Gun Control Debate #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know of any gun owners who want the government having a list of all the guns we own. That's something that just won't go over well, I promise.

Would it be the big bad government or the city/county in which you reside that would have this list.
Who cares if it goes over big with gun owners. You all have had a free for all for to long with guns.
It isn't going over big for many of us that kids are being murdered on a daily basis.
And cars have to be registered as well as a record for people that marry or buy a house with a deed as a record of who owns the property.
Why should guns be exempt. IMO

Should be obvious. The point is the kid murdered someone with something other than a gun. Take away guns, next thing will be knives and baseball bats. Or, at least require liability insurance on those items in case they are used for murder.

They should really allow teachers to be armed in every state it's the only way to stop 90% percent of the mass shootings at schools. https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/03/16/6-reasons-gun-control-will-not-solve-mass-killings/

It would be nice to know who owns guns that are used in crimes

When people have to pay for their mistakes/carelessness then $$$$ do talk. And it causes people to think the next time, and others around them to be aware of what can happen to them if they are not vigilant. It does work.

One aspect of mandatory insurance might be the creation of a database of guns and who owns them - giving LE access to this info. This would be beneficial to LE when answering a call at a residence and hopefully a law would give them the right to check for insurance coverage or confiscate the guns if no coverage produced.

There is so much that can be done from the insurance angle imo.

No need for mandatory insurance. Simply no coverage. And if someone wants to sue the irresponsible gun owner, no insurance to cover if safety precautions are not followed . For instance, gun taken out of your car and then used in a crime. No insurance for the theft and no insurance for the lawsuit where you can lose everything. Your home, car, life savings to pay for the suit.

Would it be the big bad government or the city/county in which you reside that would have this list.
Who cares if it goes over big with gun owners. You all have had a free for all for to long with guns.
It isn't going over big for many of us that kids are being murdered on a daily basis.
And cars have to be registered as well as a record for people that marry or buy a house with a deed as a record of who owns the property.
Why should guns be exempt. IMO

Well the point is that any kind of gun control scheme that includes registration of all guns, is never going to happen. Why not discuss options that are feasible rather than outlandish ideas that will go nowhere?

Well the point is that any kind of gun control scheme that includes registration of all guns, is never going to happen. Why not discuss options that are feasible rather than outlandish ideas that will go nowhere?

From your posts you seem to think nothing will work. And why call gun safety/control a scheme.
Many gun owners are open to gun control measures.
As far as registration or lists of guns owned...of course some will be sold or change hands under the table,but it seems as though it would help in some cases to have a record of who owns or owned a gun. IMO

From your posts you seem to think nothing will work. And why call gun safety/control a scheme.
Many gun owners are open to gun control measures.
As far as registration or lists of guns owned...of course some will be sold or change hands under the table,but it seems as though it would help in some cases to have a record of who owns or owned a gun. IMO

Maybe they think anarchy would be the answer? Seems like any sensible gun control measures are just not worth the lives they would save /s

I have an idea regarding students who are potential threats to their own schools, and just public schools in general:

A school psychologist, taxpayer funded, and it would not even have to be one psychologist exclusive to one school, it can be a school district psychologist.

Because some of these kids clearly need it, granted, maybe their parents cannot afford taking their child to a psychologist.

Because when a child gets a mental aberration (different from mental illness), it needs to be fixed, the child needs to be straightened out.

I am seeing way too many children with collapsed boundaries who have no idea how to act nor behave and fall into anti-social behavior far too quickly.

This behavior of wanting to shoot in order to "deal" with rejection (like the MD boy who shot the girl and bystander today) needs to stop.

These children need major behavior modification in their lives; they need to be socialized into NOT shooting up schools.

I don't know of any gun owners who want the government having a list of all the guns we own. That's something that just won't go over well, I promise.

Just curious, but why would I want to hide what I owned? I have to list them for insurance purposes if I want them covered.

I do think certain things would help. First, enforce already existing laws. Nicolas Cruz likely would not have had firearms if the police/FBI would have done their jobs. Second thing would be get rid of the "gun free" zones. Anyplace that's deemed gun free is a prime target for any would be mass shooters. Third, appropriate punishment for violent crimes. Murder gets the death penalty every time. Any crime committed with a firearm, life in prison, no parole, no exceptions.

I have an idea regarding students who are potential threats to their own schools, and just public schools in general:

A school psychologist, taxpayer funded, and it would not even have to be one psychologist exclusive to one school, it can be a school district psychologist.

Because some of these kids clearly need it, granted, maybe their parents cannot afford taking their child to a psychologist.

Because when a child gets a mental aberration (different from mental illness), it needs to be fixed, the child needs to be straightened out.

I am seeing way too many children with collapsed boundaries who have no idea how to act nor behave and fall into anti-social behavior far too quickly.

This behavior of wanting to shoot in order to "deal" with rejection (like the MD boy who shot the girl and bystander today) needs to stop.

These children need major behavior modification in their lives; they need to be socialized into NOT shooting up schools.

They also need to be kept well away from guns and ammo.

Great idea but there needs to be an army of them. We had a grant for therapy at my school and there was no way to get all kids in. The program lasted one year because of no more funds.

I had four children who had their sexual abusers serving time in prison. Parents wanted therapy, but they could not get it. They had jobs with no time off and no transportation or babysitting for the other children. School was the perfect option, but other kids filled up the slots. Ones that were showing behaviors. .

If only money could go for that.

And there is the problem of kids leaving for pull out services. Speech, OT, PT, special learning services. There are only so many hours in a day.

I do think certain things would help. First, enforce already existing laws. Nicolas Cruz likely would not have had firearms if the police/FBI would have done their jobs. Second thing would be get rid of the "gun free" zones. Anyplace that's deemed gun free is a prime target for any would be mass shooters. Third, appropriate punishment for violent crimes. Murder gets the death penalty every time. Any crime committed with a firearm, life in prison, no parole, no exceptions.

If the gun free zone signs were taken away you would probably have several students feeling free to tote their guns or parents guns to school.IMO

Lets solve gun crime by having more guns. I think I spot the flaw here

Yep!!! You need a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun. If they banned all guns more than 100 million of them would eventually wind up in the hand of criminals. Half of all gun owners wouldn't turn there guns in, it would be about as effective as prohibition. The way technology is now criminals could make guns in there garage and if there's a demand they will be made.

Yep!!! You need a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun. If they banned all gun more than 100 million of them would eventually wind up in the hand of criminals. Half of all gun owners wouldn't turn there guns in, it would be about as effective as prohibition. The way technology is now criminals could make guns in there garage and if there's a demand they will be made.

Oh my lord. A lot of the "bad guys with guns" own them legally, or get them from family who own them legally. Maybe we should just bury our heads in the sand and hope the gun violence problem just goes away on its own eh?

Yep!!! You need a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun. If they banned all gun more than 100 million of them would eventually wind up in the hand of criminals. Half of all gun owners wouldn't turn there guns in, it would be about as effective as prohibition. The way technology is now criminals could make guns in there garage and if there's a demand they will be made.

I should have guessed that was an NRA tagline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77