GUILTY FL - Chelsi Gregory, 17, killed in street racing crash, 24 March 2005

hipmamajen

I love the friends I have gathered together on thi
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070325/ap_on_re_us/picture_sentence

A judge has ordered a man who pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide to display a large picture of the victim in his home after serving two years in prison.

Circuit Judge Robert Doyel said Friday that the picture must be at least 2 feet wide and displayed prominently. It also must include lettering that says: 'I'm sorry I killed you.'

More at the link.

damn.
and to think: that's worse than what paroled child molesters have to do. the child molesters can just run around living life as usual without anything but an online database with their info on it and a police officer checking up on them occasionally. while the punishment seems appropriate in this case (dummy shouldn't have been out drinking and drag racing) it also seems somewhat unfair that these child molesters don't get it worse than they get it.

damn.
and to think: that's worse than what paroled child molesters have to do. the child molesters can just run around living life as usual without anything but an online database with their info on it and a police officer checking up on them occasionally. while the punishment seems appropriate in this case (dummy shouldn't have been out drinking and drag racing) it also seems somewhat unfair that these child molesters don't get it worse than they get it.

Yes but the child molestors would get off by looking at their victims pictures so that wouldn't really be a punishment for them.

VB

I can't help but fear that the ACLU or some bleeding-heart, politically correct group will appeal the part about the picture, claiming it is a violation of the criminal's rights. (sarcasm)

I read about a judge that made the person...drunk driver...carry a picture of the person that he killed in his wallet and he also had to send a dollar to the parents of the young person that he killed every year on her birthday. The drunk driver said that seeing her picture everytime he opens his wallet and sending that dollar every year on her birthday is a constant reminder of what he did while driving drunk. I remember that he had to send that dollar for years. I think the idea was an excellant idea just like this guy having to have a big picture in his house of the person that he killed. Did the judge say where the picture had to sit...frontroom?

From April 2007:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20070406/NEWS/704060370

Gregory, who suffered a stroke at age 45 after his daughter died, leaned on a cane as he walked to the podium in front of Circuit Judge Robert Doyel. He stared intently at Christopher Pierce, who had pleaded guilty to vehicular manslaughter in February.

Pierce and his cousin Arthur Pierce were racing each other on Havendale Boulevard in 2005 when they caused the multi-car accident that killed Chelsi Gregory...

Arthur Pierce was sentenced to two years in state prison to be followed by three years of probation... Doyel sentenced [Christopher] Pierce to the maximum 364 days in county jail, with credit for the two months served, and suspended his driver license for three years.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back