hour, we definitely want to talk to that person," Matthews said. "We haven’t had anybody come forward and tell us that yet and we don’t have any evidence leading us at this time.”

I think whoever was with Ashton would have said something by now if they weren't the perp. I think it's possible the perp was in the car w him while she went in... or was waiting w him at her place or some other place... maybe with a promise to help her with auto work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think whoever was with Ashton would have said something by now if they weren't the perp. I think it's possible the perp was in the car w him while she went in... or was waiting w him at her place or some other place... maybe with a promise to help her with auto work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. And I'm really surprised this story didn't get more attention.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Greensboro police still looking for Asia, Ashton Brown's killer | wfmynews2.com

Five years after their deaths, the killings of Asia Brown, a 22-year-old security guard from Greensboro and her 2-year-old son, Ashton, remain unsolved.
The Triad mother's and son's scorched remains were found in the trunk of the Buick. Greensboro Police Detective Mike Matthews, the lead investigator on the case, considers the circumstances among the most difficult he's faced in the 20-plus years he's served on the force. A snowstorm and the fire had left little clues. As forensic teams gathered data, Matthews set out to piece together what might have happened.

"When we get a homicide investigation we want to know who are victims are," Matthews said. "We want to know who where they were, what their habits were, they are relationships (and) whether they('ve) been in them or they have them, who their friends are. And we call that a victimology.”

In 2020, despite numerous information releases and calls for tips, the case remains cold. There is a $10,000 reward for information that helps solve the case.

"We learned that she was last seen alive on Friday, February 20 at around 3:20 p.m. in the afternoon at the AutoZone on Randleman road. [Asia] apparently got the car in High Point, went to the AutoZone to get some accessories. Ashton was not in the store with her. I’m not gonna guess where Ashton was," Matthews said. "The big things we're missing is if somebody had seen Asia or Ashton around that time frame that Friday, Feb. 20. That is somebody we need to talk to. If she had had time to drop that child off before going in the store we need to talk to the person she dropped the child off with or anybody who saw her drop the child off. That would be very important in this investigation."

Despite the lack of leads, Matthews said he still has faith the case can be solved. "I know that cases can be cleared five years after they’re cold. I’ve cleared cases in longer time periods than that. In early 2015-16, we were able to clear a 2002 homicide that occurred in Greensboro. That’s almost 13, 14 years later so it can be done."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back