Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

Went back and listened to the police presser. A reporter asked if the exchange of words actually happened with the neighbors, and the officer said yes, it did happen.

How could they possibly confirm that words were spoken without having heard them in some way? Mere words are not even admissible in court. How is LE so sure this conversation actually happened?

I just re watched it too. Good point. Hmmm I wonder if the officer is just saying yes it did happen meaning the neighbor claims it happened. The officer looks super uncomfortable when the question is raised.

Does anyone know when the alleged comment to delete the number happened? I’ve seen conflicting reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now it looks like the most important detail is the alleged sighting of Tim going jogging on the Monday that he disappeared. jmo, though.

I just re watched it too. Good point. Hmmm I wonder if the officer is just saying yes it did happen meaning the neighbor claims it happened. The officer looks super uncomfortable when the question is raised.

Does anyone know when the alleged comment to delete the number happened? I’ve seen conflicting reports.

I read that it happened on the Saturday before Tim disappeared.

Also a good point! I bet both of those rooms have tile (or some other waterproof) flooring, so they’d be a good place to leave a dog unattended.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but was extra food and water left out for Beau? I'm sure all would have been consumed by the time his folks got there, but I sometimes leave my cats extra bowls of both, if I expect to be gone for a while. Any newspaper left spread on the floor? I don't recall reading much detail about the dog. :discuss:

I read that it happened on the Saturday before Tim disappeared.

I read Saturday also but then saw some reports say Sunday and others reference “the very day he went missing”

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but was extra food and water left out for Beau? I'm sure all would have been consumed by the time his folks got there, but I sometimes leave my cats extra bowls of both, if I expect to be gone for a while. Any newspaper left spread on the floor? I don't recall reading much detail about the dog. :discuss:

I don't think it has been mentioned specifically about the food but I seem to recall the family said in an interview there was evidence the dog had been left alone in the home for 2 days by the time his parents got there (i.e. 2 days worth of dog crap on the floor is what I took them to mean but they said it in a more tactful way). I can't seem to find that quote right now but this is what is reported about Bo in several sources:
When they arrived at their son's house after he went missing, the parents said, they knew that something was wrong because he had left his Tibetan spaniel unattended. The dog, officially named Mister Bojangles Cunningham but known as Bo, had twice accompanied Cunningham to Harvard where he went for his master's and doctoral degrees.

He loved the dog so much, his parents said, he'd drive the 130 miles to Tuskegee, Alabama, to have the pooch's teeth cleaned. "I tell you all that to really understand the relationship of Tim and Bo," the father said. "To work as hard as he has worked -- and to just now disappear -- it's such a challenge for us to understand."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/26/health/missing-cdc-doctor/index.html

Hello, all you technically competent WSers...can someone tell me how you "quote" two or more posters when replying in your own post?

Yes, I should know how to do this by now... but, sadly, I do not. :blushing:

TIA.:smile:

For multi quote Click the "+ icon in each post you want to reply to --- then click reply to thread at the bottom of the page...a reply window will open with all the posts you hit the "+ icon on. Then in the multiquote window that has appeared, you can just place your mouse after each section of quoted text to type your response.

Hope this helps you, I'm not a very good explainer.

:heartbeat:

PS the reply window will have the quotes appearing in the order you CLICKED
the "+ not in the order the original posts appeared.

Right now it looks like the most important detail is the alleged sighting of Tim going jogging on the Monday that he disappeared. jmo, though.

I think so, too! I wish we knew exactly where and when he was allegedly spotted and how sure the person was that it was Tim. I’d trust the sighting more if it was by a neighbor who knew him personally.

I have to wonder if it was the same neighbors who reported the strange interaction about the phone number? Maybe in the same police interview? I’m sure LE went door-to-door, though.

Was that really Monday night or could the neighbor be mistaken?

Based on how little we’ve heard about something that seems so important, I’m also afraid it could have been a mistake and later retracted.

Eyewitness sightings in missing persons cases are often wrong. But this was a sighting by a neighbor, so I'm going to rate it as very possibly true. There are so few real facts known about Tim's disappearance. Did Tim's parents leave Atlanta ? They must be so distraught...

Based on how little we’ve heard about something that seems so important, I’m also afraid it could have been a mistake and later retracted.

I think we would know if it had been retracted. For some reason LE is keeping very quiet about this sighting.

For multi quote Click the "+ icon in each post you want to reply to --- then click reply to thread at the bottom of the page...a reply window will open with all the posts you hit the "+ icon on. Then in the multiquote window that has appeared, you can just place your mouse after each section of quoted text to type your response.

Hope this helps you, I'm not a very good explainer.

:heartbeat:

PS the reply window will have the quotes appearing in the order you CLICKED
the "+ not in the order the original posts appeared.

Ah, I get it. You explained it quite well! Much obliged!:wave:

Eyewitness sightings in missing persons cases are often wrong. But this was a sighting by a neighbor, so I'm going to rate it as very possibly true. There are so few real facts known about Tim's disappearance. Did Tim's parents leave Atlanta ? They must be so distraught...

<modsnip>I think his parents are in Atlanta or at least were there last week. <modsnip> I cannot imagine how they are getting through this. I&#8217;m still praying for a positive outcome.

I think we would know if it had been retracted. For some reason LE is keeping very quiet about this sighting.[/QUOTE
They are also being very quiet about an existence of a tape showing him leaving the CDC...

Yes, that's true. I think LE had said that they were not sure he was driving his vehicle when it left the CDC ?

I finally found the video of the interview with the male neighbor. Maybe he's just nervous being on camera, but... :thinking:

Yes, that's true. I think LE had said that they were not sure he was driving his vehicle when it left the CDC ?

They said they presumed he was but were still seeing if they could find a tape confirming that. It may be that the camera angles on the parking decks mean there was no such tape.

We know TC was at the CDC that morning. LE said that anything they could think of that he owned was at the house, including his wallet. It seems likely to me that things he would have had with him at the CDC that morning, such as his badge and his uniform (though they didn't mention that specifically), are now back at the house. (Guess he could still be in the uniform but think they'd mention that if it was missing. Not sure how many copies of the uniform and of its elements are typically owned by each CDC commander.)

In addition, he apparently tried to call his mother after the meeting at the CDC, but the call did not go through. Not sure whether that would generate pings, but if so it might help confirm his location at the time.

Because the car and his belongings were found back at the house, it seems very likely to me that he went back there after going to the CDC. Of course, it's possible that someone else took the car and belongings back to the house after TC either went his own way or met with foul play. But I do think this is less likely.

Clearly, it would be great if LE could confirm that TC drove to work and that he drove home after the meeting. It would also be good if there was more info about whether they thought the sighting of him jogging was credible or iffy. I wish LE would have another press conference.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhysiare
Back