Shannan Gilbert's 23 Minute 911 Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case I was talking about was about 2 misdemeanors that the DA offered a violation with no jail time and NO RECORD. The guy wanted his day in court. That could mean anything could happen, i.e. certain people close to the DA could be exposed. That couldnt be allowed to happen. DA needed to control the testimony and needed a strong judge that had no regards for the rules. He also needed his top ADA's to try the case. .....I'm talking about 2 freaking misdemeanors Two Bureau Chiefs and a Judge that is their top Homicide judge. Do you think what is going on here with the 911 Tapes any different?

Why is DA Sini getting a free pass on the tapes? He is the DA and whatever investigative value the tapes may have is up to him. Not only is he the DA he was the police commissioner.

I am writing in response to "Gilbert's mom asks feds to step in" [News, Dec. 21], in which John Ray, the lawyer who represents Shannan Gilbert's family, strongly criticized Suffolk County police detectives investigating the Gilgo Beach murders. It is quite obvious that Ray has not listened to Gilbert's 911 call nor spoken to any investigators assigned to the case. His claims are misleading and lack credibility. I have been a member of the department's homicide squad for 17 years and worked on the Gilgo investigation in its first three months.

I listened to Gilbert's 22-minute 911 call. The 911 operator tried several times to get Gilbert's location. At one point, she mentioned she was near Jones Beach. Gilbert never said she was at Oak Beach. It is hard to respond to a call when the person calling doesn't know where he or she is.

In the house at Oak Beach, Gilbert was not about to be murdered. Her demeanor on the tape was calm. You can hear male voices on the tape, and they are calm. At no time during this call was she desperate. From what I heard on the call, Gilbert was not speaking as if she were in danger. Despite this, she decided to run from the house and her driver, whom she relied on to take her back to New Jersey. During the investigation, I interviewed an individual who drove Gilbert to her "dates" in the past. He said she would leave houses and apartments in the same fashion as she did in Oak Beach. He described her as being a paranoid person and at times acting irrationally.

As we all know by now, Gilbert ran to another house seeking assistance. She was let into the house. When the gentleman in the house said he was going to call the police, she ran into the reeds across the street. I also interviewed this gentleman. Finally, she knocked on another door, but again ran away before the woman who lived there could find out what was going on.

Suffolk County has not turned down offers of help from the FBI. The FBI has provided a psychological profile of the offender and coordinated the use of a Blackhawk military helicopter to conduct an aerial search of the Ocean Parkway area, using classified equipment. In addition to the FBI, 12 other law enforcement agencies have assisted the homicide squad.

The detectives assigned to the homicide squad are some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable in Suffolk County. The units that support this squad -- such as the identification section, computer crimes section, criminal intelligence section and the crime lab -- are also the best in their respective fields.

Detectives have traveled to the hometowns of each victim many times to meet with the families, and to several states as part of the investigation. For most of 2011, the detectives assigned have set aside their personal lives, working long hours for weeks at a time. For Ray to insinuate that the homicide squad has given this case less than its full attention because of the victim's lifestyle is grossly inaccurate.

Det. Vincent Stephan, West Sayville

Go inside New York politics.

By clicking Sign up, you agree to our privacy policy.

Editor's note: The writer is the secretary-treasurer of the Suffolk Detectives Association.

SCPD took a long time putting out the shooting incident of Oheka Castle owner Gary Melius after figuring what harm could it do. From what I hear it didn't work out that way. Releasing the 911 Tape might have the same result.

BREAKING NEWS
I'm seeing a 5th version of
48 Hours on the LISK case, starring Shannan Gilbert's leg of the case,
with Hawkshaw being interviewed by Erin Moriority pontificating all over the screen blasting Burke, Dormer, Sini, Stuart Cameron, Vincent Stephan, McPhartland, et all.

If Hackett had nothing to hide, he would not have lied about calling Mari Gilbert.
He lied through his teeth again and again and again.

If he had nothing to hide, he would have had a presser stating fact about how he helped the Gilbert family, but low and behold, he's a lying liar who is in bed with the SCPD, who just so happens, to be his next door neighbor in Oak Beach.

BREAKING NEWS
I'm seeing a 5th version of
48 Hours on the LISK case, starring Shannan Gilbert's leg of the case,
with Hawkshaw being interviewed by Erin Moriority pontificating all over the screen blasting Burke, Dormer, Sini, Stuart Cameron, Vincent Stephan, McPhartland, et all.

If Hackett had nothing to hide, he would not have lied about calling Mari Gilbert.
He lied through his teeth again and again and again.

If he had nothing to hide, he would have had a presser stating fact about how he helped the Gilbert family, but low and behold, he's a lying liar who is in bed with the SCPD, who just so happens, to be his next door neighbor in Oak Beach.

What the heck are you talking about. I never spoke to Erin Moriority about anything. I certainly had nothing negative to say about Sini, and certainly not Chief Cameron.

Regarding Stephan. I pointed out Stephan wrote a letter to Newsday stating he heard the 911 tape and found nothing urgent about the call. I mentioned he was also the assigned detective in the Peter Ghattas murder case ( 9/24/03) who was killed after being brought to the DA office of Spota/Burke and killed after giving information on Burke's neighbor. That in that case the 'usual suspects' were bouncing off the walls and no one could seem to find them,

These people are a freaking joke and the only reason they continue to get away with it is because no one cares what happens in Suffolk County.

SCPD says it does not have a transcript of Shannan's 911 call. The judge may compel them to share the recording instead.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/03/...s-911-call-unclear-if-recording-still-exists/

This is crazy! How can they be allowed to cover up so obviously like this when not only the police chief who ran the investigation is in prison but the da is under arrest? how can they not have the transcript to the 911 call in a case so closely intertwined with such a huge federal/local cooperative serial killer investigation?

This is crazy! How can they be allowed to cover up so obviously like this when not only the police chief who ran the investigation is in prison but the da is under arrest? how can they not have the transcript to the 911 call in a case so closely intertwined with such a huge federal/local cooperative serial killer investigation?

I think we first have to ask is if the tape is now in the hands and control of the current DA. One would think he would have the final say in releasing the tape and if it would compromise the 'investigation.' Who better than the DA to determine that. This reminds me of what happened in the 2001-2002 steroid investigation that involved a convicted felon named Marlowe Robert Walker III Walker was slated to go to a federal jail in early June, 2002. He avoided going to jail by hooking up with SCPD IAB giving alleged information on SCPD cops, and others.

On May 7, 2002, it was a Lt.Boyle who wrote a letter to the US attorney requesting that Walker not be sent to jail and his cooperation in the steroid case was valuable and worthy of consideration. NOTABLY, that letter was not sent by Tom Spota, where, IMHO is where the letter should have come from - not the SCPD. Much more to this story and if you know anything about the criminal justice system you would know it is really only in the province of the DA, not the PD to make such a recommendation.

I think we first have to ask is if the tape is now in the hands and control of the current DA. One would think he would have the final say in releasing the tape and if it would compromise the 'investigation.' Who better than the DA to determine that. This reminds me of what happened in the 2001-2002 steroid investigation that involved a convicted felon named Marlowe Robert Walker III Walker was slated to go to a federal jail in early June, 2002. He avoided going to jail by hooking up with SCPD IAB giving alleged information on SCPD cops, and others.

On May 7, 2002, it was a Lt.Boyle who wrote a letter to the US attorney requesting that Walker not be sent to jail and his cooperation in the steroid case was valuable and worthy of consideration. NOTABLY, that letter was not sent by Tom Spota, where, IMHO is where the letter should have come from - not the SCPD. Much more to this story and if you know anything about the criminal justice system you would know it is really only in the province of the DA, not the PD to make such a recommendation.

Hawk, but why would the DA have the tape? Wouldn't the LISK task force have it which i believe is made up of SCPD homicide detectives and FBI agents? And we are talking about a digital file here aren't we? The fact they wont produce it even when ordered to do so and claim to not even have a transcript is a clear cover up

This was a case from roughly a decade ago in suffolk county... take note. Spotas DA office obtained every 911 call the defendant ever made in NY going back to 1989.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/01/.../06colli.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

Snip..

There was surprise among onlookers in the gallery — not so much about the Whites’ 911 history or failure to call when it really counted, but about the fact that the prosecution had obtained tapes of calls going back nearly two decades from the authorities.

“Remind me not to call 911 anymore,” a man behind me whispered, to murmurs of agreement.

In response to questions of who actually "owns" the 9-1-1 call,
it's the County.

This reminds me when I was a little guy going to the movies on Saturdays. 3 movies and a Flash Gordon serial, We see Flash getting blown up at the end of the episode but you really know he will be back next weeks stalking Ming The Merciless. How is Flash going to survive? He always does.

Can't wait to Monday to see this modern day version of Flash Gordon.

Sometimes what you think you see and hear is not what you think it is.

As to the above let me go to an old stand-by to explain what I am talking about. Of course I am talking about my former son in law’s case.
The DA said the SIL conspired with the burglars to take the burglary call for the King Kullen when it came in even though it was steps away from his own assigned patrol sector.
What you hear is the call going over the air for another car. You then hear the SIL saying he was in the area and he would take the call.
So you hear the call coming in and you hear the SIL take it from him – bang, bang. Sounds bad don’t it. What you don’t hear is what happens when there are no conversations on the air. The system only picks up sounds -, e.g. voices to recall. The two calls aren’t really ‘bang, bang’ they are a full 80 seconds apart. Not exactly a ‘guarantee’ to take the call to provide cover.
The next series of calls is when you hear him going to the scene and giving it back as all clear within seconds. It was more like 3 minutes, or more than enough time to cross the street to make sure no alarm is ringing as the dispatcher said it would be. More than enough time to circumvent the building to determine there are no break points.
The recordings are always accompanied by what they call a CAD report. The report details to the 10th of a second when each call is comes in and returned………Ooooops, they forgot to give us that pesky bit of information.
I needed to time the calls so I called the tape room. Explained what I wanted to do. Nice fellow on the phone said why you have to do that when you can just look at the CAD Report….. What the heck is that?

THESE dirty c***&'s^&*%^S. Are burning the midnight oil trying to distort the tape should the judge order it.

This what I call fun, BB. If I go to the movie I will have to DVR Hannity. The worst thing that can happen to me is all the *******s go out on Prudenti's boat and it blows up sinking all. That would be the end of it.

Truth is I would like to see Spota, Burke, HIckey, Timmons, and the rest of them live 150 years. I wouldn't want them to miss any misery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASj6j4jFzX0

Follow the Adventures of Flash Gordon. Will he survive once again to fight the forces of Evil. Will Truth, Justice, and the American Way survive the battle of the Gilbert 9 11 Tape. Watch how Flash does it each spine tingling week.

The PD was supposed to produce the 911 tape to the court on Monday, or tell the court why they couldn't/wouldn't. Anyone out there who heard something about this?

The PD was supposed to produce the 911 tape to the court on Monday, or tell the court why they couldn't/wouldn't. Anyone out there who heard something about this?
ok,

I asked a connection. Here is the reply:

"There was no proceeding Monday. The county was ordered to file papers explaining why they haven turned over 911 tapes. We are trying to get that document but it has not been made public yet."

By the way Hawk, your buddy Leann is in ALL sorts of trouble with the SCPD.
She went to a animal shelter and beat the crap out of the inside of the waiting room, they got a restraining order on her and had her arrested. She violated the restraining order by posting stupid shyte about the animal shelter on her facebook page.

While looking her up on webcrims, she's got like 25 lines and is in court
April 18
April 23
and
April 24 to deal with all her criminal activity, and NONE of it is for prostitution

it's for things like having a weapon, assault with intention cause for physical injury with weapon, not showing up in court for appearances, unlawful possession noxious matter, harassment 2nd degree, physical contact, aggravated harassment threatened by phone, criminal contempt, 2nd disobey court, grand larceny 4, value property and gt; $1,000, criminal misconduct, intentional damage property,
lots of misdemeanors and I think 4 felonies.

YIKES

My Buddy - she is such a good buddy of mine I don't even know her last name. I do know what her first name really is. Please provide me with the information so I can follow the progress on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member