MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, fatally shot while jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combining the crimewatch video of the location with googlemaps, I believe that this is the location where Alexandra collapsed: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.7596172,-83.646827,104m/data=!3m1!1e3

Yes, 11240 Fish Lake Rd

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-03-17 at 12.27.46 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-03-17 at 12.27.46 AM.png
    888.6 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot 2018-03-17 at 12.27.32 AM.png
    Screenshot 2018-03-17 at 12.27.32 AM.png
    725.9 KB · Views: 304

He seems like a fine and honorable man who has seen and done a lot. What are the chances this particular man would do this and the mom/wife cover for him? Have you seen a woman more composed after such a tragedy? Their only child now and keep in mind the demeanor shown from all and the impression we are given through media of Alexandra. With what it's turned into, my frustration right now coming up on two years, is with Law Enforcement.

Yes, 11240 Fish Lake Rd

attachment.php
attachment.php

:tyou: As I mentioned yesterday, DH and I could drive there in 20 minutes. Not this weekend but probably next Saturday or Sunday. I'd like to get a feel for the area.

Seeing the close-up of the dirt road, it looks quite narrow. There's probably not enough width for two-way traffic, so vehicles traveling in opposite directions have to yield to the other driver to pass. I would be very wary of a jogger/runner/walker on that narrow road.

Yes, 11240 Fish Lake Rd

attachment.php
attachment.php

That house looks pretty close to the road. I wonder how far away she was shot.

In that small space, it seems like such a risk to shoot her. It would seem that anyone in the area would hear and notice a shot gun blast. Isn’t it loud? Especially five shots.

It seems in that kind of area with that small road, the light colored car would be noticed.

And would the dirt leave a sandal print?

I would think she could not run far with a shot gun blast to her back.

A daring crime even though the person seems to have gotten away with it.

Does this mean the person was out of the car and shot her?

LE says that there are several indications she knew the person. What could those be?

I would LOVE to hear from several of the close friends of Allys who ignored Wes at the funeral to know why they did so. What was the general reputation of Wes and/or her father/mother In their circles?

I was somewhat confused about how many times Ally was shot. Initially there were reports of up to 4 times, but now it seems that she was only hit
once, even though several shots were fired. The person who found her said that she was hit a couple of times on the 911 call. Perhaps buckshot was used
and caused more than 1 wound even though she was only shot once?

I also heard initially that Ally was shot more than once. And, of course, if buckshot was used how can one tell if she was only hit once? All I can think of - I'm guessing here - he hit her with the first round fairly close and the tight pattern made that obvious there was one hit. OR, since LE has the expended shells and only one of them was a particular caliber buckshot. For example, if the 5 expended shells show 4 rounds of #1 buckshot and 1 round of #00 buckshot and they only found #00 in Ally. Outside of that I don't know how LE could tell if buckshot was used and since they don't have the gun they don't know how it patterns. If LE said Ally was only hit with one of the rounds and the person who found her said there was more than one wound that would almost seem to rule out a rifled slug.

You're right in that if the person who found didn't know a shotgun was used they might think Ally was shot more than once with a rifle or pistol.

Someone Ally knew does not necessarily equal a love interest, family member, or even a close friend. She could have had a stalker that she didn't even know she had. She could have had a coworker who was obsessed with her, but she didn't know it. And even though the houses are in a rural area, she could have had a neighbor who was watching her and knew her jogging pattern and route.

The fact that she was shot from behind makes me lean away from someone really close to her because it's so impersonal. Many people who kill their girlfriends, wives, children, etc. make sure the person knows who is killing them. It's another level of showing the victim who is in control, I suppose. The person gets their final revenge and the victim dies knowing who their killer was.

I just can't rule out a random killer or someone who knew Ally, but not well.

If I go with the odds, something like 80% to 90% or higher of murder victims are known to the killer. But I also haven't ruled out a random killer.

Since LE has the 5 spent rounds I wonder what the chances are they got something - fingerprint, partial fingerprint or DNA - off at least one of them?

I have read various news sources now. Lt. Shaw stated that police think that 5 shots were fired. Elsewhere I read that 4 casings were found at the scene. But only one shot hit Ally. There were initial reports by the Oakland press that State Troopers told them that she was hit 4 times in the back. This is probably false. I believe this may have been even before autopsy.

I would LOVE to hear from several of the close friends of Allys who ignored Wes at the funeral to know why they did so. What was the general reputation of Wes and/or her father/mother In their circles?
So would I. We can't just take one person's word for it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

7/28/17
mother speaks out: https://www.tctimes.com/news/homici...cle_6726e004-73b8-11e7-8f45-1fd1578cd67b.html

[FONT=&quot]“Ally loved animals, especially elephants, giraffes and sloths.”
[/FONT]
—-her mom describes a shopping experience they had together a few years before, Ally admired a baby onesie with an elephant. mom bought it to save for Ally’s first daughter.

[FONT=&quot]Ally was passionate about her writing, having earned her Master’s Degree in creative writing. It was awarded to her posthumously a week before her birthday in November of last year.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In order to be a nurse, she had to be able to lift patients, not an easy task when you’re under 5-feet tall and under 100 pounds.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “She ran 10 miles every day and every other day lifted 20-pound weights,”

It was very important to Ally that her organs be donated, said her mother. Her wish could not be fulfilled because when there is a homicide, an autopsy is required, making organ donation impossible.

[/FONT]

That house looks pretty close to the road. I wonder how far away she was shot.

In that small space, it seems like such a risk to shoot her. It would seem that anyone in the area would hear and notice a shot gun blast. Isn’t it loud? Especially five shots.

It seems in that kind of area with that small road, the light colored car would be noticed.

And would the dirt leave a sandal print?

I would think she could not run far with a shot gun blast to her back.

A daring crime even though the person seems to have gotten away with it.

Does this mean the person was out of the car and shot her?

LE says that there are several indications she knew the person. What could those be?

I agree! You would think the killer would have opted for a more discreet location on such a rural road. Maybe ally ran a long ways before the killer got her? Wonder if she wore a running watch with run details like gps, pace, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She knows her killer most likely. She probably jogged pass their house or place of business or meth lab everyday.

Im just surprised that this was a straight murder and had no sexual component to it like an abduction attempt.

Very strange case indeed.

I agree! You would think the killer would have opted for a more discreet location on such a rural road. Maybe ally ran a long ways before the killer got her? Wonder if she wore a running watch with run details like gps, pace, etc?

Not certain, but I don't think so. Early in the case, I read that Ally didn't have her cell phone with her as she jogged that day. I don't know if this was a regular occurrence or that she simply didn't have her phone with her on that fateful day.

What does that have to do with anything? Very strange reasoning IMHO.

I’m not sure what you mean. Or are asking? I think you are musing aloud here? if she did not take her phone, she likely did not have a fit-bit or anything else with her to not get them wet, likely. I don’t recall weather conditions that day, but I can imagine myself not wanting to risk a wet expensive phone getting ruined. Maybe she didn’t like the extra weight in a pocket (did she have pockers that day). I can think of reasons I would not have one with me were I to be out running, or even walking. But I am not of the generation that stays attached to a cell phone.

Once again... did I say, “everyone trust me!! Just take my word for it!”
No, I didn’t. What I actually said was, “I’m not asking anyone to just take my word for it”.
For someone with the name “always reading” you sure do miss quite a lot!
Again, I didn’t come on here to convince anyone of anything. I came here to share information regarding the current direction of the case. If you want to ignore what I’m telling you that’s your decision.

Nikki said: "She didn’t run with her phone that day because it had rained that morning.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

That is an interesting statement that I don't quite understand.

I can understand why people might not bring a phone why they jog. In my experience it weighs heavy in my clothes. But Ally's mother suggests that usually she would take her phone, but this time she did not because it was raining in the morning. Was she afraid of her phone getting wet? But if only the roads are wet, then that does not make her phone wet. Perhaps she was afraid that it would start raining during her run. But a phone could withstand some rain (but not submersion). Is the reason for not taking her phone a speculation of Nikki, or did Ally mention the reason for not taking her phone (and perhaps it was a habit to take only a phone when there was no chance of rain.)

Nikki says neighbors who saw Ally on her daily runs said she often had her head down and it made them think she was not paying attention to her surroundings. On the contrary, Nikki says, while her music-loving daughter ran with earbuds in, she was very observant and would bring baby birds home in her hat, which they would feed with eye-droppers.
https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...killed-jogging-rose-township-mother/90785580/

If Ally was listening to music, what device would she use? Often people use their phone for listening to music. Did Ally also use her phone, or did she have another music device. If she did not use a different device, then it is even more strange that she left her phone behind.

@Combatmedic2121

What were Ally's habits for jogging?

Did she usually bring her phone?
Did she ever not bring a phone? If so why? Is it plausible that she didn't bring her phone because it had rained that morning?
Did she use her phone to listen to music while running, or did she use a different device for music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member