Found Deceased Uk - Duncan Sim, 19, Student, St Andrews, Scotland, 14 Mar 2018

The only reason i could see him crossing to the Larder side is if he changed his mind and thought he could cross fields n cut through wood back to the halls.
If he went to hotel he would definately be on CCTV as would anybody that was with him, if he went towards town he would eventually get picked up on CCTV also.
Im sure i read that he was seen walking in the direction of Guardbridge from the Rugby Club and thats why they were searching those areas.

Im really not putting much faith in what i was told earlier.

From what we know it only really seems to make sense that he went in that direction, even though there would be no reason to do that unless he was aiming to cut across to go home and went further than he was supposed to. If someone saw him walking down there at night they may have offered him a lift, and then who knows what could have happened.

Hi Star, you a student by any chance?.

When i say the occupants of room had vanished i meant as in done a runner, reason i think it was hotel and halls is because caller said people that had room had left everything lying, incl items from supposed party.

Im not necessarily believing what i was told but its the only rumour ive heard and if you know St Andrews you will know its just like a big village so its quite unusual to hear nothing, even bs stories.

Regardless of where he was before he disappeared, the police will know where the last sighting or last cctv image was, if he did indeed walk off towards Guardbridge, he could have been picked up in a vehicle without anyone else knowing, i heard the police say that they didn't want the leaflets going further afield and prompting false sightings which may be true but in previous investigations it is usually because they know he didn't leave the area. It has already been 10 days and there really is no new information. Not really relevant but i have only seen a few posters in St Andrews, my partner has just told me they are all over Edinburgh, on every lampost.

From what we know it only really seems to make sense that he went in that direction, even though there would be no reason to do that unless he was aiming to cut across to go home and went further than he was supposed to. If someone saw him walking down there at night they may have offered him a lift, and then who knows what could have happened.

Thing is, unless he was walking on the road towards Guardbridge he wouldnt have been seen as most pedestrians would walk the cycle path and thats mostly behind a hedge..

I did say on my first post that he may have drossed roading taking a shortcut to halls.

Regardless of where he was before he disappeared, the police will know where the last sighting or last cctv image was, if he did indeed walk off towards Guardbridge, he could have been picked up in a vehicle without anyone else knowing, i heard the police say that they didn't want the leaflets going further afield and prompting false sightings which may be true but in previous investigations it is usually because they know he didn't leave the area. It has already been 10 days and there really is no new information. Not really relevant but i have only seen a few posters in St Andrews, my partner has just told me they are all over Edinburgh, on every lampost.

I cant remember the wording but im sure it was said that he hadnt actually gone in same direction as his friends but was last seen heading Guardbridge direction.

I am a student but I haven't heard anything. We have our spring break this week and next week, so the vast majority of students have left to go home or go travelling, there's hardly anyone here at the moment. Maybe the person supposedly on a runner went away? Classes didn't officially end until the Friday of that week, but people were already leaving by Wednesday (not unusual for people to skip classes to go away early, and many classes will have been cancelled due to the teaching strike).

I would actually say that there's a decent amount of posters in town. They're at the front of all the shops and there's loads on lamp posts and bus stops. Students make up a majority of the population and we have all been emailed about it a couple of times.

Hello
I just got off the phone with my mother in law whose son, my ex-husband, owns Edenside stables on the Guardbridge road, three miles from StAndrews. She said the police had just left an hour ago, it was their third time there since the young student went missing. They have been doing searches, and this evening were there to review CCTV footage from the yard security cams. Good security there as they have about 100 horses and ponies. She also said that the horses the police were using in the searches by the Old Course and the estuary/dunes were all the way from Glasgow. And two of the officers at the stable yard tonight were up from Edinburgh.
They must have a pretty good reason for beginning their search just nine hours after he went missing....
They must also have a reason why they keep searching as far along the Guardbridge road as Edenside.

Hello
I just got off the phone with my mother in law whose son, my ex-husband, owns Edenside stables on the Guardbridge road, three miles from StAndrews. She said the police had just left an hour ago, it was their third time there since the young student went missing. They have been doing searches, and this evening were there to review CCTV footage from the yard security cams. Good security there as they have about 100 horses and ponies. She also said that the horses the police were using in the searches by the Old Course and the estuary/dunes were all the way from Glasgow. And two of the officers at the stable yard tonight were up from Edinburgh.
They must have a pretty good reason for beginning their search just nine hours after he went missing....
They must also have a reason why they keep searching as far along the Guardbridge road as Edenside.

Good to see you HH. Keep us posted.

Good to see you too, CMC. I live in Aberfeldy but speak regularly with my MIL. My ex was horse shopping in Holland when Duncan Sim went missing but he is doing what he can with the cameras. Also the Bed and Breakfast next door may have cameras. I hope searches have included the birdwatching hut on that stretch of road.

For those unfamiliar with St Andrews, that possible sighting is on the opposite side of town and it would be hard at best to get there without appearing on any footage. Going into the sea at 3am may sound like strange behaviour, but believe me there are many students here who would do this! Hopefully it's completely unrelated and that person comes forward.

I have a colleague who commutes through that area that saw helicopter searches over the Guardbridge area today too. They may have more information to lead them down that route (for example detecting his phone in that area), but it might just be a case of them seeing it as his most likely path if he hasn't appeared on any CCTV in town. I suppose those stables are the first real place you come to on that road that isn't in off the road itself.

Despite being just the other side of the Tay, I’ve seen very little publication of this in Dundee. Definitely not been headline news.
I’m also concerned as I know there had been a meningitis outbreak in the university halls... it’s possible he became infected and confused and disoriented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The meningitis is an interesting point. There were two students with meningitis at the beginning of March - for the first case, the university specified that they lived in private accommodation, the second time (on the 12th) they didn't mention where they live, although I'm guessing based off their first email and emails from previous cases that they would say if they lived in halls. Those in close contact were given antibiotics and they contacted more distant occasional contacts to be vigilant for any symptoms, of course warning all staff and students as well.

Despite being just the other side of the Tay, I’ve seen very little publication of this in Dundee. Definitely not been headline news.
I’m also concerned as I know there had been a meningitis outbreak in the university halls... it’s possible he became infected and confused and disoriented.

I had meningitis over 20 years ago when I was 40. I was so ill I could hardly see and certainly could neither stand nor walk, add the constant vomiting I would think it is unlikely .......but everyone is different.

The meningitis is an interesting point. There were two students with meningitis at the beginning of March - for the first case, the university specified that they lived in private accommodation, the second time (on the 12th) they didn't mention where they live, although I'm guessing based off their first email and emails from previous cases that they would say if they lived in halls. Those in close contact were given antibiotics and they contacted more distant occasional contacts to be vigilant for any symptoms, of course warning all staff and students as well.

The second case lived in halls, I don’t know what halls though. I treated that case at the hospital and was given prophylactic antibiotics.
Disorientation could definitely be an early symptom, and could be mistaken for drunkenness!

Hello, I just have been speaking with my ex husband about the security cam footage at his stables and nothing of note was found. He also said that the local grapevine is saying a body has been found by the Rock and Spindle, a rocky outcrop along from the East Sands. But it's only rumour so I shan't speculate. Truly hope it's wrong.

The a Rock and Spindel is further on, past the golf course. Maiden Rock is near to the caravans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back