NJ NJ - Jan Cotta, 19, Wall Township, 26 June 1973

Ok, so the detective called this morning. The adoptee had the interview and they are sending up his DNA. He is, however, a different man than I thought. Same name, same area, same age. (And it's not common.) The detective asked me if I had submitted him based on his looks alone, and I told him that I would have sent in the tip regardless because of the birth date.

The adoptee also told me that his birth mother was 19, and was apparently going to become a lawyer.

Fingers still crossed. We should get word back within a few weeks, I think.

Were there ever any answers about any of this?

I continue to update her family as each rule out comes in.
There is a Jane Doe on Virginia that is going to have DNA testing done soon that looks like she should be compared.

I continue to update her family as each rule out comes in.
There is a Jane Doe on Virginia that is going to have DNA testing done soon that looks like she should be compared.
That's good you stay in touch. Do you know if their DNA is on the genealogy sites in the off chance Jan's baby survived and was adopted and may be looking for her family?

I'll ask about the DNA sites. I post all the time about them, and the cases that are being solved by them, so I assume the family is aware, but it doesn't hurt to make sure.

Nothing. I thought that there was a Jane Doe that was found floating in the ocean back in the 70's that I think they were going to DNA testing on that I am waiting to hear about. I'll check on the rule outs again a little later and post any additions after I am done babysitting tonight.

As of today 3/2/2020, there are 21 unidentified persons exclusions listed on Namus: Weirdly, for UP1567 and UP6629, Jan appears in the rule out list for the UID, but they are not listed on Jan's exclusion page.
Neptune NJ Jane Doe - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Isle of Wight, VA Jane Doe - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Atlantic Highlands Jane Doe - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Granby, MA Jane Doe - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back