TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

I am really hopeful that a photo of Swimsuit Boy's skull is released so that Carl can make a recon. No offense to the artist, but I don't necessarily trust the recon. The recon of Corll's other victim wasn't that accurate.

Poor kid.

I'm wondering if this boy could be the boy mentioned in David Brooks' confession as being killed "just before Wayne Henley came into the picture", whom it "really upset Dean to have to kill this boy because he really liked him." He also claimed the boy was killed "about two years ago." The boy was picked up on Eleventh and Rutland, and was killed solely by Dean Corll in the house on Columbia (915 Columbia St., Hacadena Heights).

The confession was written on August 9, 1973, so that would place the victim's death in mid-to-late 1971. That would work for the post-mortem interval for Swimsuit Boy. In any case, Swimsuit Boy was almost certainly killed after November 17, 1970, because that's when the boatshed he was found in was starting to be rented out by Dean. If he had been hitchhiking, and was dropped of at Eleventh and Rutland, that would explain why David doesn't know his identity despite having known most of the boys he lured to Dean's.

David Brooks also claimed he thought he recalled helping bury the boy he mentions, but can't recall where the boy was buried. Considering 17/28 of the known victims were buried in the boatshed (where Swimsuit Boy was buried), I think it's the most likely that the boy was buried there.

In any case, Wikipedia notes that the above boy's identity is "unknown", which could either mean he was identified and David did not make the connection between the boy that that was killed and the missing boy, or that he is still unidentified. Part of what makes me believe in this more is David's memory was pretty sharp and clear, and he seemed pretty capable of remembering who was killed and when.

I was looking at the shirt design, trying to discern where it states USMC.
I see the US but not the MC. I even rotated the picture, trying to find it.
Can someone please point it out to me? Thanks!

A silkscreened design will often deteriorate like that just from ordinary wear, so I'm not surprised by the condition. But it could be a one-of-a-kind he made himself. In the late 60s and early 70s, back when most schools still required students to take things like art and music, many schools offered classes in silk screening. I took one myself. I didn't make a t-shirt, but several others in the class did.

And yes, I've never been able to see the USMC either. Of course that photo's so bad I can't see much of anything. Do you have a clearer one than what's posted on Namus?

Suppose he did make it himself for class. Maybe LBH is Lyndon B High or something like that and MF are his initials? Or LBH are his initials? If it's original artwork you would want to sign it or some how.

This is very much a shot in the dark theory, but I've been puzzling over this for some time--what do people think about Thomas Meuse? (Thomas Allen Meuse – The Charley Project) The faces aren't a spectacular match, but I know reconstructions can sometimes be VERY off. His location was also a bit of a deterrent initially but I can't seem to stop thinking about this. I had two thoughts: the first being that if Thomas's disappearance occurred during a "quiet period" that Corll could've kidnapped him directly, but also that his parents thought he may have run away--it seems plausible to me that perhaps he wanted to run away to California and headed west, somehow ended up in Texas, and was kidnapped by him then? I'm not usually one to get involved with the sleuthing aspects (other than discussing cases) but something about this UID grabbed me, and then Thomas similarly grabbed me. It may be slightly crazy, but those with more experience are welcome to gently tell me so. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, both guys I came here to submit are on the rule outs. Norman Prater and Dermot Kelly.

My personal theory on this guy was that he was an adult, on his own already, and wasn't reported missing because of that.

The USMC on his shirt, makes me think of the US Marine Corps. Maybe he served in the military.

I have a ‘dumb’ question: Has Swimsuit Boy’s DNA been matched with any of the existing identified victims to see if there was a possible relation with any of them?

I have a ‘dumb’ question: Has Swimsuit Boy’s DNA been matched with any of the existing identified victims to see if there was a possible relation with any of them?

Do you mean victims identified prior to the use of CODIS? Or ones that were unidentified and only recently identified through DNA?

If they were ID'd through CODIS, then the remains would have been compared to each other if samples were available. I was told by a NamUs rep that sets of unidentified remains are compared to each other like they are compared to missing persons.

But if the victims were identified decades ago, like when the remains were first discovered, I don't see how they could have been. Victims identified a long time ago most likely wouldn't have DNA in the system because the technology wasn't around then.

Is that what you were asking?

Re: that remains that are still apparently bured at High Island. I'm surprised no one has raised holy hell to get that area excavated, especially in light of Henley's testimony that bodies remain buried up there. O/T but this is one of the reasons I'm so glad I escaped Texas when I did, LE seems to have a problem with putting their egos above doing what's right down there, esp LE in the larger cities like Houston. They should be haunted by the ghosts of those boys who remain lost.

It's hard to describe the shock of having multiple bodies dug up in your area, and people going missing. We had -- I hate to call him a run of the mill serial killer, but "only" 5 to 7 known victims, with two of the bodies discovered at the same time and one about six months later. Even though it was known that he was kidnapping prostitutes from a particular area, still you couldn't stop thinking that you might be next, and every time the wind made the house rattle, you'd think it was somebody breaking in. I can't even imagine how horrifying it must have been to be a kid and see something far worse going on around you. OMG. I'm glad you and your brother are okay.
I know this all to well unfortunately. My town had a couple serial killers here since I was born. One was a trucker that came through and killed a few women and the other was more recent. Two skeletons were found behind a restaurant off a busy road we drove by a million times. Another victim (same killer) was found a few miles from my house off another road we frequented. I actually saw the prime suspect at Wal-Mart... Another time, this person is still missing (MWOB), her killer confessed to killing her and dumping her body in a Food Lion dumpster in my town...At the time we shopped there quite frequently... She could have been in the dumpster while we were there...

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

It bothers me and breaks my heart to read some of the victims' parents, especially the ones of the younger boys, went to the police and nothing was done. If authorities had taken them seriously and investigated the reported disappearances, it may have prevented some of the subsequent murders.

Do you mean victims identified prior to the use of CODIS? Or ones that were unidentified and only recently identified through DNA?

If they were ID'd through CODIS, then the remains would have been compared to each other if samples were available. I was told by a NamUs rep that sets of unidentified remains are compared to each other like they are compared to missing persons.

But if the victims were identified decades ago, like when the remains were first discovered, I don't see how they could have been. Victims identified a long time ago most likely wouldn't have DNA in the system because the technology wasn't around then.

Is that what you were asking?

Sorry it took me a while to respond.

I mean ALL the victims, found before and after CODIS. I feel like that there is a small chance, but a chance that he could possibly be closely or distantly related to the ones found and identified. After all a pair of brothers were found among the dead.

But its just a thought. If there is a chance to get DNA from the relatives of each victim and compare it to the Swimsuit Boy's remains, I'm sure that would rule out any relations.

Attachments

• 28958829-D598-4778-B6E7-2546C67CF257.jpg
    28958829-D598-4778-B6E7-2546C67CF257.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 65
DDP pending case! “Awaiting extraction”!
Whoa! That’s great news. Great catch, @taramarie. My guess is they want to run his DNA through a genealogy site for a possible familial hit.

I wonder if his parents are even still alive.

Sad to think that of Dean, David, and Elmer’s 28+ victims, only the parents of Stanton Dreymela, 13, are still alive. They went to Elmer’s parole hearing in January, 2018. I can’t imagine.

Stanton was his last victim. Just to remind you of the evil that is/was Elmer and Dean, Elmer said that Dean was getting more sadistic with each murder. Out of control. Elmer said Dean wore an apron with Stanton because of the blood spatter. Elmer happily watched.

Elmer never needs to get out of prison.

Something interesting I read, the daughter of the third accomplice/procurer, David Brooks, was killed in a car accident on the night of her prom.

Family of victim fights against serial killer up for parole

Last edited by a moderator:
DDP pending case! “Awaiting extraction”!

Would you mind providing a direct clickable link to the site providing this latest update?I’m a sucky sleuth and I can’t/don’t know how to find it.

I’m really interested in keeping up with this latest development. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back