WA WA - Tracy Lewis, 31, Ocean Shores, 9 March 2018

It does seem that the coincidence of the Ocean Shores playing host to a convention organized by Narcotics Anonymous is too strong to ignore. If not attending the convention herself, maybe she was meeting up with or hoping to see someone who was going.

Re: the car tracker
If the parents actually owned the car or the financing was in their name, I think legally they are permitted to install a GPS-tracking device. Additionally if the NA angle is possible, the parents of addicts have often had experience with relapses that put their children, their property, their fininaces etc in harms way. I'm not saying that a lack of trust and invasion of privacy is tolerable for anybody but if it is the case, it's easier to understand where the parents might be coming from.

do we know if the car is owned by her or her parents?

do we know if the car is owned by her or her parents?

It was merely speculation on my part: she was living back with here parents so maybe she was using their car?

I have a feeling that this was either a voluntary disappearance or suicide :( very tough for the parents...

I echo everyone else on here about GPS tracker covertly placed on the car being over-the-top helicopter'ing UNLESS the parents own or cosigned for the car. And it they do it own it and have concerns, seems like you would tell a 31 yr old to rent a car for a road trip? The nightly email requirement and checking in also seems a bit much for someone her age. I hope that she is just escaping from overbearing parents and there isn't a history of drug use.

After some digging, I have reason to believe LDS church may be a factor that can be attributed to her getaway. Maybe she felt this was the only way to break free from a life she didn‘t want for herself. She studied in Washington and probably enjoyed the freedom she had there and not being controlled. She does not look happy at all in the photos taken during the Disneyland trip, and the ones showing her not so distressed look like she faked a smile. Parents placing a GPS tracker in her car without her knowing is probably just the tip of the iceberg. I hope she simply had enough and nothing bad happens to her.

This was planned. She claimed to have lost her phone swimming in the ocean but it's 50 degrees or less in Ocean Shores right now, no one is swimming.

Here we go! Sister posted an update that a note was found in Tracy‘s car when officers were searching it. The note says: "I know you'll want to, but please don't try to find me. -Goodnight."

After comparing this note to other writings of hers, family thinks it‘s authentic. Officers are still in the process of reviewing surveillance videos to show if Tracy boarded a bus headed to Aberdeen.

This was planned. She claimed to have lost her phone swimming in the ocean but it's 50 degrees or less in Ocean Shores right now, no one is swimming.

bbm

Yeah, even at its "hottest" in the summer, the ocean off the Washington coast is maybe 65 degrees. The only way the phone would have gone in the water would be if she had been on a boat or was on the jetty. As for the poster upthread who asked why Aberdeen, I'm guessing any bus would have stopped there as it's the nearest large town. Now, how you'd get from Aberdeen to anywhere else, I'm not sure.....

I wish her well and that she finds the peace and happiness she’s looking for. If you’re reading here Tracy, let LE know you’re ok. They can’t tell your family **** without your permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I make it out there about once a year and I've never swam, too darn cold and windy. The Aberdeen part makes me wonder too, where except up the coast would you go from there? If she left all her belongings in her car she either had to be meeting up with someone, had plenty of money on her to buy more stuff or I hate to suggest this, but planned on going somewhere and harming herself so her belongings would not be needed. I hate to think that.

bbm

Yeah, even at its "hottest" in the summer, the ocean off the Washington coast is maybe 65 degrees. The only way the phone would have gone in the water would be if she had been on a boat or was on the jetty. As for the poster upthread who asked why Aberdeen, I'm guessing any bus would have stopped there as it's the nearest large town. Now, how you'd get from Aberdeen to anywhere else, I'm not sure.....

The police didn't tell the public about the note in her car or the possibility that she boarded a bus to Aberdeen, her sister shared that info on Facebook. Maybe they have located her and she requested her family not be told? It just makes me wonder why they aren't publicizing that info, it's important.

I wish her well and that she finds the peace and happiness she’s looking for. If you’re reading here Tracy, let LE know you’re ok. They can’t tell your family **** without your permission.

I agree that this was quite carefully planned to either give herself a head start to someplace else OR to make sure to be undiscovered and rescued alive if she was suicidal.
However, I don’t think it was ever reported that she said she had been swimming - if I recall correctly, it was that her phone had gone for a ‘swim’. I have used this euphemism myself before twice: once when my phone slip out of the back pocket of my jeans into the toilet and once when I accidently dropped while walking on the beach at the water’s edge.

Agree with the musing above about her potentially trying to escape a devoutly Mormon family and culture.
Has anyone found any social media for her? Perhaps her accounts have be culled as part of a wider push to get out. ‘Was wondering about her sexuality as I have a gay friend sadly estranged from his family and church...

If she’s hetero, being female, 31 and single in a devout Mormon family would not be a comfortable situation for her.

is that a pic from Dlsneyland? She doesn't look to be at the happiest place on earth IMO. She looks stressed. Any history of depression? I hopes Tracy is ok but this just sounds so sad already.

None of the pics actually inserted in this thread are at Disneyland.

I've not seen any of her that are at Disney unless there are pictures elsewhere I've not found.

:wave: TB!

Isn't the pic in the thread opener (post #1) taken at Disney???

:thinking:

If it turns out she is an addict, it's definitely not the way you help an adult with addiction. She's an adult, not a child. She's not even a legal-adult-but-still-mentally-immature 18-24 year old*. She's thirty-one. The decisions you make at 31 are yours to make, nobody else's. You help her by making sure she is able to access the services she wants to access and that she has your love and support, not by committing crimes in order to surveil her against her knowledge. You can't make it happen for her. You just push someone away if you do stuff like that. It's like trying to grip onto soap. A lighter touch yields far greater results.

*neurology research shows brain isn't mature until 25, yada yada

I totally agree with you; I have an adult son in recovery. I do have some empathy for parents who may not know what do in this situation. Some people incorrectly think that addiction is a moral failing and that exercising more control, or having that done for you, will help. So it occurred to me that IF Tracy had headed to the convention, her parents might have felt a need to be sure she got there (could also explain their requiring a nightly email, too).

Re: Aberdeen, don’t you pretty much have to pass through there if coming from Ocean Shores to access any major highways? Checking to see if she headed that way might just be another way of saying they are trying to figure out if she actually left Ocean Shores.

Here we go! Sister posted an update that a note was found in Tracy‘s car when officers were searching it. The note says: "I know you'll want to, but please don't try to find me. -Goodnight."

After comparing this note to other writings of hers, family thinks it‘s authentic. Officers are still in the process of reviewing surveillance videos to show if Tracy boarded a bus headed to Aberdeen.

What is the source of this update?

Anyone else think she’s probably been located by law enforcement by now and requested that her location not be made known to her family? It has been dead silent from local media, law enforcement and her sister (who was posting updates on FB) this week, it seems like if she was really still missing we’d be hearing more about it. Or maybe this was so well planned she’s found a great hiding place or someone is assisting her in hiding? I’m still leaning towards my first theory.

Anyone else think she’s probably been located by law enforcement by now and requested that her location not be made known to her family? It has been dead silent from local media, law enforcement and her sister (who was posting updates on FB) this week, it seems like if she was really still missing we’d be hearing more about it. Or maybe this was so well planned she’s found a great hiding place or someone is assisting her in hiding? I’m still leaning towards my first theory.

I don’t know if she’s been located, but I definitely think she is missing voluntarily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back